• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

what?

1zekc3.png

and these are random as hell and no AA

that shit is whack

regardless that's a terrible FF screenshot to judge graphics. doesnt even look direct feed

Totally worth the preorder for "The Birdcage" Alone. Looks amazing.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Sky Mercenaries -- MB-ABEFA104609A39A3 - Taken by Sarcasm

Salsa

do you guys not get em resized automatically? like to fit your screen?

I cant remember if that's GAF by default or some extension I have

but ok

def sim

Quoting images makes me have to drag it onto another tab to resize them.
LLShC.gif

A friend of mine had a chance to play the build they have been showing and the most important part of what he said was this.

And it pleases me greatly.
Especially since so many Souls 3 threads since the leak have been plagued with "I hope it plays like Bloodborne herp derp". Keeping them separate is the right way and I'm happy they are doing exactly that.

I'm happy to hear that. I'd hate for them to be different in name only and Bloodborne just so happens to be a different enough thing that I don't like as much.

Yeah that FF XV screenshot doesn't impress me at all. They're just too blurry.
I've also checked some screens from the website, still blurry and jaggy.
The game is phenomenal in motion though. If there's a thing that Japanese devs do best, it's animation.

zkylon

zkylewd
I played through ep. 1 earlier, i found that the voice acting was rather good but the lip and gesture animations were doing it a disservice, usually understated as opposed to the line delivery.
Though by the end of the ep I had totally forgotten about it
the main characters are all pretty good but some of the supporting ones are hilarious

and i still have issues with the writing but enjoying ep 2 so far if not for the fact that there's spiders in it

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I beat Where is my Heart? today. I liked it at first, but I got tired of the orientation mechanic after ten levels or so. I even skipped level 17 entirely somehow, maybe because I collected enough hearts by that point? I think I gave up trying to get every level's heart medal at level 11 though, because every death took one heart away and it got too tedious. I skipped the 3 bonus levels too, because I was just done with the game by the end.

The story was unexpectedly sad though,
the parents become trees and the kid just peaces out
? It was odd. They were kind of cute, though. The music was relaxing, and the areas looked pretty nice. Platforming was kind of challenging, but mostly because of the orientation mechanic, since I would forget which squares were connected. The different power ups were sort of neat, I liked the deer ancestor the best though, because double jumping is simple to execute.

I'm not sure if I would recommend the game. I guess the fact that I sat down and tried to finish it in one sitting impacted my enjoyment. Maybe if I took it slower, like over the course of days, I would've liked it more. I don't intend to return to it again, in any case. You can get all the achievements without finishing the game, if you're into that.

Yeah that FF XV screenshot doesn't impress me at all. They're just too blurry.
I've also checked some screens from the website, still blurry and jaggy.

The game is phenomenal in motion though. If there's a thing that Japanese devs do best, it's animation.
It does look blurry in your pic. Weird. I watched the malboro trailer on Gamersyde and found it looking very sharp. Maybe it is the good animation fooling me.
l-o-l

MUnited83

For you.
I saw this on SteamDB and thought ValuSoft's game had found its way back to the store until I noticed the app id. This is going to be annoying:

Two games that should have the exact same name but don't.

Taking pages from:
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? Special Editions
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: Special Editions

Still find it amusing lol

fertygo

Buying Titan Quest from Indie Gala from past recommendation at this thread, any graphic mod I should get?
ModBot said:
Instructions for fertygo:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (fertygo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut -- MB-C2A7339A9DD85A2E - Taken by Erheller. 4 entrants total.

t1439435245z1.png

Deitus

I just spent like an hour trying to log into Steam, only to have it force me to input my password after every attempt, even though I have it save my password, which got really annoying after the 50th time.

I finally manage to log in, and I get a little popup telling me Steam has an update.

General

• Fixed choosing “Retry” on connection issues dialog to retry immediately without losing saved credentials and requiring you to re-type your password

Figures.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How's Mad Max the game looking? On foot combat looks a lot like Batman but I don't know what to say about vehicle yet...

There's a bit of vehicle-on-vehicle shenanigans in the Gamescom gameplay videos. It's not just a matter of ramming/shooting at one until it dies; you can also use the harpoon to pull vehicles apart, which seems fun. Since the game releases a day before The Phantom Pain, I'll probably work my way through it before moving on to the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom