• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
What were the Doto numbers during the International?

A reginal League playoffs quarterfinals hit 550k viewers and was wondering if that was impressive or not

Mods just come into community way less.

It's also less presented. The gaming forum is GAF's public face. Community is like a bunch of cliques whining amongst themselves. The moderators care much less about these threads. Some of the sports threads in Off Topic Community had gotten incredibly toxic for years before a single mod would wander in and make it a bloodbath of permanent bans.

Mods aren't a panopticon, they only police what they see.
Makes sense. But I also meant I feel there is much less "toxic posting" like you said here. Not complaining though, hah.

You know, I wonder why mods don't recruit regular posters in communities as spy-mods. Trying to keep threads on point as far as they can do by being regular members but then having easier "links" to mods when they see unfit stuff. Yeah, I know, very unhealthy paranoia inducing idea but hey, I am from Germany. I can't help it but come up with stuff like this.

titch

I did realize that people get a crap ton less banned for posts here than in gaming though. Maybe people here are a bit more thoughtful when posting, maybe gaming sides nature of short threads in quick succession coupled with the many more posters than just the few active here lead to a desire of standing out by being more edgy or funny?

I just dont bother posting in many threads.

Several times ive wanted to reply to something but held back as it wasn't worth risking a ban.

If anyone makes a MS Paint giveaway again I'll personally pull out their finger nails with a pair of rusty pliers.

Speaking of horrible things I'm tempted to pick up the Dragon Age Inquisition DLC while it's 'cheap' for bizarre reasons. Isn't there another DLC dropping tomorrow? Fuck off I know it's on Origin but no one goes to that thread as it smells of death.

How much is this DLC? Asking for a friend...

Well, I am just quoting his post. It's not hateful stuff or anything.
That shouldn't cause problems for me.. I think.

Yeah because quoting a post never got anyone banned before.

..Wait.

Dsyndrome

Makes sense. But I also meant I feel there is much less "toxic posting" like you said here. Not complaining though, hah.

You know, I wonder why mods don't recruit regular posters in communities as spy-mods. Trying to keep threads on point as far as they can do by being regular members but then having easier "links" to mods when they see unfit stuff. Yeah, I know, very unhealthy paranoia inducing idea but hey, I am from Germany. I can't help it but come up with stuff like this.
Stump's cool here as long as he doesn't have to play babysitter to the thread, which he shouldn't have to.

For spy-mods, you trying to make us all suspect each other? :)

For spy-mods, you trying to make us all suspect each other? :)
It+pisses+me+off+_95cb73096d25601f28c5858954eddacf.jpg

Dr Dogg

How much is this DLC? Asking for a friend...

Usually £11.99 over here but it's £8.39 for the time being so 30% off. Heard mixed reports about the quality of content provided and the new area but it's more of the same and has fair old bit of lore about Theldas (then again I'm the nerd who bought the bloody lore books so it would be right up my ally). Howlongtobeat puts it at 6 hours for the main story and about 10-12 hours to do everything.

Eh, very different situations .

Oh I know, but veggie was talking about banned while quoting someone. I was just saying it is possible.

Obviously different situations, but still possible.

Usually £11.99 over here but it's £8.39 for the time being so 30% off. Heard mixed reports about the quality of content provided and the new area but it's more of the same and has fair old bit of lore about Theldas (then again I'm the nerd who bought the bloody lore books so it would be right up my ally). Howlongtobeat puts it at 6 hours for the main story and about 10-12 hours to do everything.

hm. Wonder how much it is in Mexico Origin.

I still need to play more of the multiplayer, looks like they added a bit more content.

Anteater

I might just ask for this for Christmas and if it's good get the PC version when it hits that super discount price. Or I might just borrow it. Regardless, I will probably play this on Xbox One.

I'm not in a rush to play it, so I'll probably play it on pc, don't have money for a xb1 anyway, game looks really impressive visually though

Dr Dogg

hm. Wonder how much it is in Mexico Origin.

I still need to play more of the multiplayer, looks like they added a bit more content.

Shit I didn't think about that. Now I'm really tempted.

Certainly looks like BioWare are giving the MP similar support as they did with ME3. Only had a bit of a muck around near launch but the numbers were starting to dwindle then. Might reinstall it sometime this week and have a look see if the new content packs has pulled a crowd in as it was a blast to play.

Suck it Origin haters!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
that's great!

but what defines "quick sell?" is that the current highest price that the item is on sale for? I'm assuming that instant sell is the highest offer for the item at that time. And when and how does ES handle coming up with those prices?

Quick Sell lists the item at 1c below the the current cheapest listing on the market.

that's great!

but what defines "quick sell?" is that the current highest price that the item is on sale for? I'm assuming that instant sell is the highest offer for the item at that time. And when and how does ES handle coming up with those prices?

gonna assume 'Quick Sell" means whatever the lowest sell price is minus 1 cent so you'd then be the lowest

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
that's great!

"Quick sell" is basically the current highest price minus 1 cent (or whatever 0.01 fraction your currency supports). ES gets this value directly from the inventory page from the "Starting at" section that Valve added thanks to Enhanced Steam.

"Instant Sell" is the highest buy offer at that time, that's gathered from the market API when you click on the item. It should immediately deposit the funds in your wallet, but you're usually going to get much less. Should work out really good for games with cards in bundles and such, because the price usually tanks and if you can get in before it does this button should net you quite a bit if you can get it before it does.

MUnited83

For you.
Hey jshackles, I wonder if you can also add some features like multi-selecting items to sell and preventing the inventory from reloading each time we put something for sale ?

Dr Dogg

My work is trying to send me to Mexico the day before TPP comes out. This is unacceptable.

But think about it, you could use Origin in Mexico, without a VPN!

I've been trying to get the 1st off but fat chance of that happening. Thanks a bunch to world wide mid week releases. Might end up 'working' from home that week instead.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hey jshackles, I wonder if you can also add some features like multi-selecting items to sell and preventing the inventory from reloading each time we put something for sale ?

Anything's possible. I know a lot of people use the Inventory Helper plugin (which blocks a lot of Enhanced Steam's functionality) and that extension is actually pretty legit. I've always had the philosophy of staying away from "Me too!" features unless I have something new to add or a better way of presenting it to the user.

I've got some ideas on that though that I'm hoping turn out pretty good.

I hope Konami will put VAC on TPP, otherwise I'm prepared to be invaded by invincible cheaters with infinite health.

My first target has been selected... :3

Simple way would use VAC, because I doubt Konami will implement another anti-cheat system working on it while implementing VAC would be much, much easier. It would be even a PC only thing, since on console they don't need an anti-cheat system at all.

Your experience with console online multiplayer is apparently very limited. :lol

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
anyone want to play rocket league in a few hours?
KuGsj.gif

or are we gonna talk about why some dude got banned all night long today as well
zWVbK.gif

Momentary

Banned
Speaking of small cases, RVZ02 should be getting released out into the wild soon.

rvz02-34-2.jpg
rvz02-front.jpg
rvz02-front-1.jpg

They also have the ML08 for those looking for something a bit less gamey.

ml08-34right.jpg
ml08-front-2.jpg

Soulflarz

Banned
Was going to play F Zero GX all day, but GAF sold me a broken copy

So uh

I guess I'm using my PC. Or Rocket League on my PS4. RIP me playing that game before I go to college :x

Edit: Actually, if I contacted the seller, do I even post about that in the BST to warn about that (seeing as I already made a deal about how the disc was scratched?)
Or nope, PMs only :V
GAF help >_>

Dr Dogg

anyone want to play rocket league in a few hours?
KuGsj.gif

or are we gonna talk about why some dude got banned all night long today as well
zWVbK.gif

Yeah sod it I'm game at about 7ish (ie 2 hours time). Give spin and Salsa a shout too as the more the merrier (and less uber bots to hog all the glory)

Speaking of small cases, RVZ02 should be getting released out into the wild soon.

http://www.silverstonetek.com/raven/images/products/rvz02/rvz02-34-2.jpg[IMG][IMG]http://www.silverstonetek.com/raven/images/products/rvz02/rvz02-front.jpg[IMG][IMG]http://www.silverstonetek.com/raven/images/products/rvz02/rvz02-front-1.jpg[IMG]

They also have the ML08 for those looking for something a bit less gamey.

[IMG]http://www.silverstonetek.com/images/products/ml08/ml08-34right.jpg[IMG][IMG]http://www.silverstonetek.com/images/products/ml08/ml08-front-2.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Seeing as tall and thin form factor cases are becoming all the rage these days I've been tempted to pick up a Lian Li O Series case.
[quote][IMG]http://www.lian-li.com/tw/files/2014/10/o5s-main1.jpg
Well when they're not stupid money of course but would be a great case for a full ATX build that you can discretely have by the TV in the lounge and not stick out like a sore thumb.

put Fable Anniversary on my wishlist (not gonna bite until it's on sale again)...made the mistake of looking at the Russian price

obligatory "I miss Russian traders" post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom