• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miguel81

Let's see if I remember correctly:
Just keep talking to him every chance you get when you're in the batcave.
Run through his dialogue until it goes into repeating common ones.
If you feel like you missed some previously, go to the batcave and exhaust him immediately, then do it every time thereafter, and just make sure it pops before you track Bane.

Just got some more dialogue out of him after Lacey Towers, and will return after GCPD. Thanks for the info, especially on the Bane bit. Didn't want to miss the cheevo during this run.

I'm sorry I missed out on The Ship get-together the other night, I got distracted.

We ended up playing Chivalry due to server issues with The Ship. Ningen will probably do another one soon and you can join then if you can. It's a lot of fun playing with SteamGAF.

BadRamen

Ugh, I feel like as soon as I buy Rocket League, it will go on sale, which even if it is only say a dollar off, will bug me.

Fuck it, buying it when I get home

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Never Alone was decent enough. When I started I thought this was going to be a breeze all the way through, but the final levels are actually pretty tough. Thank god there were checkpoints everywhere. I'm on a roll beating games lately, feels good man

Chariot

Come on MusouGAF, where's the hype?
header.jpg

Game's gonna have a slick selection of playable characters-
Fujitora
Hawkeye
Buggy da gawd
Crocodile
Rob 'Pigeon Pimp' Lucci
Marco
Koei Tecmo. I ain't hyped until it's out and working.

Teppic

Take my small offering, Modbot.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Teppic, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ultionus: A Tale of Petty Revenge -- MB-DEB5ECC12EFD1C7C - Taken by Uzzy. 1 entrants total.

t1438506049z1.png

Pachimari

We ended up playing Chivalry due to server issues with The Ship. Ningen will probably do another one soon and you can join then if you can. It's a lot of fun playing with SteamGAF.

Thanks for this. Hope we'll play The Ship next time then.

Oh, I'm about to sell my New Nintendo 3DS + 20 games for $257 in 5 hours. Thinking if I should pull it and not sell or if I should. Decisions decisions...

Sarcasm

Oh, I'm about to sell my New Nintendo 3DS + 20 games for $257 in 5 hours. Thinking if I should pull it and not sell or if I should. Decisions decisions...

Unless you are in financial distress I don't see reason to sell it. Keep it if you can.

The Telltale Game of Thrones game is $30, so King's Quest is only $10 more. Each episode of GoT takes about 2 hours, so you're looking at a 12 hour experience. Each chapter of King's Quest should be easily 5+ hours, so you're looking at a 25 hour experience. You're essentially getting a game the length of The Walking Dead Season 1 and 2 combined, for less than the combined cost of those two games.

It's cool that the King's Quest devs are putting out long, high quality episodes and they are of course entitled to charge what they feel their product is worth. That said, I honestly don't think many people make their purchasing decisions on metrics like this. At the end of the day it's a $40 game. Even trying the first episode costs $10 which is the price of many great full indie games these days. I feel that trying to charge $40 in a market conditioned to buying $25 full episodic adventures and generally waiting for sales is their biggest challenge. Heck there are many people who are unwilling to pay $40 for any game, including AAA titles which somehow ended up having a higher perceived value.

I'm not saying that the higher price point isn't hurting them, I'm just saying I think it's fair of them to want to charge more and that brand recognition is also hurting them. That being said, Game of Thrones is (obviously) a hotter franchise than King's Quest and most people who are unfamiliar with the specifics of either game will probably choose Game of Thrones every time for the brand recognition and lower price.

The point I wanted to make is that it's not a revival of King's Quest that is failing here. King's Quest is a hallowed franchise amongst adventure gamers. Those adventure gamers constitute the core audience for this game. And it's reviewing really well too. They're still not buying it. And I think it's all about the price.

Are these digital downloads? Because that seems like a very low price. Twenty retail games would net something like $250-300 on their own. Heck I sold my old 3DS XL for about $160 a couple of months ago.

Pachimari

Unless you are in financial distress I don't see reason to sell it. Keep it if you can.
I would just like to have some money in my Savings account, that's why I'm contemplating selling my New 3DS.

Are these digital downloads? Because that seems like a very low price. Twenty retail games would net something like $250-300 on their own. Heck I sold my old 3DS XL for about $160 a couple of months ago.

They are all retail games.
But nobody wants to buy it, and the $257 is the highest bid I have gotten. =(

I wonder if it will be too much of a hassle selling it all to somebody on GAF (sending it abroad etc.), for at least a little higher price, because I need the money.

derExperte

What is also hurting KQ are the terrible regional prices, it costs almost the same everywhere, in Russia it's more expensive than GTAV for example.

I don't get and will never get the appeal of literally any Final Fantasy game.

I bought all that were available on PS1 because that's what you did back then but the only one I played more than a few minutes was FF7 and I still quit before leaving the city. It's the Halo or RPGs for me, I just can't get myself to care one bit. I'll buy some of the remasters for a good price and if FF15 gets to PC maybe I'll give it a serious try but I haven't even made it through any of the demo gameplay videos, FF in general bores me no matter what iteration. Could be my general apathy towards jrpgs (Chrono Cross is literally the only one I ever completed and that took 10 years) but I think it's something else.

fantomena

Goddammit this game idling takes a long time. I want to play a game (Dream maybe?), but Im not sure if the card drops will be slower then.

Milamber

OP SPOILER:
I find funny how they kinda spoiler the last arc of one piece directly on the store page banner...Sabo...*cough*

How is that a spoiler? Everybody knows who he is, only someone important enough to be in the banner. And almost everyone that buys this game would already know who that person is already.

Only that putting him in the cover means that OPM3 is very up to date.

Sarcasm

I would just like to have some money in my Savings account, that's why I'm contemplating selling my New 3DS.

I wonder if it will be too much of a hassle selling it all to somebody on GAF (sending it abroad etc.), for at least a little higher price, because I need the money.

I would bite of I had a way to pay you. English Nintendo and even WiiU for me the system itself is almost 500.

I still advise against selling it.

Goddammit this game idling takes a long time. I want to play a game (Dream maybe?), but Im not sure if the card drops will be slower then.

Cards don't start to drop til after two hours has passed.

Already played FFXII International through emulation + fan translation patch.
It's a great game, having it on steam would be fantastic.
Weird how they're no signs of a FFX HD PC version.
Playing both again recently actually made me realize that I like XII more and it definitely aged better.

Kiru

How is that a spoiler? Everybody knows who he is, only someone important enough to be in the banner. And almost everyone that buys this game would already know who that person is already.

Only that putting him in the cover means that OPM3 is very up to date.

Ok, I just remembered that people were upset at even a slightly hint in the trailer of the game. Was probably really months ago.

Pachimari

I would bite of I had a way to pay you. English Nintendo and even WiiU for me the system itself is almost 500.

I still advise against selling it.

Already sold my Dreamcast, Gamecube, PlayStation 1, Wii U and PlayStation Vita.
But again, it's my only portable, though I never bring it around, as I just take my phone with me.

fertygo

Buy Bioshock trilogy on dirt cheap deal, didn't know the 2009 game is such a technical mess to even launch.. fuck

Arthea

FF12 Remake/Remaster? Gosh, God is a joker. Da worst FF <3

fixed for you.
If even reFF12 is real, which I don't believe as it is FF that sold worst, aside from FF13 trilogy, I don't see it coming to PC.
FF12 had a nice world (not I(n)valice per se, but nice looking), I would take a good game in that world without 25 types of repainted wolves too, not FF12 tho.

then again, I would buy it
cheapo
if it came to steam, regardless.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Why is JaseC getting those? They count towards the game count?

They don't count towards anything. I have a bunch of fellow game collectors on my friends list and even they don't bother buying videos unless they're of particular interest.

Arthea

Talking about One Piece, together with story pack it costs 62&#8364;! Nope, just no, waiting for sub 10&#8364;

also this month will be really expensive to me, so if even it was 40&#8364;, I still would wait.

FF0 still hangs in the bestsellers list but dropped bellow top 10 already.

As for King's Quest, even if I was a fan of original series (I even rebought them on gog), I still can't justify 40&#8364; purchase, firstly I'm vary of reboots, all of them, secondly I simply won't be playing it anytime soon, as I still have too many unfinished games and too many I plan to buy that are way cheaper.

They don't count towards anything. I have a bunch of fellow game collectors on my friends list and even they don't bother buying videos unless they're of particular interest.

wait... those movies don't even count as +1? why then? WHY?

Arthea

http://abload.de/img/saoirseshrug8njim.gif[/IMG[/QUOTE]

lemme guess: you gamble on them being +1s one day. Like steam having software category (that counts), there will be movie category and it will count.

I wouldn't mind whole movie category on steam, it these were movies I'm interested in. Actually I don't mind either way, as I ignore them now.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
So did anyone survive that Steam hack?

For how many Steam friends I have I don't know, how many Steam games I have, and how I get friend invites daily these days because of my Steam reviews, curator page, and forum posts, I am very surprised no one tried to hack me, but my login name is different than my display name, so likely some did try and didn't figure out the name.

It wouldn't of been terrible as I have two-step identification on my steam account and email, but still.

(I'm assuming we're talking about the exploit that was quickly fixed discovered a few weeks ago)

Would you mind sharing a picture of your collection? Just curious.

Arthea

I finally got around playing some of Ironcast and ya, the game is extremely unfair, I wouldn't mind hard, what I mind is permadeth in a game where nothing depends on you most of the time, if after clearing the board the first time you don't get resources in position you can get them, you pretty much are already death, and that being permadeth... yeah no, not fun.
I'll probably give it more chances it being steampunk and all, but that probably won't end well anyhow.

So did anyone survive that Steam hack?

what?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
lemme guess: you gamble on them being +1s one day. Like steam having software category (that counts), there will be movie category and it will count.

I wouldn't mind whole movie category on steam, it these were movies I'm interested in. Actually I don't mind either way, as I ignore them now.

I'm of the opinion that there's no point in collecting stuff if you're going to be overly selective (financial situation aside).

It's getting so darn frustrating that I keep loosing internet connection frequently these days.
Worst thing I have no clue what the reason is? Rebooting the router usually lead to several days of stable connection, not anymore. Restarting the browser doesn't help. De-Reactivating WiFi in network manager doesn't help either.
My WiFi card is a TP-Link TL-WN951N WLAN PCI Adapter 300 Mbit/s with a Qualcomm Atheros AR922X chip. It's only a couple months old but I am slowly thinking that is the cause. Was fairly cheap, only 20 bucks. But it has good ratings.

It's getting so darn frustrating that I keep loosing internet connection frequently these days.
Worst thing I have no clue what the reason is? Rebooting the router usually lead to several days of stable connection, not anymore. Restarting the browser doesn't help. De-Reactivating WiFi in network manager doesn't help either.
My WiFi card is a TP-Link TL-WN951N WLAN PCI Adapter 300 Mbit/s with a Qualcomm Atheros AR922X chip. It's only a couple months old but I am slowly thinking that is the cause. Was fairly cheap, only 20 bucks. But it has good ratings.
Yes, definitely the router.

Cheap routers are a gamble with their quality, the current one i'm using is cheaper than my former one, and not as stable. In the beginning it had many issues too, it would work anywhere except at hime. I went to several repair shops, and it worked perfectly normal there during their tests, until I took it home and set it up there again. Luckily, it started working fine one day. I still don't know why it happened, but i'm not looking back.

Here it is, the end of another day, and I haven't done a thing. I haven't even so much as launched a game. What the hell is wrong with me?
I feel you. These SteamGaf game nights really helped me in that regard. I even played Chivalry a bit on the side on myself because of that. Best thing it doesn't feel like a chore. We should do some more spontaneous game sessions here I think.

RS4-

Would be nice to have ff12. Never did finish it because my ps2 stopped reading discs halfway through.

Fresh,did you update to Windows 10? If so, that's the cause. Reinstall all drivers choosing the repair methond, this should fix the issue. I have the same issue with a TP-Link, but repairing drivers fixed it for me. Hope this can help you.
Nope, still on Win8.1. I am actually thinking upgrading to 10 might ellaviate my problems. Ah, PC sure can suck sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom