• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its more of a sanity mantaining measure more than anything :p. Getting +50pms a day SAS getting stressful.

hey, like i said I don't blame the hussle, more that market demands make selling it at $40 a reasonable thing right now. No hatin', I respect the business.

Now, let me know when you'll take $35 in Steam credit and I'll make something happen hah

im conflicted

cats are pretty close to foxes

but u know

not foxes

aren't dogs closer to foxes, which are also canidae
comeon.png

Nzyme32

They think that of Early Access, because that is what Early Access Games are. They are dubious products that are yet to be completed and under experimentation during development (or not as some of the misleading titles go).

Hitman is no different. It is an incomplete product. If they wanted to sell the game in "completed" episodes, they should sell it like an episodic title, with the base game and initial episode with the full determined number and size explained and provided as a season pass. From the sounds of things Hitman is not going to have all it's missions or features at launch and no real outline for when that content will drop

They think that of Early Access, because that is what Early Access Games are. They are dubious products that are yet to be completed and under experimentation during development (or not as some of the misleading titles go).

Hitman is no different. It is an incomplete product. If they wanted to sell the game in "completed" episodes, they should sell it like an episodic title, with the base game and initial episode with the full determined number and size explained and provided as a season pass. From the sounds of things Hitman is not going to have all it's missions or features at launch and no real outline for when that content will drop
I get the sense that they don't know what the hell they want to do with that game. The messaging on it has been terrible. Are they still trying to sell a $60 disc version of this game?

MUnited83

For you.
I get the sense that they don't know what the hell they want to do with that game. The messaging on it has been terrible. Are they still trying to sell a $60 disc version of this game?
Messaging has been just fine. People somehow keep ln asking the same questiona that were already awswered months ago.
60$ disc version will only be released when the game is complete .

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Hmm, latest sale has RaidersSphere4th. A game that is described as a less refined Ace Combat in reviews.

Has anyone picked it up and can tell me how accurate of a statement that is?

Messaging has been just fine. People somehow keep ln asking the same questiona that were already awswered months ago.
60$ disc version will only be released when the game is complete .

see, last i heard they were plans to release a $60 disc this fall and that they were going to keep adding content to it, as if the disc was basically a paid sample that they were going to build off of. And i'm on gaf throughout the work day, so if the message isn't coming clear to me then i cant imagine others outside of gaf are getting it.

MUnited83

For you.
see, last i heard they were plans to release a $60 disc this fall and that they were going to keep adding content to it, as if the disc was basically a paid sample that they were going to build off of.
This was literally never the case. Ever. what is getting released is a digital version, on December.

Poor veggie... nobody remembers him. :3
One day I will be banned and no one will remember a thing.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Anime shit scribbled hastily on sheets of MS Paint. I watched xxx-nekopara-streams and gaf-eyes glitter in the dark near monitors.
All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.
Everything good is :(

And even when it's Europe, Finland is usually excluded.
Tell me about it. Was so excited when I first learned about Amzon Mechanical Turk. Was about to sign up when I read FAQs and saw that only US and Indian citizens get paid.

I mean Europe getting the shaft sucks but you in your third-world Scandinavia? That's to be expected.
I see bernardo is working that supply demand angle and the MGSV keys are now going for $40. Don't blame him for the hussle but I'll be damned if i pay that much for MGSV right now.
He upped the price? Can't blame him. Capitalist world. All about the green. Sadly.

Nzyme32

It seems more like Square Enix isn't sure how well it will do or whether people are interested enough in it to sell enough to be viable for them. They are being so tentative with it and likely haven't invested enough or provided the resources to get it out as a full game. However, they are sure happy to sell you the game first and then go from there.

gurm3n

Neo Member
Fuck it, purchased 970.

I mean, honestly, fuck it. Pretty much my last chance to spend anything on computer.

I'm thinking about purchasing the same video card. Do you recommend it? It seems pretty powerful and at a nice price. Which vendor did you get?

Knurek

I'm thinking about purchasing the same video card. Do you recommend it? It seems pretty powerful and at a nice price. Which vendor did you get?

We'll see in 3-4 days if I can recommend it.
I got a Gigabyte Mini-ITX version, pretty much the only one that can fit in my case. We'll see if my puny CX 430m PSU can handle the drawn power (I should be okay according to my calculations, but we'll see).

I'm still leery of a 970 solely because of the 3.5gb of VRAM.

FTFY
Also, not an issue for me - planning on sticking with 1080p60 for the next few years. Should be enough to handle that.

zkylon

zkylewd
just heard about mafia 3 on the giantbeastcast, that trailer sounded awesome, why didn't anyone tell me

it's super racist of me but whenever the protagonist of a game isn't a white american dude my interest is like piqued like a million percent

Flying rats are not awesome. It is known.
well i saw like the first rat of my life like a month ago and that thing was freaky as shit

pidgeons are funny and cute, they're nowhere near close to that gross monster

although they're scary when they fly near my face, as are most things that go near my face

well i saw like the first rat of my life like a month ago and that thing was freaky as shit

pidgeons are funny and cute, they're nowhere near close to that gross monster

although they're scary when they fly near my face, as are most things that go near my face

Lol.

In all seriousness though, a bird once literally flew directly into my face while i was outside of a sub shop, eating fries. So yeah, fuck birds.

I don't know , first time seeing the game , while opening the page and i had a WTH moment to it .

Ahh. It's always been part of the game, which i love. Have played it since before stream version (xbox indie) and have modbotted away a copy or two. Highly recommended, especially local multi.

Heh, my phone changed it to Giggly recommended.

Lain

see, last i heard they were plans to release a $60 disc this fall and that they were going to keep adding content to it, as if the disc was basically a paid sample that they were going to build off of. And i'm on gaf throughout the work day, so if the message isn't coming clear to me then i cant imagine others outside of gaf are getting it.

I dunno, I don't particularly follow the game, as in I only entered a couple threads and read a couple pages about the game, and I know that they said the game would only release digitally to begin with as they add stuff to it and once everything is out they'd put out a physical release.

Watched the Tomb Raider Gamescom demo. Having played a bit of the first one (and being bored by it), this didn't do anything for me either. The Uncharted-esque conceit of having the climbing sections break apart around you to force you to move faster, a heavy reliance on cheap jump scares and cutscenes interrupting every 30 seconds, and Lara talking to herself about everything (she even talks out loud to herself in a cutscene) all distract from the level itself, which is actually quite decent and finally gives more tomb-raiding.

Doubt I'll pick this up on PC, but those are my thoughts.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Where are the MGSV Ground Zeroes mods located?

Custom music tapes are all you need.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=364941272
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=400150988

EDIT:

XSEED are asking fans which game they'd like to see their next blog post be dedicated to. I asked about SC or Corpse Party, if only so they could clarify some of the development frustrations in a more official way than some posts on their forums.

Jawmuncher

Custom music tapes are all you need.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=364941272
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=400150988

EDIT:

XSEED are asking fans which game they'd like to see their next blog post be dedicated to. I asked about SC or Corpse Party, if only so they could clarify some of the development frustrations in a more official way than some posts on their forums.

Finally I can play the He-Man version of What's Up while sneaking around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom