• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

pahamrick

Alright, fess up. Which one of you posted this?

nJWH8oK.png

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Humble additions
  • Star Trek
  • Beware Planet Earth

Whilst Star Trek as a game is pretty average/mediocre me and a mate of mine still had fun with it in coop. The thing that surprised us the most was how enjoyable the performances were, Spock and Kirk bounced off each other really well and it felt like they actually gave a shit. Kinda surprising for movie actors tbh when voicing a movie game.

Caerith

he's been on a decline pretty much since, what, Sweeney Todd? and even at that point he was hit or miss.
He's been on a decline since Pee-Wee's Big Adventure, just it wasn't so noticeable at first.

you got it

also wtf lol

Yeah. Eww.

What's the difference between the internet and a sewer? One's a series of tubes full of all the refuse of society and the occasional CHUD, and the other is a sewer.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
well that's setting a low bar hah.

how does it compare to gaf's current TPS of the moment, Binary Domain?

Way below. I consider Binary Domain to be a genuinely fantastic shooter which got criminally overlooked/underappreciated by many people.

Star Trek (and Inversion) are very pleasant games to spend an afternoon with with friends and whilst being nothing special are completely inoffensive as well. Decent enough timewasters basically but non essential.

Maniac

Banned
I've never felt this appreciated in my entire life; my mate baked me a cake. He baked me a fucking cake.

A cake.

And thanks for the greetings and whatnot. Had a surprisingly good day; my past few birthdays have all been awful and depressing, and whilst I'm still a depressed git, I had a good bit of fun today.

Hope you're all having a great week and all that jazz!
Warhammer lore is epic, it's insanely rich, very well written, creative, dark and disturbing. Each faction has its own codex detailing it's lore, history, and rules.

There will never be a video game that depicts the Warhammer universe as it's written, unless it's some sort of a survival horror that's banned in most countries.

I reckon something in the scope of The Witcher 3 could be amazing for WH. Although then you'd have to decide between 40K and... 'Fantasy' WH, both of which could do with a fantastic openworld RPG to do them justice. Hell, they could do with a fantastic RPG for every single species in the lore. And we're lucky if we ever get one such game.
The first dev that makes a game centred around emotes and emoji and then has a fuckton of them as addon DLC to make Train Sim weep is going to make Stump very, very broke.

Now then do I tempt fate and update The Witcher III to 1.08 and screw up my game until another patch or do I dive back into Dragon Age Inquisition and its new DLC offerings? I predict a bad time with both :(

The Witcher is great, and 1.08 is a sodding great patch in my experience.

Dragon Age: Inquisition is a terrible game in almost every single way. I reckon you'll have a much better time with The Witcher unless you're an absolutely terrible human being.

la mulana is a cool first half of a game. ppl should really play that first half.

are there any other interesting games in the sale? can't see, at work ;_;

Which sale?

Edit: Ah, the doujin one. There's D4 at 25% discount, which may not be tempting for most at that price.

zkylon

zkylewd
I've never felt this appreciated in my entire life; my mate baked me a cake. He baked me a fucking cake.

A cake.

And thanks for the greetings and whatnot. Had a surprisingly good day; my past few birthdays have all been awful and depressing, and whilst I'm still a depressed git, I had a good bit of fun today.

Hope you're all having a great week and all that jazz!

ohh nice, didn't know it was ur birthday. happy bday friend

also surprise-birthday-getting-cooked-for is the best, i've had that luck a few times in my life and it's like mako tears land

Which sale?

Edit: Ah, the doujin one. There's D4 at 25% discount, which may not be tempting for most at that price.
that's it?

pass

It's my birthday, so to celebrate another milestone towards death, I'm giving away a very fitting game. Enjoy and whatnot.
HIP HURRAH!
Happy birthday
you
maniac :)
The last 50 posts have dramatically changed the tone of this thread.
It's the little girl stuff isn't it.
Of course as the release of MGSV draws near my PC dies.

Hell i think the RMA period also recently expired, and i bought that specific brand of mobo because it had RMA in my country. Damn it all.
Aw, man. Sorry to hear. Can only imagine how that must suck. I remember you being from Argentina, so prices are pretty high there as well. Best of success getting repairs done.
feeling kind of bad today

might go home from work and play video games.
Hope you'll feel better tomorrow. Another day, another chance.
Gaming can sure help but sometimes watching goofy, stupid movies can also help a lot.
I love playing ranked matches in Rocket League, ...

If you don't own this game then you are doing it wrong.
What can I say? I'm an outlaw :3
The later. After talking with a few folks I know at Valve (and a few that have since left) it seems that they ultimately don't care. Further evidenced by the fact that the Inventory Helper extension now has a more active userbase than Enhanced Steam does.

Also - I've decided that I'm completely giving up on the idea of working at Valve. So while I would have been more cautious in the past to stay in their good graces, I've decided that I really could care less about that. Valve just wouldn't be a good fit for me, so I'm just moving on to doing my own thing and not letting that hold me back from making Enhanced Steam as good as it can be.
I am usually not good with words, so sorry in advance for any mishaps. It's never a pleasant sight to see someone changing or loosing their hopes or dreams but the most thrilling, exciting and pleasant things in life can happen without being planned or by going a way not once originally intended to be wandered.
I truly wish you the best not only in your professional but also private life. An incredibly talented and maybe even more importantly enthusiastic and initiative taking person like you will find a great and fitting work place. Sounds cliche and maybe naive but only because I am not sure of it. But that I want to believe in it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
said a few days ago I hoped to get King's Quest soon..and today is that day

jshackles will be pleased

original.gif

Also - I just finished game 43 of 2015! Thanks again to Se7enSword for Ys VI - it's a really great entry in the series and a super solid action-rpg.

And Star Trek being in the Humble Extras: this game is actually pretty legit guys. If you like Star Trek you should give it a whirl.

I'm just going to go to you when I need game recommendations, probably going to download this tomorrow.
First Binary Domain, now Space Marine. You are on fire lately with playing awesome games and posting amazing .gifs.
Hah, you guys are being too nice. I am all fluttered by your kind words.
Warhammer lore is epic, it's insanely rich, very well written, creative, dark and disturbing. Each faction has its own codex detailing it's lore, history, and rules.
Space Marine is my first contact with the Warhammer universe and as you say, I get the feeling there is a lot of lore and I am just thrown into it. People calling me "Lord" instead of usual military nomenclature, treating me like some sort of divinity, saying "leftenant" instead of "lieutenant". I am liking the gothic artstyle of the space ships and generally the artstyle and atmosphere. The turn-based games are not doing much for me though, so I am interested about Total Warhammer and the Space Marine FPS.
There will never be a video game that depicts the Warhammer universe as it's written, unless it's some sort of a survival horror that's banned in most countries.
now this sounds really interesting..
this is one of the games I have on my wishlist as a "$5 and I would jump on it" game...seems like my only chance for that is from other stores since I think the lowest it's been on Steam was like $7.50

I did try to get it through a giveaway in one of these Steam threads a while back but someone else got it
Test your chances!
Warhammer 40K: Space Marine -- MB-2FDBEE1E09FC6D96 - Taken by Nyteshade517
~checks Space Marine raffle~

It was meant to be!

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Took a while, but finally Level 30 on Steam. Not sure why I wanted to get that since I no longer really need more slots for friends, but oh well.

As an aside. This email confirmation is tiresome when trying to work with Trashbot and I just want to get rid of a dozen coupons.

Maniac

Banned
ohh nice, didn't know it was ur birthday. happy bday friend

also surprise-birthday-getting-cooked-for is the best, i've had that luck a few times in my life and it's like mako tears land

Cheers. And I agree, it's... Kind of an amazing thing. I can't remember the last time anyone bothered baking me a cake. It made me feel so special.
What kind?

Honestly not quite sure what it's called in english.

A... Layer cake, maybe? Basically the dude baked the lovely soft, spongey bottom & 'sandwhich' layers and whipped up some cake cream, whipped cream and stuff like that.

It was really fucking tasty and had 20 sodding candles on it.

HzpfBw3.png

It's happeniiiiiing!

faux-edit; realised I forgot to cut out the other two. Well, behold my collection! WITNESS ME!
Happy birthday
you
maniac :)

<
/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom