• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
her story is crashing when i launch it

dang

has this happened to anyone? i get like a crash dump at the game's folder but doesn't say much

Elija2

Anyone here whose played Gurumin and had a janky framerate? I'm not talking about the framerate being locked at 30, but it doesn't seem like a smooth 30 which makes it a bit harder to do attacks in time with the music. My laptop shouldn't have a problem keeping a solid 30fps in a decade-old game!

KingKong

If you're thinking of buying Thi4f, don't bother. It sucks. Thief 3 is pretty good though (of course 1 and 2 are classics)

Not steam related but I have to share.

I was cleaning out my storage unit so I can stop paying the $180 a month.

NzGTECB.jpg

When I discovered:

jRblEpt.jpg

Forgot I bought this! Also found a computer dvd drive. I just have to install the drive so I can install the game. Don't see a steam logo on it so I doubt I can activate it on there.
/edit: Just tried it, didn't recognize. I feel like I'm installing a floppy drive on my computer. Disc? How quaint.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Forgot I bought this! Also found a computer dvd drive. I just have to install the drive so I can install the game. Don't see a steam logo on it so I doubt I can activate it on there.

It won't activate on Steam (I have the same version) but it's still a pretty awesome game!

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
If you're thinking of buying Thi4f, don't bother. It sucks. Thief 3 is pretty good though (of course 1 and 2 are classics)

and if you don't listen to this man, don't get this from steam!

It's $2 from nuuvem use a vpn to see the deal!

If you're buying a shit game don't buy it for $7,5 when it's cheaper on other places.

Tizoc

Come on MusouGAF, where's the hype?
header.jpg

Game's gonna have a slick selection of playable characters-
Fujitora
Hawkeye
Buggy da gawd
Crocodile
Rob 'Pigeon Pimp' Lucci
Marco

Tizoc

Tembo the badass elephant is $6 on Nuuvem

kinda tempted. seems game came out fine and I love Gamefreak

was the game fixed? it had some issues when it came out

I didn't encounter any issues on my end so far. You can change the control settings in Options, and otherwise it's all a matter of knowing what action to do when moving around so you don't take too much damage and not miss out on civilians or enemies.

Grab it now if you want to wreck shit as a badass Elephant in a 2D action platformer game.

Salsa

I didn't encounter any issues on my end so far. You can change the control settings in Options, and otherwise it's all a matter of knowing what action to do when moving around so you don't take too much damage and not miss out on civilians or enemies.

game apparently wouldnt even launch during the first few hours after it came out and they had to release an emergency patch sorta thing. probably refering to that

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
header.jpg

Fujitora
Hawkeye
Buggy da gawd
Crocodile
Rob 'Pigeon Pimp' Lucci
Marco

I like OP and musou, but I think I'll wait for a sale.

Koei Tecmos ports isn't good and the price point is not low enough for a purchase for me at the moment.

Tizoc

game apparently wouldnt even launch during the first few hours after it came out and they had to release an emergency patch sorta thing. probably refering to that

Aha, well I personally find that if a game on Steam doesn't launch properly on launch, just wait and give it a day and it'll be sorted out.
I mean really now, if you have a Steam account you'd have 100 other games you could play while a game gets fixed :V

That's what prompted this tweet and a few more from them earlier

Aw, that's a shame. But I guess it's to be expected. I think they might hold the record for taking the longest to finish a Kickstarter game. Not sure.

Probably, haven't you heard Star Citizen is the biggest gaming scam in history?

Wait, I thought it was Tim Schafer and Double Fine? So many people trying to steal our money. :p

Sch1sm

Steam is telling me that the key Nuuvem gave me for the Pre-Order of Act of Aggression is region locked.

https://steamdb.info/sub/73870/

Dang. Whats the best way to resolve that?

The best way will get you VAC banned, that is, using a VPN to activate the key. Hope you didn't pay too much for it.

Did Nuuvem not have the warning for region lock on the page for the item? Usually does, though there are some instances it doesn't, I suppose.

Corpekata

Banned
The best way will get you VAC banned, that is, using a VPN to activate the key. Hope you didn't pay too much for it.

Did Nuuvem not have the warning for region lock on the page for the item? Usually does, though there are some instances it doesn't, I suppose.

They don't because you can't purchase the game with there without a VPN, it doesn't even show in search, you can only find it with a direct link (and it will say unavailable) outside the regions it is locked to. They probably figured this might cut down on questions about region locking.

I thought the VAC ban thing was mostly a myth. Don't more in the know folks like JaseC say Steam mostly doesn't care that much about CD key VPNs, they just care about VPNing to purchase off their store directly?

Sch1sm

They don't because you can't purchase the game with there without a VPN, it doesn't even show in search, you can only find it with a direct link (and it will say unavailable) outside the regions it is locked to.

So then, isn't that the first warning that hey, this isn't internationally available and you shouldn't purchase?

E: And yeah, you're right, I'm misremembering. They care most about spoofing your entire location/using a VPN to access other stores to purchase at cheaper prices.

Tizoc

I like OP and musou, but I think I'll wait for a sale.

Koei Tecmos ports isn't good and the price point is not low enough for a purchase for me at the moment.

A trader is offering the game+dlc for $53 if you're interested.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Tizoc, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Contradiction -- MB-96905D09FC1A72A5 - Taken by spindoctor. 67 entrants total.

t1438534786z1.png

Miguel81

The achievement for Deathstroke(counters) gave quite a rush, and now I'll have to try the one for Shiva. About the Alfred achievement, do you only have to speak with him after boss fights or after every event that occurs? I don't want to miss it this time around.

Played 3 hours (11 total so far) of The Talos Principle tonight, and this game is getting insane, I feel like Jesus is going to come down and pick my little robutt up and take him to heaven or the matrix is going to go offline and I'll die, there's no way of knowing.

bigzgod

They don't because you can't purchase the game with there without a VPN, it doesn't even show in search, you can only find it with a direct link (and it will say unavailable) outside the regions it is locked to. They probably figured this might cut down on questions about region locking.

I thought the VAC ban thing was mostly a myth. Don't more in the know folks like JaseC say Steam mostly doesn't care that much about CD key VPNs, they just care about VPNing to purchase off their store directly?

The VAC ban is a myth, especially since it has nothing to do with game activation whatsoever.

Generally, Valve doesn't really care about using VPNs to activate cd keys. They've already lost their potential cut of revenue so there's little incentive to crack down on it, the only thing to watch for is run time activation. I still wouldn't be too blatant about it, like crisscrossing the globe in the span of 5 minutes but you're generally safe.

Do not activate gifts using a VPN and definitely do not buy games with a VPN. I'm not even sure the latter is possible, since they probably require a payment method originating from the country of purchase.

Last I checked, the crossregion tag that is auto applied from cheaper regions also creates a run time restriction on gifts anyway. I'm not sure if they ended up lifting that or not but if they didn't, then there's even less point in using a VPN to activate a gift. You'd have to keep using the VPN every time you wanted to play the game.

Dsyndrome

Played 3 hours (11 total so far) of The Talos Principle tonight, and this game is getting insane, I feel like Jesus is going to come down and pick my little robutt up and take him to heaven or the matrix is going to go offline and I'll die, there's no way of knowing.

Just don't climb the tower.

The achievement for Deathstroke(counters) gave quite a rush, and now I'll have to try the one for Shiva. About the Alfred achievement, do you only have to speak with him after boss fights or after every event that occurs? I don't want to miss it this time around.

Let's see if I remember correctly:
Just keep talking to him every chance you get when you're in the batcave.
Run through his dialogue until it goes into repeating common ones.
If you feel like you missed some previously, go to the batcave and exhaust him immediately, then do it every time thereafter, and just make sure it pops before you track Bane.

Really? I was totally going to climb the tower, I have to prove I have free will some how.

EDIT: Actually I'd rather not know if I should or not, I don't want to be spoiled.

And so would the rest of us who haven't played it .
Thanks Dsyndrome. Jerk. :p

Dsyndrome

Elohim tells you not to, what am I spoiling? :)

I haven't beaten the game by the way. For all I know, Mecha-Hitler's up there.

Lain

header.jpg

Fujitora
Hawkeye
Buggy da gawd
Crocodile
Rob 'Pigeon Pimp' Lucci
Marco

You gonna give me the 62€ to buy the full package?! Otherwise my hype will rise up when the game is 75% off! =p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom