• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hektor

What always makes me chuckle in the 'Platform Warz!' threads is that you always, always get someone bring up some ludicrous cost to build/buy a PC and talk about gaming on one as some niche. Seriously? There are more people playing LoL daily than PS4s sold. 1 game has more unique daily players than a whole console install base and that's not factoring in the other biggies like Minecraft, World of Tanks, DotA2 and WoW which will all comfortably run on a mid range PC from close to 10 years ago. PC Gaming isn't this crazy expensive beast folks make it out to be and has some fucking mind boggling numbers once you move past Steam.

Edit: And I fucking forgot Hearthstone is running away like a freight train right now too!

But those dont count. Because they're Free2play and because they dont reinforce the nonsense i wrote.

The funniest thing is imho when those people end their post with "but im a pc gamer, ive spent 3K$ on my system" (Sure you did) like that gave the nonsense they postet somehow meaning.

MUnited83

For you.
I won like 5-2 in 1v2 against him and dsyndrome yesterday, he's def a filthy argie thats been foolin everybody

he is probably the best gaffer ive seen tho alongside AcridMeat

we need to take that that in 3v3 against the world

or at least neogaf brazil

tumblr_inline_nsz5m8fd9T1rdz96l_500.gif

That 3v3 idea sounds awesome, we should go wreck fools on ranked when/if cross-play parties happen.

L.O.R.D

wow , Ori is a wonderful beautiful game
i heard if i reached to a certain point , i can't go back ? is that right ?
i just past
the clean water through the three and encountered the big crow and fell down

Phil Spencer is such a prick. All this 'the games were on a path' nonsense, he's just a lot of sound and noise signifying nothing while wearing his cute indie t-shirts in a transparent attempt to look 'cool'. Wish he'd just go away unless he's bringing big games to PC.

Yeah the talk about how important PC is to them is really kind of cheap at this point, all they've done is promised stuff with no real payout, they should of had some games ready for Windows 10 beside a beta of a worse version of Minecraft.

It's important to them until it comes to putting games on PC then there's always some reason why the Xbox gets it first. If it was as important to them as they say the games would be there day 1.

Phil Spencer is such a prick. All this 'the games were on a path' nonsense, he's just a lot of sound and noise signifying nothing while wearing his cute indie t-shirts in a transparent attempt to look 'cool'. Wish he'd just go away unless he's bringing big games to PC.
I get you but I also understand in what spot Spencer is. He has to make Xbox platform attractive and exclusives - whether first-party or "bought" timed ones - are seemingly the way. It looks exclusives are only helping consoles for a limited time, so taking the months-wait hit just comes with it. Much better than "eternal" exclusivity.
What does this mean?
Thank you, thank you

Dr Dogg

Speaking of D4 don't suppose anyone has found a decent SLI flag perchance? PC OT is dead and it would probably save my lazy arse 30 mins so cheers in advance.

Edit: Heh! That rhymes.

shockdude

Workshop native now? I stopped using that thing when the unofficial patches left the workshop; they're probably back now and I just don't know it.
I installed the unofficial patches from the workshop last month, and I still have them.
SKSE with Steam's auto-updating is quite convenient. It also lets me disable the modded TESV.exe I used to launch SKSE from Steam.

L.O.R.D

wow at the fallout 4 leak
i know its off screen , but the game look like past gen already
maybe because its pre alpha or something ?

Werd

I was counting on emulating MGS3 before V comes out, but it turns out apparently it has problems both with rendering and controls due to lack of pressure sensitive buttons.

Why isn't it just on Steam -_- I guess I'll have to just watch a youtube video.

wow , Ori is a wonderful beautiful game
i heard if i reached to a certain point , i can't go back ? is that right ?
i just past
the clean water through the three and encountered the big crow and fell down

Correct.
Now you will never be able to
enter the ginsu tree again
But it sounds like you've only gotten far enough to have that one area locked out.

Dr Dogg

For future reference for anyone interested (like all 10 people who bought the game and have multiple cards) bits 0x080000F5 scale pretty well and have no adverse effects (the usual UE3 bits flickered like a bastard in the menus and have done a number on my eyes). If I find any issues or get a set with better scaling I'll update this post.

L.O.R.D

Correct.
Now you will never be able to
enter the ginsu tree again
But it sounds like you've only gotten far enough to have that one area locked out.

i just finished
ginsu tree
only , i collect every thing in that area
where the Forlorn Ruins start ? i can't go back there ?

Dr Dogg

It's alright Bethesda dialed back Fallout 4's visuals so we could all have tricked out things nothing to do with the engine literally being held together with string.

Dr.Acula

Banned
I hope I can snag a rocket league key from Alienware. This is the perfect "game I sorta wanna play, but never see myself spending money on" game.

AHA-Lambda

K, I got a vid of what appears to be wrong with my screen. Anyone got any guesses for this? I'd appreciate some peace of mind =/

https://youtu.be/nS5h7AQVYLQ?t=39s

It's very pronounced at the end of the vid, I'd have edited it down but I done it from my phone.

Strangely, I've not seen any effects in game and it only happens in the bottom left corner of my screen while surfing the internet. I've tried stressing my card and it seems totally fine so I think it's the monitor.

EDIT: could it just be the browser? This happens in Firefox but seemingly not in Edge?

Annubis

K, I got a vid of what appears to be wrong with my screen. Anyone got any guesses for this? I'd appreciate some peace of mind =/

https://youtu.be/nS5h7AQVYLQ?t=39s

It's very pronounced at the end of the vid, I'd have edited it down but I done it from my phone.

Strangely, I've not seen any effects in game and it only happens in the bottom left corner of my screen while surfing the internet. I've tried stressing my card and it seems totally fine so I think it's the monitor.

EDIT: could it just be the browser? This happens in Firefox but seemingly not in Edge?

Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> General
Is "Use smooth scrolling" ON? If it is, turn it OFF.

I've heard of this thing rendering horribly before which might be what you are seeing.

AHA-Lambda

Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> General
Is "Use smooth scrolling" ON? If it is, turn it OFF.

I've heard of this thing rendering horribly before which might be what you are seeing.

Tried that just now, it's now off, but the issue persists. I'm convinced now it's Firefox and not the actual PC cos this doesn't seem to happen on Chrome or Edge.
I don't understand why this has only started to happen today, it's just annoying =/

Annubis

Tried that just now, it's now off, but the issue persists. I'm convinced now it's Firefox cos this doesn't seem to happen on Chrome or Edge.
I don't understand why this has only started to happen today =/

Turn off the hardware one too just for testing (or ON I guess if it was)

Dr Dogg

Could be just Firefox or a combination of that and the drivers you're on now. Chrome used to stutter like crazy a while back.

Catherine PC when? :( Atlus plz. Plz Atlus. I want to crank those assets up past 1080p.

I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet seeing as there was a 360 version and Deep Silver, lover of all things PC, published it in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom