• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locust

Skipping ahead with ctrl+c doesn't seem to work anymore in the latest iDLEM@STER.

Always getting "error checking if drops are done".

A counter-argument: I am about to enter the US on a visa which limits me from legally earning self-employment income. It is possible that I could literally be kicked out of the country by selling Steam cards because Valve records the sales for tax purposes. As a result, I will no longer be able to sell cards.

IRS sent me a fax with tax documents to fill because I had a free online-provided fax number from USA. So you are free to make assumptions about IRS.

HoosTrax

The giant lolcat wall-of-death in the Comic Sans level in Type:Rider could be glitched somewhat. It involved sort of doing a loop-the-loop to gain enough momentum to hurl yourself off-screen, directly onto "E" or "F" I think (there's a Steam guide that's a bit more detailed). You'd end up getting a huge headstart on the lolcat.

I kind of liked the game overall. Whatever frustrations resulted from the mine carts and lolcat, it was a pretty unique experience, and one of the only "artsy" games I've liked.

A counter-argument: I am about to enter the US on a visa which limits me from legally earning self-employment income. It is possible that I could literally be kicked out of the country by selling Steam cards because Valve records the sales for tax purposes. As a result, I will no longer be able to sell cards.
S'ok. US-Steam-GAF will help you money-launder your Steam cards.

Tizoc

If you like Suda games then yes.

The only bad things is if you don't like the dating/sexy girls aspect.

Then there are no bad things because that is entirely optional and not necessarily needed to beat the base/main game.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Killer is dead worth it? Heard bad things but looks amazing visually

It's an extremely stylish and simplistic character action game. Very under rated as far as I am concerned

One great game, coming up!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (electroflame, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Brutal Concussion DLC for AaAaAA!!! -- MB-C0B5EB069DB17DAE - Taken by jshackles. 2 entrants total.
AaAaAA!!! - A Reckless Disregard for Gravity -- MB-D8B1A91A268152FF - Taken by VikasNarula. 4 entrants total.

t1407177639z1.png

Here comes some games!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Gunstarheroes:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Gunstarheroes, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

99 Spirits -- MB-0825F6AE6FDCF509 - Taken by Man Puncher. 3 entrants total.
100% Orange Juice -- MB-714BB9A245DA7F20 - Taken by Pop. 10 entrants total.

t1407177759z1.png

Aaron

It's an extremely stylish and simplistic character action game. Very under rated as far as I am concerned
It's not simplistic if you unlock all the abilities and play at the higher difficulties. Chaining all your moves together while dodging, guard breaking, and using sub weapons all at hyperspeed is a challenge, though it's no DMC3.

I already owned AaAaAA!!! - A Reckless Disregard for Gravity but was still able to redeem the humble key on Steam. It shows up on "Account Details" but I'm not sure if it gave me a +1.

Vazduh

So many 100% Orange Juice giveaways, is it in a bundle? Because I want it lol

Groupees' Build A Be Mine bundle will be live in 15 minutes. https://groupees.com/babmb

-Lili: Child of Geos
-Isomer
-The Campaign Series: Fall Weiss
-Bloodrayne (old one)
-100% Orange Juice
-Little Big Adventure
-99 Spirits
-The Book of Legends
-99 Spirits - Cage of Night

2 games minimum, more stuff unlocks later.

Yup

If you like Suda games then yes.

The only bad things is if you don't like the dating/sexy girls aspect.

I don't know about that.
I don't like Suda51 games.
And I loved KiD.

I'm going to raffle it off if groupees ever gives me my fucking keys

Groupees is fucking me on my keys too, currently.
Add them to my list with Humble.

Edit: Ok, they gave me my keys. Cross them off my list.
As for Humble? What a bunch of fucking jerks. They're currently worse than Steam support... and I'm completely serious. at least when I kept updating my ticket with Steam support, after 72 hours, someone always responded... and from then on, things were pretty good back and forth. I'm currently over 84h waiting for any human response from Humble.

first off: get better, Shadownet. You got this.

second off: welcome back, sub zero. that post earlier was a mature move and i applaud you for that. you have my respect.

Now for games;

Arkham City was awesome. Steam says I put 20 hours into it but that does include the 2 hours or so from the Harley DLC (meh). The game proper was FANFUCKINGTASTIC and i dunno why it didn't click for me years ago. The hand to hand combat is so much better than just about any game out there, the zooming around and diving then catching the wind to glide around the town has a learning curve to it that once mastered makes you feel like such a badass, and the game still looks pretty good with DX11 stuff set to normal (dat slightly transparent cape yo).

Seems like Rocksteady always stumbles at the end, though. The plot just becomes real dumb about 3/4 of the way through and the game kinda just ends in a moment that could've played out better. One inconsistency that made me laugh:
Tells lie to Talia to get to Ras so he can steal his blood. TELLS MR FREEZE THAT HE'S A MAN OF HIS WORD. hah

I'll give them some credit when it comes to its bosses. Glad that the game isn't just a series of fights against Bane like the first game. You can tell that they took that criticism to heart, and that
Mr Freeze
fight was pretty enjoyable.

I didn't finish all of the side stuff even with my 20 hours invested in the GOTY version but i finished enough of them to say that they're pretty good. They went with quality over quantity and that worked for me. The same can't be said with the riddler shit. Between trophies, challenges, and catwoman's own trophies there's gotta be around 500 of them and that shit is just too much. I felt that AA nailed the sweet spot, feeling like an accomplishment when you collected them all and never really making one feel overwhelmed. I'm hoping that Oranges shows restraint in that regard and can't wait to check it out before AK comes out : )

Come, my brethren, and enjoy this bounty:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys and 4 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (crazyrabbits, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ulgzbKC.png
The Samaritan Paradox (Desura) -- MB-3C8799E20D1AD1DB - Taken by Catshade. 1 entrants total.
Canyon Capers -- MB-898C719A2C73637A - Taken by darkchewie. 3 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
100% Orange Juice (Desura) -- MB-49C62F46E007F1A1
Fireburst -- MB-A184F505CD31B8BB - Taken by FiveElementNinja. 3 entrants total.
Cobi Treasure Deluxe -- MB-1453A331DFBD9DF0
Radical Roach Deluxe Edition -- MB-68D85CBC1F4F4EDA
Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams -- MB-CF0EC2D6B8FCFA9A - Taken by Bel_Air_Jeff. 5 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Koala Kids (Desura) -- MB-C79CD74C8BD729A2
100% Orange Juice -- MB-3FE641FAB93D1771 - Taken by cardinalmind. 20 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Lunar Panda Deluxe (Desura) -- MB-C14DACD7DD523189 - Taken by Pudge. 1 entrants total.

t1407188199z1.png

It's not simplistic if you unlock all the abilities and play at the higher difficulties. Chaining all your moves together while dodging, guard breaking, and using sub weapons all at hyperspeed is a challenge, though it's no DMC3.

Yeah, the game deserves more credit.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
kD1VOni.png

If I were a rich man,
Yubby dibby dibby dibby dibby dibby dibby dum.
All day long I'd biddy biddy bum.
If I were a wealthy man.

Anyway, its time for me to go in. I love you guys, I've been reading all your well wishes today. Over and over again. Thank you for everything.

Get well soon!

I've been having discussions with a few members from here lately (I also received a lot of PMs, I read them all, you guys are awesome :) ) and everyone seems to agree that SteamGAF is a funny place at the moment. Don't know what's the reason behind that, but for now I'd rather keep a low profile and mostly lurk. I will still participate in discussions but I won't be so active. Hopefully when everything gets back to normal and I am at a better emotional state I will be posting, participating (and giving away) more :)

That's all and sorry for the long post

The thread was a lesser place without you. Welcome back!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of StAidan, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (StAidan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Transistor #2 -- MB-41533CA3F90AA302 - Taken by Cosmic Schwung. 56 entrants total.
Transistor -- MB-2688E7BBFCC61A9D - Taken by Vastag. 78 entrants total.

t1407181358z1.png

Personally, I never felt like you had anything to apologize for.
I think you and I had enough conversations that you know exactly what my thoughts on you and this whole situation were, so I'm not going to rehash it all for the general public.

Just know that it wasn't the same with you gone and I'm absolutely ecstatic that you're participating again in some way, shape, or form. Welcome back, frost brother.

Ozium

dat Vitamin C

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ozium, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

100% Orange Juice -- MB-2C6B507C069290DD - Taken by billmcdougal. 13 entrants total.

t1407178839z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I already owned AaAaAA!!! - A Reckless Disregard for Gravity but was still able to redeem the humble key on Steam. It shows up on "Account Details" but I'm not sure if it gave me a +1.

The retail sub includes the demo for some reason. Demos have their own app type and don't count as +1s.

xeris

Because the world needs more Vitamin C

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (xeris, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

100% Orange Juice -- MB-FF9FB504BF2DDC6E - Taken by maty. 14 entrants total.

t1407188799z1.png

FtHTiny

I didn't have any trouble with NG+, but my speedrun which used the world record route was brutal. I must have spent an hour an a half just beating that part once. 6 health using the magic amplifying armor that halves your life, which means your actual health is less than the starting health. The final level was a joke in comparison.

yeah i´m not on that level of skill at all right now.
I´m not even sure if i will even attempt the speed run, it sounds really hard.

Nabs

Reminder: GMG has a 25% off coupon that works with the new Street Fighter upgrade and the Dark Souls 2 season pass: WAT399-HZSWBT-IWXJWB

It also works on pre-orders.

Ozium

Reminder: GMG has a 25% off coupon that works with the new Street Fighter upgrade and the Dark Souls 2 season pass: WAT399-HZSWBT-IWXJWB

It also works on pre-orders.

If only it worked with GMG credit

edit: I saw Irem arcade hits on GMG for 2.50 and got excited but it's not on Steam :(

Easy_D

never left the stone age
The retail sub includes the demo for some reason. Demos have their own app type and don't count as +1s.

Is that why Cogs! Demo always appears in my Subscription list? It bothers me a lot more than it should (I have removed it plenty of times but it keeps reappearing)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is that why Cogs! Demo always appears in my Subscription list? It bothers me a lot more than it should (I have removed it plenty of times but it keeps reappearing)

The only sub the Cogs demo is in, is its own Free on Demand sub. Said sub reappearing after you've removed it from your account page sounds like a bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom