• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsnip

Actually, i just saw this post in another thread:

Using a tech developed by a company will not automatically lock it the platform of that company. SCE developed PhyreEngine for example is a multiplatform engine.

No doubt that a deal between Sony and Square exists, but this tech angle has always been a bit out there.

zkylon

zkylewd
The costume design in FFXII was just awful across the board. I guess Balthier wasn't bad, but that's about it.
i liked basch's design and i freaking LOVED how awesome the judges looked

but things like vaan and penello and bunny girl were so awful

Deitus

True, the Judges looked great. I mostly meant the main cast. Basch's design wasn't terrible I guess, but I always thought it looked pretty bad in game.

Agreed on the rest though.

Parsnip

I own this.

ff12-1.jpg

I liked Penelo's dumb onesie boxer shorts with wings.

ExoSoul

Banned

Add Reddas, Vossler, Vayne, Cid, Al-Cid, Anastasis, Halim and Uball-Ka.

Edit: And the summons.

Basch's design is like my third least favorite one in XII, after Vaan and Penelope, of course. He's a right-handed swordsman but he left his right hand and shoulder open for attack, genius. And apparently, he's wearing a short or something?
Ashe is my favorite alongside with Balthier.

So you complain about the guy that's hidding from the Empire for using casual-ish clothes but are totally fine with the princess that goes about in a micro skirt?
I have no problems with any character

Basch's design is like my third least favorite one in XII, after Vaan and Penelope, of course. He's a right-handed swordsman but he left his right hand and shoulder open for attack, genius. And apparently, he's wearing a short or something?

zkylon

zkylewd
True, the Judges looked great. I mostly meant the main cast. Basch's design wasn't terrible I guess, but I always thought it looked pretty bad in game.

Agreed on the rest though.

i mean, let's be honest, this is dumb af

35c244m.jpg

but i still kind of like him, it looks dumb in a way i can get behind

actually i think ashe's kind of in the same camp, it's really stupid but in a fun way i guess, tho she annoys me way more for some reason

vaan is really ugly tho, dumb face with like armor on his pants for some reason and armored gloves, nothing about him is likable.

also just found out that google autocompletes "vaan ff12" to "vaan ff12 gay"

or maybe that's just my google

anyways, vaan sucks

balthier is awesome

I own this.

ff12-1.jpg
that's really cool

I liked Penelo's dumb onesie boxer shorts with wings.
nothing wrong with that i guess

no idea who any of these are (well, i do cid), didn't actually get too far in ff12

also apparently riot stole tons of names from ff12, as vayne and ashe are both champions in the game lol

i mean, i don't think any of these designs are actually supposed to be effective in combat lol

btw i think my favorite jrpg outfit (at least right this second) is...

cool armor, cool skirt, badass helmet and everything looks so freakingly iconic

i love it

i guess it's still got issues, boob plate and like weakpoints everywhere or whatever, but i never really cared for that stuff and i just think it looks cool as shit

Anteater

Using a tech developed by a company will not automatically lock it the platform of that company. SCE developed PhyreEngine for example is a multiplatform engine.

No doubt that a deal between Sony and Square exists, but this tech angle has always been a bit out there.

maybe it's an honor deal

Miguel81

i mean, let's be honest, this is dumb af

http://squarewarts.pbworks.com/f/1271848224/35c244m.jpg[IMG]

but i still kind of like him, it looks dumb in a way i can get behind

actually i think ashe's kind of in the same camp, it's really stupid but in a fun way i guess, tho she annoys me way more for some reason

vaan is really ugly tho, dumb face with like armor on his pants for some reason and armored gloves, nothing about him is likable.

also just found out that google autocompletes "vaan ff12" to "vaan ff12 gay"

or maybe that's just my google

anyways, vaan sucks

[B]balthier is awesome[/B][/QUOTE]

I agree. I thought him and Fran made a pretty cool duo.

Dsyndrome

Whichever version of FF XII is coming will be my fourth or fifth time buying the game, can't remember. Also haven't beaten it, which makes me a bad person.

Wish Vaan wasn't the main character, does he do anything worthwhile in the game? Should've been the actual sky pirate.

komorebi

the miniskirt on ashe was so fucking badass omg

FTFY

Can't wait for FFXII HD. Probably my all time favorite FF game, but not necessarily favorite FF story or cast of characters. Gameplay was a blast though even if it was MMO lite. I completed it 100% including the 4 hour dragon fight. So epic! I'll also never forget opening a specific chest early in the game and getting the 1% Zodiac Spear drop on my first try. Ah the memories...

OST is Sakimoto's finest hour imo, its a real unique soundtrack even by his standards.

ExoSoul

Banned
Whichever version of FF XII is coming will be my fourth or fifth time buying the game, can't remember. Also haven't beaten it, which makes me a bad person.

Wish Vaan wasn't the main character, does he do anything worthwhile in the game? Should've been the actual sky pirate.

Vash is a kid that just keep finding himself in situations he shouldn't be involved and goes along for the ride.

You should consider Balthier instead, afterall he's the leading man ;D

Fran?

You're awful.

She was the only character design I liked out of the six of them.

So many names I have no idea who they are.
And I think I only saw like 2 summons the whole game. Or whatever the lowest possible was, cause I had 0 interest in side quests, especially after seeing one of the summon bosses took hours to beat if you were lucky.

Uh... there is no main character in FFXII. They're all interchangeable.

zkylon

zkylewd
btw i dunno about other ppl, but when i played ff12, i turned all my characters into dual katana ninjas

like it was literally ashe+balthier+basch all dual katanas doing like multiple attack combos lol

fuck strategy lol

I agree. I thought him and Fran made a pretty cool duo.
despite me hating fran's guts, i agree

i just hate 90% naked women characters, i find them really annoying

which is kind of super hypocritical of me considering i absolutely LOVE kill la kill, but at least that's addressed in klk, while here i'm just supposed to assume fran's kind of a slut

I don't get and will never get the appeal of literally any Final Fantasy game.
i mean, the appeal is pretty obvious, every ff game is an epic high-production-value adventure in which you get to meet tons of cool and weird characters and see amazing and original places in pretty unique universes with their history and lore and unique animals and politics and whatnot. and you get to save the world every time through really exciting set pieces, wonderfully animated cutscenes and pretty fun combat

those things and specially their jrpgs sensibilities might not be for you, but it's hard to miss what's appealing about the series

Fran?

You're awful.

She was the only character design I liked out of the six of them.
i hated her

put some clothes on, girl

Star Ocean 3 Lenneth is probably more SteamGAF appropriate
oh god she's adorable

Dsyndrome

Vash is a kid that just keep finding himself in situations he shouldn't be involved and goes along for the ride.

You should consider Balthier instead, afterall he's the leading man ;D

Uh... there is no main character in FFXII. They're all interchangeable.
Either way, too much time is spent on the worst character:
Literally everyone else was more interesting that him, including the dancing clan moogle dude. Love the game regardless.

No i'm still working on that, I have two moods when it come to gaming. Either I want something slow and relaxing like ESO or something tense and fast pace like Rocket League, or any kind of shooters.

Cool.
I also kinda do that, tbh. I rarely invest all of my gaming time to a single game nowadays.

about that...

Gamescom probably

Yeah, Gamescom.
They better be announcing PC version as well while they're on it.

Turfster

And that was Witcher 3.
Think I got the best ending after 40 hours of play.
While I'm glad I played it (thank you again, you know who you are), I wouldn't call it anywhere near an unmitigated success, full of design faults you'd think they'd have ironed out after 2 games =p

FFXII got me through a really crappy time in my life so I'll always appreciate it for that. I also enjoyed some not so subtle similarities to Star Wars.

Either way, too much time is spent on the worst character:

Literally everyone else was more interesting that him, including the dancing clan moogle dude. Love the game regardless.

No.

Again, they're all pretty much the same, the only real differences are visual/voice actor related. If Vaan was the worst, he wouldn't have been my 3rd. The other 3 are much worse.

And that was Witcher 3.
While I'm glad I played it (thank you again, you know who you are), I wouldn't call it anywhere near an unmitigated success, full of design faults you'd think they'd have ironed out after 2 games =p

Surprise surprise -- Turfster didn't like another AAA title. ;)

Khronico

And that was Witcher 3.

Holy crap only 40 hours? Did you just go through the main quest?

Edit: Actually I guess that's not all that surprising, I think it took me 50ish hrs to get through the main quest along with 20hrs of side stuff.

ExoSoul

Banned
So many names I have no idea who they are.
And I think I only saw like 2 summons the whole game. Or whatever the lowest possible was, cause I had 0 interest in side quests, especially after seeing one of the summon bosses took hours to beat if you were lucky.

You have your info wrong, i think the lowest possible was 4 but the fight that took hours was a hunt, not a summon. And summons didn't require sidequests but exploration (you'd find the lair of the summon).
And some of those characters have pivotal roles....

Again, they're all pretty much the same, the only real differences are visual/voice actor related. If Vaan was the worst, he wouldn't have been my 3rd. The other 3 are much worse.

Did you follow the plot at all?

Sunless Sea seems really amazing and I regret not spending more time with it. Kept visiting an island with a group of sisters when I was roaming the seas and eventually a monster attacked and the house was burned to a crisp because I failed one of my skill checks, leading to my acquaintance Phobe to perish.

I also have a lover waiting for me in London while I have an affair with one of my captains when I'm at sea.

Dsyndrome

You have your info wrong, i think the lowest possible was 4 but the fight that took hours was a hunt, not a summon. And summons didn't require sidequests but exploration (you'd find the lair of the summon).

Yiazmat? I've heard horror stories about that thing.

Turfster

Holy crap only 40 hours? Did you just go through the main quest?

Main quest, all of White Orchard, all of Velen (before I got sick of getting 1xp for wasting 3 hours of my life doing nothing worthwhile per quest) and the side-quests that seemed important.

Surprise surprise -- Turfster didn't like another AAA title. ;)

There are AAA games I like!
And I didn't hate Witcher 3, I was just left disappointed by it =p

Did you follow the plot at all?

Follow the plot? Sure.
But it was just pointless political garbage, as the games in Ivalice seem to have a tendency to be.

On some levels, I disliked FFXII's story more than I disliked FFX's.

GaussTek

Won it from a giveaway, but I only wanted the DLC :p Take the main game!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Vanguard Princess -- MB-484DD82FADA8446A - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom