• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Well here's an odd thing. GTA V will allow a very wide range of aspect ratios, possibly even any but frame the cutscenes at 16:9 bordering off the excess space either side. Or so I thought until I found out that your maximum available resolution sets the default canvas size and will actually trim down if your selected resolution isn't the same aspect ratio. Having an Archimedes moment at 5 in the morning and sorting it probably wasn't a good thing either.

Well that's a good chunk of September's wages spent already. Come to think about it when all the games I've helped crowdfund are released I'm going to be in the credits more than some folks who actually make them.

gar3

Feel free to take both the game & the DLC.
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Super House of the Dead Ninjas True Ninja DLC -- MB-53189861A8D47FE0 - Taken by Maniac
Super House of Dead Ninjas -- MB-E2090C400B4604DE - Taken by ExoSoul

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Koala Kids -- MB-7774998681945573 - Taken by NingenJanai
Deadly 30 -- MB-DB7B3E6A7A678A3F - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo
Bridge Constructor: Medieval -- MB-5A2C89785E04D135 - Taken by Catshade
Incandescent -- MB-97E514CA9DAFDC74 - Taken by didamangi
Shiny the Firefly -- MB-1E963FB995C7540D - Taken by gurm3n
Greed: Black Border -- MB-1964449ECC59FB8A - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Shadowgate (2014) -- MB-1083E982AFA1018E - Taken by thesaucetastic

Pachimari

Reading all of these posts about Divinity: Original Sin having a bad story/writing scares me. It was one of the reasons, I were interested in it in the first place, and thus bought it. But I am waiting for the Enhanced Edition upgrade, though it's still making me uneasy, knowing the story apparently isn't worth much. :(

rtcn63

Reading all of these posts about Divinity: Original Sin having a bad story/writing scares me. It was one of the reasons, I were interested in it in the first place, and thus bought it. But I am waiting for the Enhanced Edition upgrade, though it's still making me uneasy, knowing the story apparently isn't worth much. :(

It's not terrible, but like say, loot-based games (Torchlight) the story and characters really aren't something you should be focusing on. I think. Combat was iffy as well, though had potential. It's kinda like playing Fallout 3 in hindsight.

Yeah, wait for 2.0 and see how it's received.

Dr Dogg

As much shit as AssCreed gets and the incredibly biased nature of me posting this but I'd say that Sequence 6 Memory 3 of Black Flag has one of the better tailing sections in games and rounded off with a chase sequence assassination. You combine tailing via boat and on foot through a crocodile infested swamp, if you know the right path can do it at break neck pace and fundamentally not stood around waiting like the majority of tailing sections. Don't know why I bother y'all hate AssCreed anyway.

Tizoc

^I bought it a few days ago actually, I thought it was already posted in here XP

As much shit as AssCreed gets and the incredibly biased nature of me posting this but I'd say that Sequence 6 Memory 3 of Black Flag has one of the better tailing sections in games and rounded off with a chase sequence assassination. You combine tailing via boat and on foot through a crocodile infested swamp, if you know the right path can do it at break neck pace and fundamentally not stood around waiting like the majority of tailing sections. Don't know why I bother y'all hate AssCreed anyway.

To Black Flag's credit, it's also a good pirate game :p

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Burstfire -- MB-08EA2718A5E5BF2A - Taken by MaxiLive

Hektor

To Black Flag's credit, it's also a good pirate game :p

I still clinch to the hope that Ubisoft makes an actual pirate game someday.

An Sandboxy Action-RPG where you can hire and develop your own crew, plunder towns and build your own pirate island, with lots of different ships you can drive and huge ass sea battles.

I basically want an Age of pirates game with a AAA-Budget.

AHA-Lambda

Going to cross post this but I've got something weird going on with my pc =/

hey guys, I just noticed this morning but whenever I am scrolling with the mouse wheel on my desktop in the bottom portion of the screen there is a weird distorted pixely effect, it's kind of like screen tearing.

Any idea what this would be?

I'm on Windows 10 and this is a custom built PC, it's only 8 months old.

I'd try to get a pic of it but I can't seem to replicate it on screen captures.

rtcn63

Fuck, I know there's a setting in GE that lets you turn it off. I'm not sure if it or GE has anything to do with your problems, but I remember it doing weird shit to me awhile back so its worth a shot.

EDIT: Could it have something to do with the Windows Theme? Does 10 have Aero, try turning it off/on or resetting it.

Arthea

I blame everything on heat these days

It would be nice to have my own ice elemental fairy. My PCs would be happy too.
dreams, dreams

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I do, how do I disable them?
https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterra...ia_usersraise_your_fps_and_save_cpu_usage_by/

dreams, dreams

latest

Arthea

Saw this indie game released recently: Celestian Tales: Old North

http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/315860/header.jpg?t=1439292332[/img

Any impressions from you guys? I haven't played a JRPG in ages, but this randomly caught my eye. Kinda feels Suikoden-esque. Or maybe I'm just in a nostalgic mood.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it is a great game, Durante also wrote very positive review about it, I just need to finish FFF and then I'll play it, FF0 or no. I mean, buy it if you haven't, I can link Dunate's review if you want, lemme find it.

edited:
here it is
[url]http://steamcommunity.com/id/duranteA/recommended/315860/[/url]

MUnited83

For you.
If anyone in the US is looking into getting a great build, there's someone selling a GTX 980 SLI build for 1000$ in the BST thread right now. Insane.

Skii

It might have already been discussed but are there any noteworthy games in the "Japanese Indie Game Festival" sale on Steam atm?

Jawmuncher

It might have already been discussed but are there any noteworthy games in the "Japanese Indie Game Festival" sale on Steam atm?

Eryis Action is a really fun "Troll" platformer (I dunno the actual name of the genre).
The game tricks you time and time again and you learn from it. To the point where you play the tricks it does to you right back.

100% Orange Juice is a fun Board Game if you have people to play with. Just pray that the RNG gods are on your side.

The Exceed games are good Bullet Hell shooters if you are into that.

War of the Human tanks is a great strategy/Visual novel title. It's a combination of battleship and Chess.

Those are the highlights from me for titles that are often overlooked from the bigger ones in the sale.

Got to a First Person section of SC:Blacklist
w/ Riggs
last night. Interesting change of pace. It was nice to actually have to go murder simulator for once instead of my general play style of avoided contact when at all possible. Seemed pretty tacked on though as the levels we're quite small and linear.

The sale was a mistake. It's nothing but trash.

rtcn63

dreams, dreams

Yeah, if you're OC'ing the CPU (or GPU) and the weather's hot, it can fuck with Windows in strange and unusual ways. Had to keep mine at a conservative 4.0 GHZ.

Hektor

Got to a First Person section of SC:Blacklist
w/ Riggs
last night. Interesting change of pace. It was nice to actually have to go murder simulator for once instead of my general play style of avoided contact when at all possible. Seemed pretty tacked on though as the levels we're quite small and linear.

I really liked that part. I understood it as a parody of Modern Military Shooter that always have at least one tacked on stealth section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom