• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admodieus

Going to be taking two 6 hour train rides next week. Thinking about bringing my Macbook Pro along and getting some gaming time in. Any recommendations for something that can be played mostly with a keyboard and a touchpad and isn't too intense for a mid-2014 MBP (Iris Pro)?

Terra_Ex

0HAhLMy.jpg

NOBUNAGA'S AMBITION: Sphere of Influence
If it's a sane price, I'll buy it. If it's a Koei Tecmo price (and it will be), I'll wait for the discounts.

Arthea

some nice deals this week, Fault is on sale too, unfortunately I'll have to wait, because already bought way too many games and month just started too.

I wonder why gog has Celestian Tales cheaper than steam, could it be that gog still doesn't allow regional pricing? It's not the first time I notice this.

and my dilemma is tearing me apart almost literally, to continue FFF or put it on hold to play Celestian Tales? This decision is impossible! save me, steamgaf.

Arthea

We know where Nobunaga's ambition is going, the port will be terrible, the price even more so and we don't even get cheevos! damn Kecmo, you make it really hard to like you, like almost impossible.
but all will be forgiven if I get Atelier games on steam, half decent ports, with cheevos and cards, pls.

full disclosure: I'm an intern at the publisher, Ysbryd Games
so if you have any questions, just let me know or something - I'll forward them to the devs!
Sure, sounds interesting!

We know where Nobunaga's ambition is going, the port will be terrible, the price even more so and we don't even get cheevos! damn Kecmo, you make it really hard to like you, like almost impossible.
but all will be forgiven if I get Atelier games on steam, half decent ports, with cheevos and cards, pls.

Atelier+ games at that!

Ban Puncher

You know what we need? More games based on Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

I need to experience the Yellow Turban Rebellion for the bajillionth time.

iosefe

You know what we need? More games based on Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

I need to experience the Yellow Turban Rebellion for the bajillionth time.

i've got my brothers old Part VIII ps2 disc sitting on my computer desk waiting for the day i pop it in an give it a spin

Dr Dogg

So just watching the latest Rise of the Tomb Raider vid and while there does indeed seem to be actual Tomb Raiding (and not One Trick Puzzle Rooms™) it's yet another case of Lara having to do some fancy tricks, object manipulation and then puzzle solving but just as she gets to the treasure then a bunch of dude rappel in on fast ropes. How many times has this happened in the past games? It's not that it's the same thing over and over again but she's meant to be a smart girl so why fuck about solving puzzles when all she needs is a harness and 40ft of reinforced rope and hey presto puzzles avoided. Granted be a pretty shit game but TR '13 had shit 'Tombs' so it's not exactly a long way to fall.

shockdude

Played sonic n burnout before:p

So need for speed or distance

Grid looks cool but looks to simulated
Arcade racers are my favorite genre, and there aren't enough of them on Steam. If you just want arcade then go NFSHP.
Currently playing Driver San Francisco and that's a lot of fun. There's also Ridge Racer Unbounded in the current Humble.

-25% isn't quite impulse purchase territory for me, but I'd probably reconsider if the DDE included all of the DLC instead of just a small portion of it.

It's totally worth ~$11. I would skip the DDE, though, as it's not worth double the base game (especially due to it not coming with the full soundtrack).

I'd fully recommend the base game. If you're DLC collecting, I'd just wait for the DLC to get a much steeper discount.

brah, what
I watched a stream of the entire thing by a friend with about 5 of us. Vol 1 was cute I guess but I don't think that it was my kinda thing at least not the way they were doing it, the animations were kinda creepy in a way. Not only that the plot didn't do much for me.

Also the way the edited out the sex scenes are hilarious. Speaking of said scenes those look horrible and hilarious.

I had some laughs though, it's not all bad. I just don't get the massive praise but, it's cute so eh. If I would have to rate it, I guess a 6 or something? I hate numerical scores though so I'll just say "It was cute, kind of."

At least it's better than Sakura anything.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Arcade racers are my favorite genre, and there aren't enough of them on Steam. If you just want arcade then go NFSHP.
Currently playing Driver San Francisco and that's a lot of fun. There's also Ridge Racer Unbounded in the current Humble.

How is unbounded im not fussed if its different to other ridge racers

Knurek

INTERNET ACCESS!!!
Finally!
Changing ISPs on Friday.

Putting both DA:I and W3 on hold.
Both are perfectly playable in 1080p30, but I really, really would prefer to play them in 60 fps.
Still can't afford 970, unfortunately. Maybe next month, we'll see. So, both of them (and AssCreed 4) are off the queue for now - there's enough of games I can run 1080p60 to tide me until my wallet is a bit more cash-filled.

INTERNET ACCESS!!!
Finally!
Changing ISPs on Friday.

Putting both DA:I and W3 on hold.
Both are perfectly playable in 1080p30, but I really, really would prefer to play them in 60 fps.
Still can't afford 970, unfortunately. Maybe next month, we'll see. So, both of them (and AssCreed 4) are off the queue for now - there's enough of games I can run 1080p60 to tide me until my wallet is a bit more cash-filled.

Yup, I have a bunch of those piling up, I'm just waiting for a good price on a "next-gen" type graphics card upgrade myself. I've been stockpiling amazon.com credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom