• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milamber

Yeah I got an Ikea, though the TORNLIDEN table tops I'm seeing on their website aren't particularly big - they actually looks smaller than the one I already got. I might go there just to take a look at what they got, and the cheapest.

It's small if you're planning to put a CPU on the table. It's pretty wide enough with it under the table.

EDIT: Behold!
0oUnVLs.jpg

Grief.exe

Madre de Dios Madridista! Don't you have an IKEA nearby? Just buy a TORNLIDEN table top and four ADILS legs and you're done. Costs about the same price as a full priced game.

Yeah I got an Ikea, though the TORNLIDEN table tops I'm seeing on their website aren't particularly big - they actually looks smaller than the one I already got. I might go there just to take a look at what they got, and the cheapest.

I actually picked up an all wood countertop from IKEA and attached some steel pipes for legs.

Works out nicely as I have plenty of space and I can sand down and oil the top to make if look nice. Haven't applied oil in a while, really needs it too.

http://m.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/art/60274959/

Dr Dogg

Really looking forward to seeing how they recreate the final boss for the pachislot format.

After just watching 5 mins of Biohazard HD Pachislot footage to see what they did there I want those 5 mins of my life back. I guess it's not the same if you're not fumbling a load of lose change into them on the off chance your dreams come true.

def sim

Madre de Dios Madridista! Don't you have an IKEA nearby? Just buy a TORNLIDEN table top and four ADILS legs and you're done. Costs about the same price as a full priced game.

I did this a long time ago and it makes for a wobbly desk. Spending a bit more for something sturdy is worth it.

Dr Dogg

The trick to buying a cheap but large desk is not buying a desk at all. You can get a reasonably priced table made out of something like pine for a fraction of the cost of what a desk would set you back and that would probably end up being chipboard or MDF anyways.

Jawmuncher

Look you just suck it in and buy every RE game Capcpom releases and they'll eventually want to cash in on the Jurassic World 2 craze :V

But i've been doing that for years already. It's all good though i'll be buying Resident Evil 2 remake regardless. DC just always pops into my head whenever capcom announces something.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So it looks like Valve broke compatibility with signing in to the community site using IE7 in yesterday's update. Of course the web browser control in Idle Master defaults back to IE7 rendering mode, thus I have 100 emails in my inbox of people who aren't able to enter their SteamGuard code into Idle Master.

Thanks Valve.

Phawx

Hey fellas, this isn't a Steam thing but thought I'd share anyhow. I got my N3DS modded with video out from that Japanese shop and they did an amazing job. Did a quick video to show it off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr1vdDeBiCQ

Apparently it has Oculus Rift support, but unfortunately for me, Windows 10 doesn't support Oculus yet. I tried some work-arounds on the forums and no dice.

In any event, they did a really nice job with the mod, just a small MicroUSB sized hole near the power port and that it. Nothing sticking out, no wires dangling about. Super clean.

Also apparently Audio-out via USB is in beta but it worked perfect for me. The instructions recommended I use a 3.5mm cable to my Line-In but it doesn't seem like it's necessary.

It's expensive as hell to get done but they did a great job and the software they supply works very well.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
After just watching 5 mins of Biohazard HD Pachislot footage to see what they did there I want those 5 mins of my life back. I guess it's not the same if you're not fumbling a load of lose change into them on the off chance your dreams come true.

The experience isn't complete unless there is a grandma biking her way to a parlor and spending her pension on tiny metal balls.

I'm looking forward to Mafia 3 for pretty much just the setting and music. If it can get those two things right then I don't care if it plays like a janky piece of shit.

def sim

Irrelevant now since all ADILS legs are telescoping.

The problem wasn't uneven flooring. Having no additional structural support between the legs caused the swaying and it was especially annoying when using m/kb for a game.

I placed some milk crates and textbooks under it until I had enough to get another desk.

Been playing Hyper Dimension Neptunia for the past week or so. Got a Windows update a day or two ago and ever since Neptunia will "stop working" at the initial Now Loading screen before the title screen. If I boot the game a second time it will work fine. This has happened every time I have booted the game since the update. I am not well versed in PC troubleshooting so is there anything I should check? Nothing has changed other than the latest Windows Update.

I have Windows 7 64bit.

People in the chat told me that Win10 can send private info to MS even when one disables settings. Maybe it's for the good I keep getting 0x80070490 - 0x20016 Error when trying to upgrade to Win10 via Media Creation Tool.
Incredibly basic, but the medication blocks memory (among other things, it's a beta blocker), so you basically relearn or reshape a fear into something normal.

An Abrupt Transformation of Phobic Behavior After a Post-Retrieval Amnesic Agent
Very interesting. I knew about facing-the-fear therapy but not in combination with such medication.
This Friday we are playing Killing Floor 2 on Euro game night, murricans are welcome too.

It only has up to 6 player coop so seats will be limited, but I'm not sure how many people will actually have the game.
Not me :'( Have fun folks! See you in another game night.
The guy was surprisingly emotional and pumped for a Japanese dev video. In many the people are so formal. Liked it.

As one who never played a Resident Evil how are you folks ranking the pre-RE4 titles in your enjoyment?

Annubis

So it looks like Valve broke compatibility with signing in to the community site using IE7 in yesterday's update. Of course the web browser control in Idle Master defaults back to IE7 rendering mode, thus I have 100 emails in my inbox of people who aren't able to enter their SteamGuard code into Idle Master.

Thanks Valve.

The shocking part of this is that there's a hundred people using IE7.

gabbo

Best RE, can't wait!

WoW may have brought in more money, but RTS Warcraft will always be the true on for me.

Will the next Warcraft RTS game be subdivided into 3 smaller games as well?
That's one thing that's kept me from trying SC2, and my lack of interest in multiplayer

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
This Friday we are playing Killing Floor 2 on Euro game night, murricans are welcome too.

It only has up to 6 player coop so seats will be limited, but I'm not sure how many people will actually have the game.

header.jpg

1 - NingenJanai
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -

t1439578800z0.png

I'm all in, just bought it.

header.jpg

1 - NingenJanai
2 - Maniac
3 - derExperte
4 - corrosivefrost
5 - ricochetguro
6 -
* -
* -
* -

t1439578800z0.png
I'm in! Thanks to the glorious saint <3

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
lots of cool shooters on sale in the Japanese Indie Festival sale thingy

Crimson Clover, Kamui, ALLTYNEX Second, the exceed games, Ether Vapor Remaster and Gunhound EX.

MUnited83

For you.
This guy is supposedly giving away a Batman AK key via the Steam Community. Seems kind of odd but he must not be part of any community (like SteamGAF) or the key is stolen and someone's Steam account is going to get banned over it...

http://steamcommunity.com/app/208650/discussions/0/530649887196834077/
People do not get banned over the use of keys.
Also, Arkham Knight NVIDIA codes are really darn cheap right now so I wouldnt be surprised if its legit. Its a 8$ game , after all.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

header.jpg

1 - NingenJanai
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -

t1439578800z0.png

edit: wait, this is 8pm gmt+1 ? I might just make it in time

zkylon

zkylewd
installed win10, seems to have gone ok, my desktop is still here and all my programs seem to be here too, steam, photoshop, flashdevelop, seems like everything's working. i tried building my game and it seems to be working just fine, so that's a relief.

so cool stuff, win10 looks nice

it's weird cos after like a month of win8.1 i'm too used to not having a start menu lol

It is now.
Not with that attitude.
-___-

Of course it is. Spiderphobia would be the condition of a fear of spiders where as a spiderphobe is a person who is due to phobe being a person who is afraid or has a fear of what is specified by the prefix word in this case spider.
spiderphobia is like dumbed down arachnophobia

at least if ur gonna be crazy be crazy with a cool name

Backlogger

People do not get banned over the use of keys.
Also, Arkham Knight NVIDIA codes are really darn cheap right now so I wouldnt be surprised if its legit. Its a 8$ game , after all.

Can you still redeem the NVIDIA codes? I saw a couple of people (including you) selling keys in B/S/T. I might pick one up this week.

Isn't the next patch imminent? Or do we suspect a delay announcement instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom