• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
You earn points when you use it to search. When you have enough, you can get gift card codes. It adds up over time.
You gotta be kidding me. Why have I never heard of that?! Would be incredibly nice to get a little bit until I find something.
Searched on Google (lol) but the page is not showing. Is it again sucks-to-be-european time? :/

derExperte

How is unbounded im not fussed if its different to other ridge racers

Divisive. Imo it's fantastic but many can't get into it and quit early on, expect a steep learning curve that rewards you later on.

You gotta be kidding me. Why have I never heard of that?! Would be incredibly nice to get a little bit until I find something.
Searched on Google (lol) but the page is not showing. Is it again sucks-to-be-european time? :/

yes

Volimar

Try searching on bing.

https://www.bing.com/rewards/

I'm not a US resident, can I still join Bing Rewards?
No, only U.S. residents (50 U.S. States and D.C.) are eligible to join Bing Rewards. Also, you can't earn or redeem credits when you're traveling outside of the US.

Sorry

Jawmuncher

For whatever reason Youtube turned into crap when they released the new player for everyone. With my 100Mbit connection I can't watch 720p videos without constant buffering. So I'm back to (illegally) downloading videos from Youtube because I can't watch them otherwise.

On that basis, Youtube doesn't work, Twitch works, so Twitch wins by default!

I find it peculiar that you would have more issues with YouTube than Twitch. Though it might just be because I'm on the opposite end. YouTube works fine for me, twitch can be a pain however.

nekopara is 5bucks

image.php

Knurek

Also, whoever posted that shitload of Binary Domain GIFs, you can feel proud that you provoked my replay of the game.

Finished it back in 2013 IIRC, had a way weaker GPU then and during some of the bossfights framerate plummeted. Let's see how 750 TI handles the game at max setting.

Poor veggie... nobody remembers him. :3

In my defense I was browsing SteamGAF on mobile, so didn't really pay attention to whoever was posting what. :)

Also, whoever posted that shitload of Binary Domain GIFs, you can feel proud that you provoked my replay of the game.

Finished it back in 2013 IIRC, had a way weaker GPU then and during some of the bossfights framerate plummeted. Let's see how 750 TI handles the game at max setting.

Poor veggie... nobody remembers him. :3

Buy Nekopara, ya'll.

But it's not an entry in the Sakura series.

def sim

I can't believe I've never heard of this. How long does it take to get anything substantial?

It's 475 credits for a $5 amazon gift card code. You earn ~26 credits a day through searches on desktop and mobile. So, short of three weeks. You can have up to 5 accounts, IIRC.

Wok

Steam registry sites have been around since early 2012.

~February 2012: CDR DB
~March 2012: CDR Parser, the progenitor of...
~December 2012: Steam Apps Database, which was renamed...
~March 2013: SteamDB

I know I'm missing one.

Edit: I'm thinking of Steam Schema, which also went live ~March 2013 but just scanned apps for achievements.

I am on GAF since the end 2011, and I have been lurking without any account during since maybe September 2011. Nabs and Stallion were the registry for me.

For whatever reason Youtube turned into crap when they released the new player for everyone. With my 100Mbit connection I can't watch 720p videos without constant buffering. So I'm back to (illegally) downloading videos from Youtube because I can't watch them otherwise.

Same here. Youtube is a pain and I almost rather any video site that youtube.

donny2112

Yeah, the limited buffering in Youtube vids stinks. Way too many stutters on what shouldn't be difficult to play videos for me. Not 100Mb for me, but should be move than enough to competently stream videos. End up manually turning down the resolution to get it to go better.

Finished Galak-Z on PS4 today and wanted to give some quick impressions.

- Really really great game with fantastic controls. It's one of the most difficult and rewarding games I've played in a while and you should definitely consider getting it if that sounds appealing to you. It's a rogue-lite so you WILL die and you WILL lose all your stuff so if you hate that don't bother.
- Don't expect 80's mecha anime. It really doesn't have anything to do with that except for the fact that youre a fighter jet that can transform into a mech. The characters, the humor and the writing in general are very bad and take zero inspiration from anime of that time. It's like watching a shitty, barely animated webcomic. Thankfully there's very little of it and it's easy to ignore.
- Be happy that the game comes out later on Steam, because it's super unfinished on PS4 right now and obviously pushed out to be part of the PLAY promotion on PSN. It has framerate problems, stuttering related to loading/streaming and tons of other bugs that any form of basic QA testing should have eliminated. Not to mention the last "season" doesn't even exist yet.

But even with all of those issues it's a fantastic game that'll probably even better on PC when it's actually finished

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

- Really really great game with fantastic controls. It's one of the most difficult and rewarding games I've played in a while and you should definitely consider getting it if that sounds appealing to you. It's a rogue-lite so you WILL die and you WILL lose all your stuff so if you hate that don't bother.
- Don't expect 80's mecha anime. It really doesn't have anything to do with that except for the fact that youre a fighter jet that can transform into a mech. The characters, the humor and the writing in general are very bad and take zero inspiration from anime of that time. It's like watching a shitty, barely animated webcomic.
- Be happy that the game comes out later on Steam, because it's super unfinished on PS4 right now and obviously pushed out to be part of the PLAY promotion on PSN. It has framerate problems, stuttering related to loading/streaming and tons of other bugs that any form of basic QA testing should have eliminated. Not to mention the last "season" doesn't even exist yet.

But even with all of those issues it's a fantastic game that'll probably even better on PC.

Shame about the writing, I was hoping for some quality 80s anime cheese to go along with the style. Otherwise, can't wait for it to hit Steam in a few months!

I see bernardo is working that supply demand angle and the MGSV keys are now going for $40. Don't blame him for the hussle but I'll be damned if i pay that much for MGSV right now.

Jawmuncher

I see bernardo is working that supply demand angle and the MGSV keys are now going for $40. Don't blame him for the hussle but I'll be damned if i pay that much for MGSV right now.

Makes sense. He was selling them cheaper than anywhere else I could find.

----

Since we're back on MGSV, I really hope that the story that's there really pushes the darker material Kojima has been touting for so long. I want the grittiness of MGS1 & 3 multiplied.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me

DNS issue? Or isp throttling?

Shame about the writing, I was hoping for some quality 80s anime cheese to go along with the style. Otherwise, can't wait for it to hit Steam in a few months!

Yeah nothing at all sadly. It really made me dislike the game in the beginning but after a while it's easy to ignore and you're too busy doing cool robot stuff.

god dammit, i don't care, IM FINISHING WITCHER 3 THIS WEEK, EVEN IF I GET THE BAD ENDING CAUSE I DIDN'T DO THE COMPANION SIDE QUESTS!! :mad: i mean im going to do some of them but I'll be timing myself to make sure i finish this week. Only got 2 weeks before i go back to school

word, I'll pass.

Teppic

- Don't expect 80's mecha anime. It really doesn't have anything to do with that except for the fact that youre a fighter jet that can transform into a mech. The characters, the humor and the writing in general are very bad and take zero inspiration from anime of that time. It's like watching a shitty, barely animated webcomic.

But even with all of those issues it's a fantastic game that'll probably even better on PC.
It might seem silly, but the bad characters and story is sort of a deal breaker for me. I'd rather have no story than a bad one.

MUnited83

For you.
Its more of a sanity mantaining measure more than anything :p. Getting +50pms a day SAS getting stressful.

Jawmuncher

god dammit, i don't care, IM FINISHING WITCHER 3 THIS WEEK, EVEN IF I GET THE BAD ENDING CAUSE I DIDN'T DO THE COMPANION SIDE QUESTS!! :mad: i mean im going to do some of them but I'll be timing myself to make sure i finish this week. Only got 2 weeks before i go back to school

word, I'll pass.
You already sent your money, doubt he's gonna request 5 more dollars from you.
I think it will. I think the game will still have those funny elements like fultoning goats etc. simply because Kojima likes to remember to players that is still a game, but the dark material will be here. I mean,
the bomb and Paz's rape in GZ were already a good indication of this.
Indeed. I don't mind the humor. Another example is the "snake you stink". I like that stuff along with what I said.

It might seem silly, but the bad characters and story is sort of a deal breaker for me. I'd rather have no story than a bad one.

I thought so at first, but after the first few levels there's only very very little dialogue and it's easy to ignore or skip. It's strange that it's in the game at all because it feels like such an afterthought. You can barely call it a "story"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom