• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Considering I have 100 games left to idle, there go at least $10 worth of GMG credit XD.
Not a major loss since I can make it up with the release of newer games and their cheevo rewards ;)

Think of the foils Tizoc, think of the foils!

They recently stopped giving out "first time" rewards for older games, adding another cheevo at 0.10 instead. First time rewards only happen for newly released games now I think.

Ah that's good then. Honestly I've not been paying too much attention to the PlayFire rewards recently as I haven't owned much of them when they have been up.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know about that.
I don't like Suda51 games.
And I loved KiD.

Did you play the No More Heroes games? They're awesome! Sine Mora, Liberation Maiden and Lollipop Chainsaw? Didn't enjoy any of them?

Vuze

I saw your screenshots on Stream. They are really good shots!

Thanks! Yeah, it's easy to take appealing screenshots in this game hehe :p
Wish the dev would reply to my question about removing the vignette effect that ruins tiled shots (IQ is not quite there for wallpaper use), but guess he's busy setting up everything for the release tomorrow.

Tellaerin

wow it's incredibly hard to sell a foil

and it's like price goes down by 50c per day

I've gotten a handful of foil drops, and all of them sold eventually (though in some cases, they sat there for months before someone bought them), but none of them has ever sold for much. Right now I have a foil for Star Wolves 3 up for sale. Priced it a penny lower than the lowest going price. If and when it moves, it'll bring in a dollar and change. Maybe in time for a November sale.

Elija2

Of course. Desura keys aren't exactly popular, though, unless they're required to retrieve Steam keys from one's Desura collection page.

Oh well, worth a shot. Modbot giveaway incoming!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 0 Steam keys and 3 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Elija2, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ulgzbKC.png
99 Spirits (Desura) -- MB-8A07F10E3183ADC5
ulgzbKC.png
100% Orange Juice #1 (Desura) -- MB-2C5D480B6CC8C463
ulgzbKC.png
100% Orange Juice #2 (Desura) -- MB-6EEB2C95BDEAD85D - Taken by Twin Tails

t1407183699z1.png

yuraya

They take much longer to sell. Anywhere from 3-5 days. I think I had an Aerena foil on the market for 5+ days before it sold. Bad Rats foil took like 3 or 4 days as well. You gotta be patient.

Lomax

They take much longer to sell. Anywhere from 3-5 days. I think I had an Aerena foil on the market for 5+ days before it sold. Bad Rats foil took like 3 or 4 days as well. You gotta be patient.

I got a foil for Rooks Keep the day it released and was excited but in the few weeks since then not a single one has sold, even one, at any price. Someone has a buy order up for 24 cents that I'm almost tempted to take. There's just no demand any more.

Thanks! Yeah, it's easy to take appealing screenshots in this game hehe :p
Wish the dev would reply to my question about removing the vignette effect that ruins tiled shots (IQ is not quite there for wallpaper use), but guess he's busy setting up everything for the release tomorrow.
Some shots really look like paintings. The Dev made a gorgeous game.

While reading reviews for Monster Loves You, I saw jshackles review and a cool number underneath his name.

aku:jiki

I got a foil for Rooks Keep the day it released and was excited but in the few weeks since then not a single one has sold, even one, at any price. Someone has a buy order up for 24 cents that I'm almost tempted to take. There's just no demand any more.
Yeah, foils are pretty clearly a different beast than regular cards. There's tons of people who will, apparently, craft a regular badge for pretty much any game, but with foils the price is high enough that it has to be a game people actually like and care about.

Like my Stacking foil sold, and my Deus Ex: The Fall one has a chance since it's Deus Ex, but this Shad'O foil will still be sitting in my inventory when I die of old age.

HoosTrax

Ouch, looking at the reviews, I feel bad for anyone who preordered Sacred 3. Sounds shallow and dumbed down in every possible aspect.

By contrast, I've developed a liking to PoE, despite the initially overwhelming passive skill tree. Lots of interesting skill-linking synergy potential. Nice attention to little detail in the visual assets (could use a lot more variety, less skin/model reuse though).

Elija2

100% OJ cards are still going for a decent amount. At first I thought it was because of the waifu backgrounds, but the backgrounds aren't even that good!

zkylon

zkylewd
I've gotten a handful of foil drops, and all of them sold eventually (though in some cases, they sat there for months before someone bought them), but none of them has ever sold for much. Right now I have a foil for Star Wolves 3 up for sale. Priced it a penny lower than the lowest going price. If and when it moves, it'll bring in a dollar and change. Maybe in time for a November sale.

well the one i got is for tits so i figured it'd have a bit of demand.

speaking of tits, are there any good animu profile backgrounds, i'm tired of elizabeth

browsing options for the market are so fucking bad

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Steam down for anyone else? ;(

Edit: Oh boy back again.

Edit #2: I wish I got a booster pack for Eversion, those cards go for a lot. I can only imagine what a foil Eversion card sells for.

Salsa

so the entire LCD + digitizer for my phone is $100 on Ebay

same thing + the repairt itself here = $230

here's the thing: I dont know if the replacement screen can go through customs without a fee

sucks. Guess i'll pay the $230 somehow. what's a bummer is that it's close to a whole new phone. I should use the opportunity to upgrade but it came at a really bad time and honestly the galaxy S3 has been fine, so its not like I need to

ughh

we played some arcade multiplayer on 1001 spikes yesterday and its more full fledged than I thought

Copons

Welcome back old bean. This little beauty is worth checking out. You'll be rich in no time.

Great to see you back!

You might want to check this out for idling cards.

Oh you dum-dums! Read what you're quoting every now and then! :p

Shit I just discovered about Idle-Master and I'm already one of the everybodies who love it!

Welcome back glad you enjoyed your stay :p
I guess you missed out on the gorgeous Mind: Path to Thalamus then.

Yo! Yes, I've missed basically 1 week worth of everything because my operator decided that in my house there I could get Edge only (and Edge on a Nexus 5 = no connection at all except work-related texts :/ ) - while my girlfriend's operator was a full fledged 4G, and this thing sort of made me like super mad, because while she was checking Facebook and stuff, I was like READING A BOOK or petting the cat or anyway, some sort of boring 90s thing. :'(

(Btw, tomorrow, as soon as it gets a proper store page, I'm gonna wishlist it for sure! :)

Welcome back Copons.
I missed your avatar.

And she missed being featured here too!

Yo! Yes, I've missed basically 1 week worth of everything because my operator decided that in my house there I could get Edge only (and Edge on a Nexus 5 = no connection at all except work-related texts :/ ) - while my girlfriend's operator was a full fledged 4G, and this thing sort of made me like super mad, because while she was checking Facebook and stuff, I was like READING A BOOK or petting the cat or anyway, some sort of boring 90s thing. :'(

Hey...books are cool : /

Enco

My GOTY games so far (only completed Wolfenstein):

1. Wolfenstein: TNO
2. Transistor
3. MGR: Revengeance

Transistor is so cool. Like wow cool. LOVE the combat. Just realised how many options there are for the abilities. So much fun pick and mixing. It's a really fun, smart and relaxing game.

Revengeance is pretty awesome too. Makes you feel like a badass.

Wolfenstein I've posted about numerous times. Just great.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
:lol Took a chance to get a foil card by buying Eversion booster pack, it failed miserably, of course.

Dr Dogg

Yeah, foils are pretty clearly a different beast than regular cards. There's tons of people who will, apparently, craft a regular badge for pretty much any game, but with foils the price is high enough that it has to be a game people actually like and care about.

Like my Stacking foil sold, and my Deus Ex: The Fall one has a chance since it's Deus Ex, but this Shad'O foil will still be sitting in my inventory when I die of old age.

Since the introduction of Buy/Sell orders I've found it easier to price foils to a level that isn't speculating too high and isn't there to undercut someone else by a large margin. I've had a look at the price history patterns and go for a price that seems fair and wait it out. Sold 2 for more than what the price Steam was quoting for the last 24 hours when I posted it and got 3 more I'm waiting on now as well so we'll see how that goes.

Oh you dum-dums! Read what you're quoting every now and then! :p

Pfft! Reading's for chumps.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
This has got to be the fiftieth time Jagged alliance 2 has gone on a weeklong deal. I may have to buy it this time. One of the greatest turn based strategies there is.

It was cheaper during the summer sale, wait and you might get a better deal.

forth usually is said problem (><)

You should stay up later so I can play when I'm not busy :|

Monster Loves You is in the wrong category, of course :/

I sort of feel bad for Stump after two people posted foils that are worth much more than the Unearthed booster pack he posted.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND I'm back!

After 1 full week of NO MOTHERFUCKING INTERNET ACCESS I sort of risked throwing my cat overboard on the ferry back to mainland, but still.

Welcome back :D

And be more considerate of that cat D:

speaking of tits, are there any good animu profile backgrounds, i'm tired of elizabeth

I recommend using Steam Card Exchange for something like that. Looking around for anime games shouldn't be too hard, plus it lets you see a preview of what the backgrounds look like.

Trails has some good backgrounds, specifically this one and this one, though the latter is way too expensive.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
So has anyone played any Hand of Fate? It looks super super interesting (great visual style, interesting mechanics, etc) but it's hard to pull the trigger at $25.

Yeah, I still own the floppy-disc PC version from way back when (beautiful case).

I was pretty young when I got it, but I remember loving it, but getting terribly stuck (this was before the internet mind you). Harder than KQ V and KQ VI iirc.

If you get more games with cards while Idle_Master is running, does it pick up those new ones, or do you have to relaunch it? It appears to be the latter, but I don't know for sure.

Anteater

I have only two questions, though.

1) Anything cool happened on GAF? Like, a new mob lynching against a new javadots? A new reviews related thing from fantomena? Shit I just discovered about Idle-Master and I'm already one of the everybodies who love it! Who's winning the giveaway race between Rhak, Sub and Shadow? Did anyone beat Dunder at Speedrunner? Why both my PC and my phone are upgrading whatever? How many veterans left the thread due to off topics?

Lots of amazing giveaways and I won Divinity Original Sin from shadownet, many others won arkham knight and shadow of mordor, quite possibly the best week ever on gaf, I'm sad you missed them

My GOTY games so far (only completed Wolfenstein):

1. Wolfenstein: TNO
2. Transistor
3. MGR: Revengeance

Transistor is so cool. Like wow cool. LOVE the combat. Just realised how many options there are for the abilities. So much fun pick and mixing. It's a really fun, smart and relaxing game.

Revengeance is pretty awesome too. Makes you feel like a badass.

Wolfenstein I've posted about numerous times. Just great.

Wolfenstein is #1 for me so far this year too, gotta get on that Transistor, looks fantastic.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
If you get more games with cards while Idle_Master is running, does it pick up those new ones, or do you have to relaunch it? It appears to be the latter, but I don't know for sure.

For now, you'll need to relaunch it. I'm working on a version that will automatically check for new games with cards after each successful idling.

Enco

Wolfenstein is #1 for me so far this year too, gotta get on that Transistor, looks fantastic.
Hell yea.

I was weary because I completely disliked Bastion but it's so much better.

edit: oh and Wolfenstein is a game better experienced blind. Trailers give away too much stuff. Seeing new locations that you weren't expecting is a great feeling.

Deadbeat

Banned
I replayed through Human Revolution again but this time I had the 2 pre order DLCs. It really didnt take long to realize the removal of the explosive packs and the auto hacking devices was clearly because of WE NEED PRE ORDER DLC. PRE ORDER NOW DURRRRRR. I mean the damn things are scattered about the game at so many locations. The game was clearly built around them. Oh and tong's kid's mission makes complete sense when you see him bail on his boat to Hong Kong at the dock yard.

You have to wonder what this game would have been like if Square ignored it for the entirety of its development. Different boss fights, better balance with augmentations, the potential other hubs discussed. What can you do I guess.
I never finished bastion. I got bored probably halfway in and stopped.

BHK3

Banned

Shadow warrior foil? What you want for that? I'm the same way with foils but it also extends to regular cards, I only craft badges for games I like. Only badge I have for a game I don't like is garrys mod, only because I've had so many cards for that game I'd have a level 50 if I could.

Edit: Ok so Shad'O is actually a game and not some odd abbreviation, nevermind. Yeah no ones ever gonna want that card lol, especially reading the reviews on the steam page. It installs freaking QUICKTIME unto your computer? Crazy

Lomax

Someone posted a ton of them in one of the July threads, it starts here and goes on for a few pages:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=122078764&highlight=#post122078764

I got a foil for Suguri yesterday that I'm hoping will actually sell but I'm kinda regretting not taking the $1.25 buy order that was up yesterday because it's gone today (though no sales show as happening, I assume they just pulled the offer). I went 90 games before I got my first foil ever (from Stealth Bastard Deluxe) and it was worth so little I just kept it.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of crazyrabbits, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys and 4 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (crazyrabbits, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ulgzbKC.png
The Samaritan Paradox (Desura) -- MB-3C8799E20D1AD1DB - Taken by Catshade. 1 entrants total.
Canyon Capers -- MB-898C719A2C73637A - Taken by darkchewie. 3 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
100% Orange Juice (Desura) -- MB-49C62F46E007F1A1
Fireburst -- MB-A184F505CD31B8BB - Taken by FiveElementNinja. 3 entrants total.
Cobi Treasure Deluxe -- MB-1453A331DFBD9DF0
Radical Roach Deluxe Edition -- MB-68D85CBC1F4F4EDA
Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams -- MB-CF0EC2D6B8FCFA9A - Taken by Bel_Air_Jeff. 5 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Koala Kids (Desura) -- MB-C79CD74C8BD729A2
100% Orange Juice -- MB-3FE641FAB93D1771 - Taken by cardinalmind. 20 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Lunar Panda Deluxe (Desura) -- MB-C14DACD7DD523189 - Taken by Pudge. 1 entrants total.

t1407188199z1.png

Hell yea.

edit: oh and Wolfenstein is a game better experienced blind. Trailers give away too much stuff. Seeing new locations that you weren't expecting is a great feeling.

Well that's good to hear, I wasn't a huge fan of Bastion either.

maneil99

I forgot your name but thank you dude-who-said-buy-cs-bravo-cases months ago. It took a while but now the price is going uuuuup. http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/730/Operation Bravo Case Only bought 20 though, should've gone all in.

That was me dumped mine months ago for 2.5~ bought them for .80/ea. When it comes to cases once they hit 50 cents for operations its always worth buying, it might take months but think of it as a guaranteed investment, there are always less and less since they stop dropping.

Jawmuncher

While I enjoyed wolfenstein I probably won't even list it on my GOTY list unless I need to fill room. It was just a decent shooter for me and that's all.

Anteater

Did anyone beat Dunder at Speedrunner? Why both my PC and my phone are upgrading whatever? How many veterans left the thread due to off topics?

2) How many waifus were posted in this thread, and were they harmed to appear here or it was their choice?

oh yeah someone beat dunder at speedrunner

don't think anyone left, shadownet has surgery today, waifu was posted once by Tizoc yesterday and there were 25 pages of backlash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom