• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
brOQ9oT.png

Just saw this. Looked up his post history but couldn't find anything.

What happened? And is it perma since he was banned recently and his avi is gone, too?

I feel you. These SteamGaf game nights really helped me in that regard. I even played Chivalry a bit on the side on myself because of that. Best thing it doesn't feel like a chore. We should do some more spontaneous game sessions here I think.
As long as the time is right, your gaming nights start 2 AM here, ugh.
What happened? And is it perma since he was banned recently and his avi is gone, too?
That's not how it works.

Arthea

I'm of the opinion that there's no point in collecting stuff if you're going to be overly selective (financial situation aside).

if one thing can be said about you, it's that you are nothing if not consistent. So... how many movies are out there roaming plains of steam?

I wish I could put my financial situation aside, btw!

I wonder why publishers like Nyumedia and Playism still need every game to be greenlit, while publishers like Sekai Project and Mangagamer dont need to do that anymore.

Is there any reason for that? I mean both release japanese games, mangagamer and Sekai Project more retail-games than doujin/indie-games, and Playism and Nyumedia more indie/doujin-games, but still find it quite strange.

I wonder why publishers like Nyumedia and Playism still need every game to be greenlit, while publishers like Sekai Project and Mangagamer dont need to do that anymore.

Is there any reason for that? I mean both release japanese games, mangagamer and Sekai Project more retail-games than doujin/indie-games, and Playism and Nyumedia more indie/doujin-games, but still find it quite strange.

It's a good question and I've been wondering it myself.

Darius Burst Chronicle Saviours (PS4/PSV/PC), out winter 2015

http://darius.jp/dbcs/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EVZAiEUgrg

Announced during a streamed performance from Taito's in-house band Zuntata. It's being produced and published by CHARA-ANI Corp., a sibsidiary of Kadokawa, in cooperation with Pyramid, developers of the previous Darius Burst games.

(that date is for Japan; no word on a western release but it's coming to PC so it seems inevitable.)

I hope it comes to Steam

I just think Nyumedia has proven themselves "worthy" enough to release their titles without using the GL-process.

They sure proved it, when greenlight launched I was under the impression that you only needed your first game approved and could release/publish other ones without the need to go through that process again.

Tizoc

Darius Burst Chronicle Saviours (PS4/PSV/PC), out winter 2015

I hope it comes to Steam

They sure proved it, when greenlight launched I was under the impression that you only needed your first game approved and could release/publish other ones without the need to go through that process again.

Long as this isn't a bullet hell I'm in. Heard a lot of good things about the Dariu series.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
if one thing can be said about you, it's that you are nothing if not consistent. So... how many movies are out there roaming plains of steam?

I wish I could put my financial situation aside, btw!

There are 51 on the store at the moment, excluding the free ones. I own all but 7 (most of them are published by Devolver and it always releases its movies at 33% off).

X and X-2 involved a Sony partecipation, in fact if you check both PS3 and PS4 version, there's the "Only on Playstation" label. This applied back in days on PS2 too. I don't know if such a deal applies to FFXII too.

Forgot about that.
Oh well, I don't see myself ever replaying FFX. Some parts are such a chore.

Lain

A trader is offering the game+dlc for USD 53 if you're interested.

Still too much for me. With that money I'll be getting Fairy Fencer F and Type-0 this month already. Actually, with less than that. Hopefully that game Arthea has somewhat pimped (Celestian Tales) can squeeze itself into it too. And then there are Satellite Reign and Submerged too.... Too much stuff to spend all that on a single game !

Pakkidis

It's getting so darn frustrating that I keep loosing internet connection frequently these days. Worst thing I have no clue what the reason is? Rebooting the router usually lead to several days of stable connection, not anymore. Restarting the browser doesn't help. De-Reactivating WiFi in network manager doesn't help either.
My WiFi card is a TP-Link TL-WN951N WLAN PCI Adapter 300 Mbit/s with a Qualcomm Atheros AR922X chip. It's only a couple months old but I am slowly thinking that is the cause. Was fairly cheap, only 20 bucks. But it has good ratings.

If your using win 8.1, this seems to be a known problem. I've had the same issue as well. However magically it fixed by itself. Here are some things you can do to see if it helps:

How to fix DNS Server Not Responding Error Normally
Open command prompt window by clicking on Run –> cmd (run with administrator privilege)

netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt This will reset the ip

type netsh winsock reset. This command will create a prompt to restart the computer, don’t restart now. This will help reset winsock settings. Although resetting winsock is not related to this error, this might be helpful in fixing other issues which can lead to this error.

type ipconfig /flushdns This will help in flushing the stored DNS cache. Restart the computer and check if the issue is fixed.

Try this step if you still have the same problem.

Do a power cycle of modem and computer. Turn off your computer and then turn off the modem and router (if present). Keep it turned off for 5mts and then restart all the devices.Check if the issue is fixed.

Revert Network Adapter Drivers

If you have recently turned up to Windows 8.1, it is informed that the Network Adapter drivers have already been updated with this major Windows update. This might be the reason of WiFi being not in a working order. The first thing you

can try is to roll back the Network Adapter drivers to an older version in the following way.

On Start screen type Device Manager and hit Enter
In the list of driver categories, expand Network adapters to view items under it
Right click the Wireless Connection and choose to Update Driver Software
In the new screen appeared, click the option Browse my computer for driver software
On the next screen, click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
On Select Network Adapter screen, you will probably find more than one device drivers listed for this hardware
Choose the one stating Manufacturer’s name instead of Microsoft and click Next
Once the installation finishes, Restart your computer to take the effect

Still if the issue is not fixed, try the steps below.

Open ncpa.cpl from Start tab. This will open network connections
right click local area connection, then click properties
Select Internet protocol version(TCP/IPv4), then click properties
Select internet protocol ,select “use the following DNS server address”
change DNS server address to global DNS value given below
Preferred 208.67.222.222
Alternate 208.67.220.220 (You can also use Google’s DNS address preferred 8.8.8.8 and alternate 8.8.4.4)
Check if issue is fixed. Changing the Preferred and Alternate error usually fix most of the cases.

Hope these help

Tizoc

Still too much for me. With that money I'll be getting Fairy Fencer F and Type-0 this month already. Actually, with less than that. Hopefully that game Arthea has somewhat pimped (Celestian Tales) can squeeze itself into it too. And then there are Satellite Reign and Submerged too.... Too much stuff to spend all that on a single game !

Fair enough mate, hope you enjoy those games =D

iosefe

I wonder if SE really will release FFXII and if it's a Sony's exclusive, how they will distribute it. But...they already shown they can sell a remastered for 70€ including a demo, so I wouldn't be suprised if they do a PS4 remastered bundling it with Episode Duscae 2 demo and going for 70€ again :p
XII remastered NEEDS to come with a Dragon Quest demo

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
People posted their categories a while back, here's mine + bonus look at my dwindling backlog

wesDmgS.png

Half finished = not done, but probably never going back to those games again

Knurek

Thank you, Depressurizer:

catsfbp0w.png

I just need to remember to periodically refresh the review database and rebuild the categories to include the changes.

Pachimari

Would you mind sharing a picture of your collection? Just curious.

Steel Diver, Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Luigi's Mansion 2, Pokémon Y, Super Mario 3D Land, New Art Academy, Nintendogs + Cats: French Bulldog & New Friends, Hello Kitty & Friends, Super Street Fighter IV, Professor Layton Vs. Phoenix Wright, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Pilotwings Resort, Inazuma Eleven 3: Bomb Blast, Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, Mario Tennis Open, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Fire Emblem: Awakening and Fantasy Life.

Those are the games. You get 2 bags, and a dock as well, and a screen protector is already installed on the touch screen.

PS: I just said no to $257. =/

inm8num2

Hm, there's going to be a Banner Saga board game called Warbands (RPS).

The Banner Saga: Warbands [official site] is the work of miniatures board game makers MegaCon Games, with creator Stoic and publisher Versus Evil in tow. MegaCon are an Indiana-based indie team who’ve been toiling away in the world of board game design for a few years now, possibly best known to you as the makers of a space exploration board game called Emergence Event. How exactly Warbands will work isn’t clear just yet, beyond the fact that it’s set in the Banner Saga universe. An upcoming Kickstarter campaign will help fund it along.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Steel Diver, Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Luigi's Mansion 2, Pokémon Y, Super Mario 3D Land, New Art Academy, Nintendogs + Cats: French Bulldog & New Friends, Hello Kitty & Friends, Super Street Fighter IV, Professor Layton Vs. Phoenix Wright, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Pilotwings Resort, Inazuma Eleven 3: Bomb Blast, Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, Mario Tennis Open, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Fire Emblem: Awakening and Fantasy Life.

Those are the games. You get 2 bags, and a dock as well, and a screen protector is already installed on the touch screen.

PS: I just said no to $257. =/
Yeah, that's worth a lot more than $257 I'd think. Maybe consider selling off the games individually if no one's jumping on the 20 game bundle, and just sell the hardware/miscellanea together.

Pakkidis

My categories:

Action - 2D
Action - Adventure
Action - Isometric
Action - Third Person Shooter
Platformer - 2D
Platformer - First Person
Platformer - Third Person
Puzzle- 2D
Puzzle - Isometric
Puzzle - First Person
Puzzle - Third Person
Rogue - 2D
Rogue - Isometric
Rogue - First Person
Rogue - Third Person
Rogue - Turn Based
Stealth - 2D
Stealth - Isometric
Stealth - First Person
Stealth - Third Person
First Person Melee
FPS - Military
FPS - Multiplayer
FPS - Science Fiction
FPS - Tactical
FPS - Traditional
RPG - Action
RPG - Isometric
RPG - First Person
RPG - Third Person
RPG - Turn Based
Open World - First Person
Open World - Third Person
Point & Click Adventure - First Person
Point & Click Adventure - Third Person
Survival Horror - First Person
Survival Horror - Third Person
Strategy
Strategy - Real Time
Strategy - Turn Based
Tower Defense - Isometric
Tower Defense - First Person
Tower Defense - Third Person
Racing - Arcade
Racing - Simulation
Simulation
Shoot 'Em Up
Beat 'Em Up
Arcade
Casual
Casual - Match 3
Fighting
Hidden Object
Multiplayer Online Battle Arenas
Visual Novel

If I have 3 or more games in a given series i.e Bioshock, deus ex, then they get their own category i.e Bioshock Series.

How do you guys get out of a gaming rut?

Having recently finished Witcher 3, I find myself struggling to get interested in any games. Just spend my time scrolling through the endless list of games.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

Having recently finished Witcher 3, I find myself struggling to get interested in any games. Just spend my time scrolling through the endless list of games.

Simple: don't play anything until you feel like it again. I took a long break where I didn't touch any games and focused on other interests. Recently I started again and finished a bunch of games that'd been sitting in my backlog forever. If you're not having fun, take a break

derExperte

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=173367801&postcount=15280

Almost done with Shipwreck but no recommendation, it's an unispired Zelda clone, no real story, no relatable characters (they all repeat the same over and over, they're not even reacting to me saving their shitty island at the end), lots of empty screens, no enemies outside dungeons which are boring without any real puzzles. Music is okay. 4/10, even lower if it weren't so cheap.

edit: 3.5hrs, 100%

Kagemusha

Write out a thousand dollar cheque to Donald Trump for President and put it in an envelope. Either play the first game in your library or send the cheque.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom