• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
have you started building your fortress?

the real suikoden doesn't begin until you start building your fortress

I haven't. I'm going to push on until fortress time and see what happens

I was under the impression that the sequel was the one regarded as a classic

You might be right, I have that one too, will give it a shot afterwards and see if it stands out from the original

ExoSoul

Banned
vxXhVCF.jpg

XCOM® 2

Yeah!!!

My internet service isnt working ._. Guessing the major rain had something to do with it, but like, fios isnt satellite so it shouldnt be having these issues. Got a guy from the company over here atm, hope it can be fixed, im assuming that the box for the service got soaked or something, but if thats the case why wasnt the box installed in the apartment? >_>

JustLynx

Shantom

I'm annoyed that One Way Heriocs Plus is releasing on Steam the same day as Type 0. It's been out on Playism for months already so they could've picked any day they wanted on Steam, and they choose to go up against a Final Fantasy. Way to sabotage yourself. I guess I'll wait for the first sale now.

Arthea

Playing Suikoden on my Vita, a couple of hours in, and I really don't understand why it is considered such a classic by jrpg fans yet. It feels like a pretty standard mid-90s squeenix game, but with crazy easy encounters so far.

Any Suikoden fans want to win me over?

The first game is easiest by far and it is an old game, you wouldn't expect something elaborate from it, I hope. What could win you over are not fans but you investing in a game in a way that no other game requires, read everything about characters, world, politics, wars, not just skip through text, read it, if by the end of a game you won't love it, there is still Suikoden 2 to win you over, but you have to invest into first a lot for that to happen, be patient, it's worth every minute of your life, especially as first one is so short.
More important thing to know about Suikoden, that it's not like other games, if you want combat challenge or endless dungeons, you can forget Suikoden, because it being what it is, with so many playable characters, leveling and combat usually is an easy part of series, the hard part is finding all stars of destiny (even if you tempted to use guides, please don't) and getting perfect ending, the fun is in employing so many gameplay mechanics and greatness of Suikoden lies in the world, lore and characters and non conventionalness of series.

sorry for OT, but I couldn't leave it unanswered.

edited: when I said no other games requires such treatment, I wasn't fair, just Suikoden requires it more. You even recruit characters by talking, so it is of utmost importance.

Things are only a spoiler when you point out they're a spoiler. Especially considering some of us can now imply what you mean if we haven't even gotten to the game yet :V Either you meant they're separated or one dies, but either way~

I actually was going to call him out on that but I figured it would be best to just let it die.
Don't dwell on it, the ending will surprise you.

PaulLFC

I'm fairly certain the developer is imposing an arbitrary cut-off period. Most recently, Chubigans pledged to give Steam keys to existing owners of The Oil Blue, which were never promised since he hadn't planned on releasing the game on Steam any time soon and many if not most purchases will be years old.
Thanks, that's what I thought. I'll hold off on a purchase then unless the dev can clarify why Valve would be preventing him generating keys for his game.

Dr Dogg

MUnited83

For you.
I just saw the anime sale on Steam.

I somewhat expected this thread to be on fire.
It was already live yesterday and it's even on the weeklong deals pool, so yeah... :p

Many of the games were bundled at this point and the unbundled interesting ones aren't discounted enough

Dr Dogg

I don't see anything that confirms it won't be delayed though.

I don't see anything to suggest it will. They've said November, been showing it off to various press outlet and now have a store page up on Steam. A game about to be delayed is shown off behind closed doors if at all, has no store presence and usually carries the wiff of something rotten in Denmark about it.

Caerith

I don't see anything that confirms it won't be delayed though.

Confirmation that something won't be delayed is like the theological proof that something doesn't exist. XCOM 2 was only announced relatively recently, and they've shown a lot of it and shown it consistently since then, suggesting that they've been working on it and only announced it once it was ready to go. Also it's not like they had to build it from the ground up.

zkylon

zkylewd
I mean opinions and what not but, I don't think it looks great but then again.
have u seen the game recently

it's fucking beautiful

What were you running LoL before you got that card Zky?
i duno, whatever onboard videocard i had

it ran pretty well, wonky 50-60 fps most of the time but like dropped to 30-40 in base and in teamfights

How did league change much with the upgrade, thought league was made for shitty computers so that more people could play it.

low settings to very high settings make a huge difference

45 fps to 60 fps too

tho my mousewheel is broken so i can't really zoom in LOL

Arthea

It was already live yesterday and it's even on the weeklong deals pool, so yeah... :p

Many of the games were bundled at this point and the unbundled interesting ones aren't discounted enough

IDK, I'm very tempted by Fault (I think it's lowest it has ever been) and even would be considering Nekopara (still not sure I'd like it), because price is good.
I have most games on that sale, tho, but from those I don't have some have nice discounts.

Jawmuncher

I don't see anything to suggest it will. They've said November, been showing it off to various press outlet and now have a store page up on Steam. A game about to be delayed is shown off behind closed doors if at all, has no store presence and usually carries the wiff of something rotten in Denmark about it.

Confirmation that something won't be delayed is like the theological proof that something doesn't exist. XCOM 2 was only announced relatively recently, and they've shown a lot of it and shown it consistently since then, suggesting that they've been working on it and only announced it once it was ready to go. Also it's not like they had to build it from the ground up.
I guess we shall see. I just have a gut feeling about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom