• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vuze

The geo-lock for Dead Rising 3 will apparently remain. Somebody received an email reply by the costumer """support""" of Capcpom.

Guten Tag,

Nachdem wir das Problem mit "Dead Rising 3" für PC mit unseren Anwälten diskutiert haben, können wir nun bestätigen, dass wir das Spiel leider nicht in Deutschland verkaufen oder bewerben dürfen, da es hier indiziert ist. Im Zuge dessen wurde auch beschlossen, dass "Dead Rising 3" für PC nicht innerhalb Deutschlands aktiviert werden darf. Auch "Dead Rising 2: Off The Record" durfte von in Deutschland lebenden Kunden nicht gekauft oder installiert werden. Wir entschuldigen uns aufrichtig für die Unannehmlichkeiten, die einigen Kunden hieraus entstehen.
Falls Sie eine Rückerstattung des Kaufpreises erhalten möchten, kontaktieren Sie bitte den Steam-Kundenservice.
Bitte fügen Sie alle vorherige Korrespondenz an, wenn Sie auf diese Email antworten.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Capcom Technischer Support
-email-

Won't translate it completly since it only affects Germany SteamGAF but basically they state that after checking back with their lawyers they HAD to introduce the geolock due to the Xbox One version being indexed lol. I think they should get some new lawyers then. Or probably I will get a Xbox One, import DR3 from Austria and play it on the One in Germany because there is no geolocking for this version. #realthug

Oh yeah, and we should contact Valve support to get a refund. Yes because OBVIOUSLY Valve will refund gifted games. ugh.

Source: see comments http://steamcommunity.com/groups/foruncut#announcements/detail/252518363768404064

Is 99 Spirits any good? That's the only game other than 100% OJ that I'm interested in.

From what I played of it for playfire rewards, it was unique and interesting. Check out a gameplay video and if it looks up your alley in the slightest, I'd say yes. I liked it enough that I bought the DLC for it from this new bundle.

Ban Puncher

Paying it forward.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Man Puncher, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

99 Spirits -- MB-5E3439D1D8765D36 - Taken by GaussTek
100% Orange Juice -- MB-C5B6C64CA0919319 - Taken by electroflame

Easy_D

never left the stone age
So checking on my Playfire rewards page, I should have a lot more than £0.20 credit.. Is it buggy or does it reset?

The only sub the Cogs demo is in, is its own Free on Demand sub. Said sub reappearing after you've removed it from your account page sounds like a bug.

I'll keep deleting it until it gives up then!

Between this and Antonio Banderas answering my question on reddit, I've been having a really good day.

nPigDjd.png

The geo-lock for Dead Rising 3 will apparently remain. Somebody received an email reply by the costumer """support""" of Capcpom.

Won't translate it completly since it only affects Germany SteamGAF but basically they state that after checking back with their lawyers they HAD to introduce the geolock due to the Xbox One version being indexed lol. I think they should get some new lawyers then. Or probably I will get a Xbox One, import DR3 from Austria and play it on the One in Germany because their is no geolocking for this version. #realthug

Oh yeah, and we should contact Valve support to get a refund. Yes because OBVIOUSLY Valve will refund traded games. ugh.
They offered no reason whatsoever why they introduced that lock. Thanks, Capcom lawyers

Goddammit, at this pace I'll never finish Dark Souls 2 DLC, Transistor, Battleblock Theater, Abyss Odyssey, Fallout 2 or Child Of Light (or any of the other 600 games I haven't started yet but those bother me the most). Haven't had the time to play in 2 weeks at all.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

99 Spirits -- MB-3B56476DCEBBECA3 - Taken by swx
QuestRun -- MB-27A81EF832ABEC7C - Taken by Gunstarheroes
Marine Sharpshooter 2: Jungle Warfare -- MB-1D5DC11A75977652 - Taken by Woody Invincible
Guise Of The Wolf -- MB-E5A011532E394F34 - Taken by adriano999
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams -- MB-0A2BCD84262B5DE2 - Taken by kadab
The Samaritan Paradox -- MB-37604D936A220829 - Taken by GaussTek
The Book of Legends -- MB-C2B1946EC40162C0 - Taken by dot
Data Hacker: Initiation -- MB-CC1DBADFF2710144 - Taken by drakaenae
99 Levels To Hell -- MB-55ADCFC4FBED6E75 - Taken by More_Badass
100% Orange Juice -- MB-23477630E729A86A - Taken by EzioCroft

Is 99 Spirits any good? That's the only game other than 100% OJ that I'm interested in.

I dug it a lot. Its more a visual novel with some gaming component, but the story is interesting and fun to read, and the gameplay is fun in small doses. I also nabbed the DLC during this, and gladly bought a copy to giveaway. For what you pay for it, absolutely.

Edit: Why do the random giveaway i'd take a game from happen so close to the big ones. I haven't won in a week+, i've got to use that power to nab something cool.

this is without a doubt the best thing to come out of Strike Vector getting cards

fuck yeah

::thumbs up::

Must be nice to sell cards. I'm waiting for the next sale since im starting to inch close to the 200 item limit. Hopefully people will still want Resident Evil Revelations cards whenever that happens.

zkylon

zkylewd
Hate is such a strong word.
I'm more like ambivalent. Loved the game when I played it, but since then I've played tonnes of better games, and as such don't have rose-tinted glasses when thinking of the game.

it's not a matter of rose tintes glasses, i'm not saying it's goat or any such shit, but it's just a really cool game in a cool setting with a bunch of cool scenes which is what the final fantasy series have always been for me

the towns and the music and midgar in general are just very memorable and i like that

i don't even bother talking about combat or whatever cos frankly i don't give a shit about that when talking final fantasy games, i just want cool shit like kefka blowing up the world or every single midgar scene or dem garden fights, that shit is what i like and ff7 had it in spades

So by the way, which of you nice lads is playing some League of Legends now and then? =)
i play it but not on na/euw server so probably doesn't matter

we have a nice thread in which we all whine about broken champions and are mean to each other and make fun of doto

BruteUA

This isn't really my cup of tea juice, so have at it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 1 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (BruteUA, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

xheRJRF.gif
100% Orange Juice -- MB-9AA4AC50ED3414D0 - Taken by fernandes. 17 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
100% Orange Juice (Desura) -- MB-7E293394075F0B33 - Taken by S1n1st3r

t1407189879z1.png

What did you ask Antonio and what did he say?

Some context: Wesley Snipes and Antonio Banderas IAMA, they were promoting Expendables 3.

I asked: Puss in Boots vs. Blade. Who would win in a battle?

Antonio replied: PUSS IN BOOTS. His eyes are the MOST IMPORTANT WEAPON OF MASS DESTRUCTION in the whole world right now. With his eyes, he can defeat entire action heroes, anything!

Ibuki

Banned
I haven't even played Steam games in a few days. Idlemaster has been running throughout, pretty awesome stuff. Anyone play Crypt of the Necrodancer? I'm sure I've missed lots of impressions.

Elija2

Question: Is it possible to buy two separate Groupees bundles? I'd like to buy two copies of 100% OJ, one for me and one for a friend, but I'd also like to buy 99 Spirits and the DLC for myself. I was thinking of making one set OJ+99 Spirits and a second set OJ+DLC and just giving the second OJ to my friend. Would that work?

MRORANGE

I am sure this is probably right in front of me, but how can you tell if a game has Trading Cards?

Go to store page of the game in question, on the right hand side if you scroll a bit you will see a list of features, it should say Steam Trading Cards to qualify.

edit: b10

I haven't even played Steam games in a few days. Idlemaster has been running throughout, pretty awesome stuff. Anyone play Crypt of the Necrodancer? I'm sure I've missed lots of impressions.

I can't say enough how much i love Necrodancer. If you like rouge-likes or rhythm games at all, you absolutely should consider getting it.

Ozium

Question: Is it possible to buy two separate Groupees bundles? I'd like to buy two copies of 100% OJ, one for me and one for a friend, but I'd also like to buy 99 Spirits and the DLC for myself. I was thinking of making one set OJ+99 Spirits and a second set OJ+DLC and just giving the second OJ to my friend. Would that work?

yep, you will also get 2 sets of bonuses

Ibuki

Banned
I can't say enough how much i love Necrodancer. If you like rouge-likes or rhythm games at all, you absolutely should consider getting it.

I love both of those genres so it sounds right up my alley. My card money has almost reached 15 so I might snag it when it does.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
xheRJRF.gif

what are you doing modbot

wasn't modbot. the modbot poop list doesn't have any divisive calls on it. there is one game that has like a 40 metacritic that someone told me has since been patched a bunch and doesn't suck anymore, and jshackles posted a moderately positive review of unearthed: the trail of ibn battuta, but besides that i don't imagine anyone will actually serious contest anything on the poop list. if you see a poop next to a game people actually like, it's probably the giver manually overriding it.

wasn't modbot. the modbot poop list doesn't have any divisive calls on it. there is one game that has like a 40 metacritic that someone told me has since been patched a bunch and doesn't suck anymore, and jshackles posted a moderately positive review of unearthed: the trail of ibn battuta, but besides that i don't imagine anyone will actually serious contest anything on the poop list. if you see a poop next to a game people actually like, it's probably the giver manually overriding it.

tldr: the poop system is rock solid!

Isn't there a tool that shows how much all of your trading cards are going for in the market without actually going into your inventory on Steam?

what an ahole

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I think I might end up with RSI from selling all of these cards I've gotten from Idle Master. The system works alright! But man, do you have to work for your 8 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom