• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

Neat, Dawn of War and Space Marine are on discount this week. 75% for the full DOW collection, and 75% off for Space Marine.

The Codex Astartes approves these savings.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Orange Juice for everyone!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (BinaryPork2737, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

100% Orange Juice -- MB-AEEB8E98939CAB28 - Taken by bronson. 7 entrants total.

t1407173378z1.png

I also just noticed this when redeeming keys from Groupees:

Note: This action is irreversible. So be carefull about redeeming!

No problem. However, I just checked mine and I don't see it anywhere. :( Maybe it hasn't been updated yet.

Checked mine too, and I'm guessing it's Desura being as slow as usual :/

Jawmuncher

Dementium 2 is defiantly the best deal in the weeklong. Though with a cut like that won't surprise me up see it in a bundle in the future. Especially a Halloween themed one.

Mono

but witcher is on steam, youll at least see people there. You havent seen me when there is a wow xpac yet, I honest to god disapear from the face of the earth

lets just say Im missing one of the sale badges because I skipped one of the xmas sales because...there was a new xpac out. I literally did nothing else on the computer, I didnt even check deals lol

Oh wow. RIP Rhaknar!!

My friend's trying to get me back into WoW and this is why I can't do it; it's too fun / time consuming! I disappeared for a while then WoTLK came out, for sure.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

100% Orange Juice -- MB-D26378369EC590BF - Taken by Kiru

Now that my Dishonored game is coming to a close, gonna have to be at that point again where it's hard to figure out what game I"m going to play next. I might just finish Dark Souls, Play TiTS again, or Wolfenstein (I think I need a break from Single Player First person games for a bit though since I just finished Dishonored and I already play CS:GO all the time.

What did you think of Dishonored? I finished it last week.

xeris

I just posted a Steam review for Richard and Alice. Instead of hitting y'all with a wall of text, I'll just give the link to the review. Long story short, I found it to be a predictable, boring slog that felt longer than the two hours it took to play.

Dr Dogg

I can confirm that the game is complete and utter shit.

Well it's got a fair few card drops, which sell between 8p-10p and seeing as those lovely folk at EVGA bestowed this turd on me for free, coupled with Idle Master letting me getting without installing let alone playing it I'm about 70p up!

I stealthily hit 1.5K games and haven't even noticed, let's hope I'll be better prepared for 2K

I think if you don't get a new badge for it you can't have a party when you get to a milestone. What are they again? 250, 500, 1k, 2k, 3k?

StAidan

Somehow I missed that The Banner Saga got a price drop the other day. I wouldn't mind picking it up for a tenner on the next 50% off sale.

Lain

Nice to see Sub-Zero came back.

iDLEM@STER is so good, while I'm wasting time on GAF the little fella is there trucking along, getting me cards that I keep on selling (only the ones I have no interest in ever using to make a badge though). I was surprised Aerena and Forge spitted out Cards.

I wanted to give away a could of the games in the latest Groupees bundle that I already owned, but I'm still waiting on the games. Hell, I'm even waiting on Google Wallet to "refund" the 3 failed purchases, because even if it says my card was not charged, the money was put on some sort of hold since I'm missing the amount of 4 purchases (the Amazon one that went through and the 3 Google Wallet ones).
Hopefully it won't take too much longer.

Ryne

check yo PMs

Thank you, gotta pay it forward!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ryne, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

99 SPIRITS & CAGE OF NIGHT (DLC) -- MB-FE9B7F3D98BEDDEA - Taken by ReduxMachine
100% ORANGE JUICE -- MB-6653053A3C7EA79D - Taken by chronomac

Jusoni

This has got to be the fiftieth time Jagged alliance 2 has gone on a weeklong deal. I may have to buy it this time. One of the greatest turn based strategies there is.

Dr Dogg

Ah bollocks! I've just realised by changing my contact details Steam wipes your stored payment info for protection. If I reinput them, even if it's the same card details, is that going to lock me out of the market?

Edit: Yeah typing this on a phone proved harder than I thought.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished off type:rider, and holy fucking shit were the controls broken as fuck. Platforming in this game was awful. The jumps are sticky, so most of the time you can't even correct yourself without dying if you're stuck in a bad spot. I loved everything else about it: the music, the aesthetics, the concept... It could've been one of my favorite games if it weren't for the shit controls. I'm so mad about that. I can't recommend playing it, but maybe watch it on youtube or twitch, because it's really interesting beyond the carpal tunnel.

I need to ice my wrist.

aku:jiki

Just finished off type:rider, and holy fucking shit were the controls broken as fuck. Platforming in this game was awful. The jumps are sticky, so you can't correct yourself without dying most of the time if you're stuck in a bad spot.

I loved everything else about it: the music, the aesthetics, the concept... It could've been one of my favorite games if it weren't for the shit controls. I'm so mad about that.

I can't recommend playing it, but maybe watch it on youtube or twitch, because it's really interesting beyond the carpal tunnel.

I need to ice my wrist.
Use a controller for platformers, man. It played fine for me. The only complaint I had about the platforming was that it was too simplistic and there were a few really bad checkpoints where you couldn't reach a letter or the ampersand without momentum you got before the checkpoint and as such can't get again without restarting the whole thing.

MUnited83

For you.
Playing Law and Order: Legacies. Drawing circles to get evidence? WTF IS THIS TELLTALE? Voice acting is atrocious so far too.

Only worth it if you have a friend to play with.
Ehr... of course I have loads of friends to play with. LOADS. >_>'
MAGIX Audio & Music Lab '14 Premium isn't cheaper anywhere. Best I can do is buy 24 second-hand keys and sell them to make up the $50, but that'd only save me a few bucks. Notsureifwant.jpg.
Are you into Audio Editing or do you consider it only for +1 ?
Maybe there are better alternatives for Audio Editing.

I considered getting 99 Spirits because of Japanese (themed) cards being valuable. Strangely it's not the case with this game.

Isomer looks interesting though.

Arthea

how do you play? I will play but I have no idea what to do

It's really easy to get into, it's more or less like any board game, if you can in about an hour, it would be great. I'm not sure I have you added on steam, have I?

edited: just checked and I have. I'll message you when we are about to play

Worth it for Bloodrayne alone. The game was half off during the Summer Sale, yes, but that was the first time it'd been discounted at all since at least late 2010.

I only got a GOG link for Bloodrayne :( Oh well, once Galaxy is released, I'll be more inclined to start playing my GOG games...lol, play games!

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Dementium 2 is defiantly the best deal in the weeklong. Though with a cut like that won't surprise me up see it in a bundle in the future. Especially a Halloween themed one.

Watched an entire LP of it and let's just say I wasn't watching because of how interesting the game was.

Edit: Steam wallet @ 2,96€ :D. If I can double that I might get KiD

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ah bollocks! I've just realised by changing my contact details Steam wipes your stored payment info for protection. If I reinput them, even if it's the same card details, is that going to lock me out of the market?

The market restriction only kicks in if you add funds to your wallet with a payment method you hadn't previously used on the store.

Are you into Audio Editing or do you consider it only for +1 ?
Maybe there are better alternatives for Audio Editing.

Take a guess. ;) I currently have a little under $10 in my Wallet, though, so if I do some more idling throughout the week I'll be able to bring the program down to a more agreeable price.

HoosTrax

Just finished off type:rider, and holy fucking shit were the controls broken as fuck. Platforming in this game was awful. The jumps are sticky, so most of the time you can't even correct yourself without dying if you're stuck in a bad spot. I loved everything else about it: the music, the aesthetics, the concept... It could've been one of my favorite games if it weren't for the shit controls. I'm so mad about that. I can't recommend playing it, but maybe watch it on youtube or twitch, because it's really interesting beyond the carpal tunnel.

I need to ice my wrist.
I don't remember anything notably bad about controls in Type:Rider at all. I vaguely recall the lolcat level being a bit aggravating to 100%, but not necessarily due to controls. As you mentioned carpal tunnel, I assume you were trying to play it on keyboard? It played perfectly fine on a controller. I can't think of many platformers (even one as simple as this one) that I would willingly play on a keyboard. Maybe VVVVVV.

Ozium

it's easy to pick up! I won my first ever (and only so far) game without anyone really telling me anything. it's kind of fun though!

It's really easy to get into, it's more or less like any board game, if you can in about an hour, it would be great. I'm not sure I have you added on steam, have I?

edited: just checked and I have. I'll message you when we are about to play

Im playing a campaign game now and I have no idea what I'm doing.. well I do but I have no idea who/what "Norma" is and what my objective is lol

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Use a controller for platformers, man. It played fine for me. The only complaint I had about the platforming was that it was too simplistic and there were a few really bad checkpoints where you couldn't reach a letter or the ampersand without momentum you got before the checkpoint and as such can't get again without restarting the whole thing.
Yeah, I figure I'll need a controller eventually to spare my poor wrist. I totally forgot how bad some checkpoints were, you're right. It just was frustrating to me when the game killed you off for no fault of your own, like the mine cart sections of Clarendon.

I don't remember anything notably bad about controls in Type:Rider at all. I vaguely recall the lolcat level being a bit aggravating to 100%, but not necessarily due to controls. As you mentioned carpal tunnel, I assume you were trying to play it on keyboard? It played perfectly fine on a controller. I can't think of many platformers (even one as simple as this one) that I would willingly play on a keyboard. Maybe VVVVVV.
Yeah, I played it entirely on keyboard. I don't have a usb controller around here, so I'll prob have to get one, or get an adapter for the controllers I do have on hand...

Glad to know that the controls weren't shit across the board.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Wut:
You are not allowed to sell more than 200 items in a calendar year without providing us with more information first. To provide the necessary information, please click here. If you have already provided us with the necessary information, then it may require verification before the limit can be removed.

Silly Steam. Clicking "Here" brings up the account page :lol.

Knurek

Playing Law and Order: Legacies. Drawing circles to get evidence? WTF IS THIS TELLTALE? Voice acting is atrocious so far too.

Well, adventure games only sell on tablets, it seems. :\
Still the best court related game. Phoenix Wright is not fit to polish Law & Order: Legacies shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom