• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just weird that I even get it with wow at lowest settings while at highest it's a locked 60 with vsync.

Tearing occurs when your framerate either can't match or exceeds your refresh rate (I don't know why I didn't say that before, haha). The reason vsync impacts performance is that if have, say, a 60Hz monitor and 60fps can't be maintained then the framerate is forcibly dropped to a figure that divides evenly into 60 so the frames are still rendered evenly -- 60fps becomes 30fps (60/2), then 20fps (60/3), and so on. Triple buffering doesn't have this limitation, which is why it's ideal. G-Sync/FreeSync rid tearing by automagically adjusting the refresh rate on-the-fly to match the game's framerate (with the actual refresh rate of the monitor being the cap), so there's never a moment where the two are at odds.

Grief.exe

This Thief 2 game is pretty good :p

Old definitely and the AI is super spotty, but pretty fun so far. Levels aren't anywhere near as obtuse as the first game yet, and the map is such an improvement!

Consistently hear that Thief II is the best game in the series.

Browsing the PC Gaming Wiki, it seems like it holds up well on modern OS with community patches for high resolution, FOV, and framerate. Are you using any of the texture, model, or graphical mods?

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Thief_II:_The_Metal_Age

AHA-Lambda

Consistently hear that Thief II is the best game in the series.

Browsing the PC Gaming Wiki, it seems like it holds up well on modern OS with community patches for high resolution, FOV, and framerate. Are you using any of the texture, model, or graphical mods?

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Thief_II:_The_Metal_Age

The only thing I've only installed the latest version of T2Tool, providing some fixes and allowing modern resolution support.

I'm also playing it on W10, so I can confirm it works fine there.
Literally, the only thing I've noticed is that after exiting the map, sometimes it slows down for a couple seconds.

0a3b.jpg

Probably some more insight into the hell that porting/localizing this game is.
Don't expect a release date or anything like that, they asked fans which game the next blog entry should be about and SC won.
Probably, but i'd rather hear something different.

Yeah, i'm not expecting a release date announcement, and I know. I tweeted for SC. :p

Soulflarz

Banned
Given how the first chapter ended, isn't that image a spoiler?

Things are only a spoiler when you point out they're a spoiler. Especially considering some of us can now imply what you mean if we haven't even gotten to the game yet :V Either you meant they're separated or one dies, but either way~

Turfster

I just installed that earlier today and it worked fine for me, thankfully. Windows 10 has been rubbing me the wrong way I kind of wish I didn't upgrade so soon.

I'm keeping my win7 and win8 media around to go back in case they fucking start gouging us for everything "because it's a service", like I'm sure they will.

Daily LEGO Hobbit 75% off
Midweek
  • Left 4 Dead 2 75% off
  • Doujin sale
Humble Midweek Farm Overload, for all your farming simulator needs

Lomax

Just seen Volume's price get announced

http://steamcommunity.com/app/365770/discussions/0/537402115097320602/

Eurgh, bit more than I thought it'd be =s

$20 is the new $15. Seems like a lot of devs are getting smarter and realizing that the people who would buy at $15 will probably buy at $20, and the people who won't buy until 75% off will buy at $5 just as easily as at $3.74. What's funny though is half the time they still end up bundling their games before they ever hit 75% off.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Playing Suikoden on my Vita, a couple of hours in, and I really don't understand why it is considered such a classic by jrpg fans yet. It feels like a pretty standard mid-90s squeenix game, but with crazy easy encounters so far.

Any Suikoden fans want to win me over?

Volimar

GIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMME

Btw, the long war mod for EW is no joke. The first mission all my people died and I realized I had to actually be careful. Tough game but I love the extra options throughout.

Playing Suikoden on my Vita, a couple of hours in, and I really don't understand why it is considered such a classic by jrpg fans yet. It feels like a pretty standard mid-90s squeenix game, but with crazy easy encounters so far.

have you started building your fortress?

the real suikoden doesn't begin until you start building your fortress

Shantom

I was under the impression that the sequel was the one regarded as a classic

I just saw the anime sale on Steam.

I somewhat expected this thread to be on fire.

It's a doujin sale with poor discounts and the biggest doujin game on Steam (Recettear) missing. Plus, it started yesterday. I'm not surprised there's a lack of excitement.

Tizoc

The 2nd game is generally far better but it's the story in these games that gave it such high regard. If you can power through it you should be able to start 2 afterwards which greatly improves over 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom