• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

I always find it funny the safety net some OEMs put on their components regards to how much juice you need (600 watts for a single GPU system is a huge safety net even for a 2x8pin one). I mean if you look at it like this the maximum power you can get into 1 GPU with 2 x 8 pin plugs through PCI-e is 375w (75 through the slot and 150 a piece for 2 x 8 pin plugs) but apart for the crazy Ares II (and that has 3 x 8 pin PCI-e plugs!) nothing even comes close to that and Nvidia top out at 250w TDP. When I had 2 780's even at maximum stress and using 110% of their power target with 1.3v going through my CPU I was only just hitting 630-650w then and considerably less in games. And although i didn't have the means to check what the draw from the wall was at the time but I doubt even my power hungry and crazy hot 480's drew that much more either. If you actually look at efficiency range for pretty much all PSUs these days their maximum efficiency is pretty much bang on 50%, with decent ones having a higher range and tighter group but even the cheaper ones aren't anywhere near as bad as what they were some 5-7 years ago.

Which is odd that they did that as Dragon Commander still has a Beta app. I assume it might be to do with Original Sin also being on Early Access that it was easier for Larian to manage with just the one app

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
h1UUjIg.jpg

Fingered

ZbfFIzs.jpg

Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE)

Dr Dogg

I read that thread on here earlier and closed it after the 'Not Mah Exclusives!' brigade showed up.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1094934

A Remedy game not on PC? I'd imagine it's the same dealio as always though Scalebound is the only game I would see as not appearing on PC in the not to distant future but Platinum have got their toes wet now.

If you have to ask, the answer is no.
Not necessarily. Everything is a buck these days, so I can still be discerning even at that low price point. If anyone has played Organ Biker and can offer impressions, that would be great. I know most of the Steam storefront reviews are negative, but that doesn't always mean anything.

derExperte

Shitfuckshit, that D4 cliffhanger. Please everyone buy it asap so I can get s2.

90C for an overclocked CPU on gaming stress is fine you pussies

How? No way to reach that if your cooler is correctly assembled. AMD CPUs are a different matter, they always ran a little hotter. But hey, I often wonder about all the strange problems people are having with their PCs. Guess things like that are the answer.

Dr Dogg

I think the highest I got a CPU package temp to go was 85ish C and that was under a full AVX battering for 12 hours. Granted living in Northern Europe with shit weather does have its advantages.

Salsa

How? No way to reach that if your cooler is correctly assembled. AMD CPUs are a different matter, they always ran a little hotter. But hey, I often wonder about all the strange problems people are having with their PCs. Guess things like that are the answer.

GTA V uncapped plus OCing everything plus South America being pretty hot?

I have a Hyper 212 even and its well installed. its been a while since I checked temps but yeah, on GTAV specifically I remember it reaching 85 - 90 and I played that game for like 70 hours without any issue

havent had any little issue in this 4 plus years. these things are more safeguarded for temperature than people give em credit for

still, no denying that the lower the better

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Salsa is the real mvp in Rocket League

saved my ass in a bunch of 2v2s! GGs

Bah, my CPU is the limiting factor now.
Can't really seem to reach 1080p60 in Witcher 3 - it's hovering at that range, but streaming any assets plummets the framerate to 40-55 fps. Will need to try and move the game to SSD, maybe that helps.
(And of course, not play the game when Steam, Origin and GOG Galaxy download updates for games).
What CPU do you have?
Playing some more NaissanceE, and it kinda feels like my graphics card is just crashing and spitting out whatever random objects it wants, but forming into some amazing pattern. It reminds me of the movie Pi, but just like that movie, the game's driving me insane.
Haha, this reads beautiful!
Incredible news! All three look fabulous to me.
90C for an overclocked CPU on gaming stress is fine you pussies
I feel bad for your silicon.

MUnited83

For you.
Shitfuckshit, that D4 cliffhanger. Please everyone buy it asap so I can get s2.

Doesn't Salsa live in Argentina? He's lucky that it doesn't go higher :p

Backlogger

Salsa is the real mvp in Rocket League

saved my ass in a bunch of 2v2s! GGs

I second this. I didn't even know how much further you could extend your jump using boost. I literally haven't seen anyone else play that way. I think I played 2 games with him yesterday and learned way more in those 2 games than in the last 30 games I've played.

Edit: all the gaffers I played with yesterday were good! Much better than playing with randoms

Dr Dogg

This needs to be settled the only way possible, 1 v 1 Rocket League between Bernardo and Salsa. If Salsa wins then I guess he lives in Uruguay but if Bernardo wins then we can all say he actually lives in Argentina,

The ol' we gotta sell Xbox's this holiday season and next year somehow PR spin.

#FirstOnXbox
#BetterOnPC and even #BetterOnPS4 in some cases. :lol

Not necessarily. Everything is a buck these days, so I can still be discerning even at that low price point. If anyone has played Organ Biker and can offer impressions, that would be great. I know most of the Steam storefront reviews are negative, but that doesn't always mean anything.

Odds are, most people who own it in here got it as a +1 from the very bundle you're contemplating. :3

Incredible news! All three look fabulous to me.

Quantum Break would be nice... but that's pretty much a secret to no one, no matter what they say now, given the Alan Wake on PC from Remedy. I wonder if any of them will make it to Steam vs. the Win10 store...

Salsa

This needs to be settled the only way possible, 1 v 1 Rocket League between Bernardo and Salsa. If Salsa wins then I guess he lives in Uruguay but if Bernardo wins then we can all say he actually lives in Argentina,

I won like 5-2 in 1v2 against him and dsyndrome yesterday, he's def a filthy argie thats been foolin everybody

he is probably the best gaffer ive seen tho alongside AcridMeat

we need to take that that in 3v3 against the world

or at least neogaf brazil

#
Quantum Break would be nice... but that's pretty much a secret to no one, no matter what they say now, given the Alan Wake on PC from Remedy. I wonder if any of them will make it to Steam vs. the Win10 store...
Hm. Didn't even cross my mind. Was only thinking first-party games would go realistically to the WinStore. Not optimal but them coming to some form to PC is most important.

Dr Dogg

What always makes me chuckle in the 'Platform Warz!' threads is that you always, always get someone bring up some ludicrous cost to build/buy a PC and talk about gaming on one as some niche. Seriously? There are more people playing LoL daily than PS4s sold. 1 game has more unique daily players than a whole console install base and that's not factoring in the other biggies like Minecraft, World of Tanks, DotA2 and WoW which will all comfortably run on a mid range PC from close to 10 years ago. PC Gaming isn't this crazy expensive beast folks make it out to be and has some fucking mind boggling numbers once you move past Steam.

Edit: And I fucking forgot Hearthstone is running away like a freight train right now too!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of titch, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 44 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (titch, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sword of the Stars: The Pit Gold -- MB-A1FA20576835D698 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 3 entrants total.
Rooks Keep -- MB-E77A819F2A2192BF - Taken by Haunted. 3 entrants total.
ibb & obb - Best Friends Forever Double Pack -- MB-2423FB58385A9FE3 - Taken by thesaucetastic. 3 entrants total.
Bloodsports.TV -- MB-5350FB6BF6C5A93C - Taken by rainking187. 3 entrants total.
Shadow Puppeteer -- MB-E4C3AFA33C17B309 - Taken by Blu(e). 5 entrants total.
Nam -- MB-B2F154D10A62C643 - Taken by KainXVIII. 2 entrants total.
AI War: Fleet Command -- MB-6CB876D94DDA18CE - Taken by Texan365. 2 entrants total.
R.O.O.T.S -- MB-5DB62EE1806E8A8D - Taken by S1n1st3r. 1 entrants total.
Aaru's Awakening -- MB-A4F8F0A52015067F - Taken by ExoSoul. 3 entrants total.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Call of Pripyat -- MB-A025D4DF79B83455 - Taken by Shalashaska. 8 entrants total.
Infect and Destroy -- MB-57AD4BD9D73C258C - Taken by Eila. 1 entrants total.
InnerCube -- MB-F91242924E6CFCC8 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 1 entrants total.
Aces of the Luftwaffe -- MB-C6F5ABEE6B0C87D1 - Taken by texhnolyze. 4 entrants total.
Ted By Dawn -- MB-6DC5CDDB85B9BFAB - Taken by Deques. 1 entrants total.
Wizardry 8 -- MB-877E002B4B15F7D1 - Taken by Majukun. 5 entrants total.
Coin Crypt -- MB-6A77B4CB041E437E - Taken by Purkake4. 7 entrants total.
NaissanceE -- MB-B69AA7B262328DEF - Taken by alr1ght. 4 entrants total.
Betrayer -- MB-8231BF41B07D83A0 - Taken by Mikurden. 4 entrants total.
Pivvot -- MB-9BCACB04C7D65AC6 - Taken by Saty. 4 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Postal -- MB-3940577FB294381C - Taken by Lancelot. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Dragon Age: Origins -- MB-0E0B526D08F587B8 - Taken by bronkonagurski. 3 entrants total.
Torchlight II -- MB-F70F4893DA399B37 - Taken by fertygo. 6 entrants total.
Paranautical Activity: Deluxe Atonement Edition -- MB-3DB887BDFAA767A2 - Taken by shervinrs. 4 entrants total.
bit Dungeon II -- MB-2DF651C0E5230A2F - Taken by Vuze. 1 entrants total.
Double Dragon: Neon -- MB-5E276F233AC130F8 - Taken by RunWhiteBoyRun. 11 entrants total.
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II -- MB-0F3CD1F5739A7B2B - Taken by HP_Wuvcraft. 8 entrants total.
Alien Breed Trilogy -- MB-A8BC8FA74D5F9DD2 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 2 entrants total.
Unium -- MB-9DD739D4188B413C - Taken by drakaenae. 5 entrants total.
Pixel Piracy -- MB-7CD43F0FB13ED0CB - Taken by AsylumX. 3 entrants total.
Magicka -- MB-3C33BC75A11BB51D - Taken by bigboss370. 4 entrants total.
Ironclad Tactics -- MB-BF7DDE894E10FAE3 - Taken by NingenJanai. 6 entrants total.
Fly'n -- MB-146FB6D548E462D9 - Taken by Spirited. 1 entrants total.
Gare Sapphire Mechs -- MB-F2F8D0DC92B5B3D7 - Taken by longlivegaming. 2 entrants total.
Frozen Synapse Prime (Double Pack) -- MB-74EFE6B594412B37 - Taken by Intel. 3 entrants total.
Survivor Squad -- MB-2B58F59451399905 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 1 entrants total.
Company of Heroes Complete Edition -- MB-CA375F50411D0504 - Taken by gar3. 1 entrants total.
Quest Run -- MB-9C4501482ACB78E4 - Taken by Clockblockers. 2 entrants total.
Chip -- MB-6E2DEECA2A441F7C - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo. 1 entrants total.
Freedom Planet -- MB-1CED172186CDA76B - Taken by cyborg009. 10 entrants total.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Clear Sky -- MB-938F4852F1251FE4 - Taken by eyeless. 11 entrants total.
Final Dusk -- MB-6AF450DF5C8A9B00 - Taken by Caerith. 2 entrants total.
Starlaxis Supernova Edition -- MB-7F71194AD372BB36 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 2 entrants total.
Shin Samurai Jazz -- MB-988A90B94CDF6371 - Taken by Ozium. 5 entrants total.
Trine 2: Complete Story -- MB-55A1C0141E9349AE - Taken by shockdude. 3 entrants total.

t1439420481z1.png

Dr Dogg

Need more info. Doubt whole of China has exploded.

Just found in OT. Wow

Not being a twat (well I am being a twat but there's no other way to do this :p) but this method usually gets me the context I desire 9 times out of 10 when someone posts something with no article or story.

Sorry :(

Phil Spencer is such a prick. All this 'the games were on a path' nonsense, he's just a lot of sound and noise signifying nothing while wearing his cute indie t-shirts in a transparent attempt to look 'cool'. Wish he'd just go away unless he's bringing big games to PC.

I'm sure he's a lovelly bloke in person but the moment he steps on to the stage to deliver a media briefing I can't help think that the SpencerBot 3000 circuitry has clicked on inside his head. He's even got the politician clinched fist style of gesticulation down to a tee. I mean they do it so not to point so no idea it that's a tick for him or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom