• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

Metal Gear Solid V being 199BR on Nuuvem too is almost a bigger disappointment than the batman fiasco

will hunt for a cheap Nvidia code maybe I guess

Ozium

tradingcard
tradingcard
tradingcard
Cards Alert
tradingcard
tradingcard
tradingcard

Mind: Path to Thalamus got cards.

Looks like MGSV TPP is selling decently on Steam for now. If we take into account preorders on Steam gives you a Ground Zeroes copy and that since it's available on preorder, GZ gain 20k more owners... I guess it safe to claim these are related to TPP sales. (Not sure if it's the right place to discuss that though).

Popstar

Yes, it's the one about disabled girls, so many feelings... A play through is around 8 hours I think, I played it a while ago, but totally worth it.

Thanks. I remember seeing some positive impressions here so I'll assume I'm not being trolled.

I'd recommend both Sakura Spirit and Long Live the Queen. The former so you can see why people hold VNs in utter contempt, and the latter because it's really good.

I kinda expect it to not really be my thing but I want to give the genre a chance. Deliberately hate playing something doesn't really fit with that.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
eeeeehh thinkin $20ish

otherwise I can wait probably

I mean I'll be playin Arkham Knight right

tppru8ksr5.jpg

It's actually 1199 RUB on Yuplay.ru, too, and there's no RU-specific sub. Availability is limited to Russians, but if you ask Tenrius nicely...

Edit: Oh, wait, there is now as of two weeks ago and it's region-locked up the wazoo. Oh well.

Salsa

And why is that? I'm pretty sure people in here have played through it just fine.

pretty sure you've seen the videos when I posted them here or in the performance thread

the game turns into a slideshow after a few minutes of playing. Like literally a slideshow, 2-3fps for 10 seconds or sow

plenty of videos on youtube of the same thing, plenty of complaining and it's expected to be fixed with the patch

but keep with your WB shitty ports justifications YA BUTT 💩

Looks like MGSV TPP is selling decently on Steam for now. If we take into account preorders on Steam gives you a Ground Zeroes copy and that since it's available on preorder, GZ gain 20k more owners... I guess it safe to claim these are related to TPP sales. (Not sure if it's the right place to discuss that though).

I'm guessing that we won't see GZ on sale at least until TPP released, right?
Owning TPP without GZ is kinda weird, and I missed it on the summer sale. Not enough wallet. ._.

Hektor

So The Force Unleashed 2 was at least an improvement... in the gameplay and graphics department. Everything else, meh.

Also I finished it in one sitting so there's that.

I bought that game day1 because i enjoyed the first game despite its issues. You should've seen my face when the credits started rolling.

I really enjoyed the first one. Im approving of this sequel.

Does your steam download had chance to be corrupted if interrupted by electric blackout? -___________-

fucking 3rd world country man...

I dont think so, but even if it would, just continue and if you cant install/play the game, just verify the files.

I'm guessing that we won't see GZ on sale at least until TPP released, right?
Owning TPP without GZ is kinda weird, and I missed it on the summer sale. Not enough wallet. ._.

Considering it's gifted with TPP, maybe not. I'm not sure if Nvidia codes qualify for the gift... but if it does, I'd gladly give you my GZ copy.

zkylon

zkylewd
so far so good on lis ep2

finding 5 bottles was dumb but rest of the ep is pretty fun and there's some good choices to make that are pretty fun to play out twice and whatnot

the writing is hella silly tho

pretty sure you've seen the videos when I posted them here or in the performance thread

the game turns into a slideshow after a few minutes of playing. Like literally a slideshow, 2-3fps for 10 seconds or sow

plenty of videos on youtube of the same thing, plenty of complaining and it's expected to be fixed with the patch

Seems I must've really hurt your feelings when I told you to stop talking out of your ass, buddy. Sorry about that, truly I am.

My point in saying "can't you play it now?" is that I saw a lot of screenshots in my feed after it's release, especially after that first patch. So I was under the impression that people were actually able to play it, y'know, even if it wasn't optimal, just like Ricochet here did... .

Newegg gave me an MGS V code for free because of the Arkham Knight fiasco so I was very happy. Especially given I was able to beat AK.

Oh well, now you have more time to play RL while learning to be Argentinian.

By the way people, there's something I've been wondering. I know there's a way to boot your computer directly on Steam Big Picture Mode, without even seeing Windows UI.. but I wonder if there's a way to choose that on your computer start up.

As choosing on Startup if I want to boot on Windows classic explorer or Steam BPM.

Hektor

so far so good on lis ep2

finding 5 bottles was dumb but rest of the ep is pretty fun and there's some good choices to make that are pretty fun to play out twice and whatnot

the writing is hella silly tho

THERE IS A BONFIRE SPOT WHERE PEOPLE PARTY AROUND HERE.

Salsa

Seems I must've really hurt your feelings when I told you to stop talking out of your ass, buddy. Sorry about that, truly I am.

My point in saying "can't you play it now?" is that I saw a lot of screenshots in my feed after it's release, especially after that first patch. So I was under the impression that people were actually able to play it, y'know, even if it wasn't optimal, just like Ricochet here did... .

Oh well, now you have more time to play RL while learning to be Argentinian.

lol im just kidding dummy

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Hmm. This has great reviews but doesn't seem like it would be a good introduction to VNs since according to the reviews it has a single linear path.

Thanks for the recommendation tho.

Well there are all types of VNs split up by genre (horror, mystery, love sim, historic, etc...), gameplay elements, branching paths etc... Ones without choices are Kinetic or Sound Novels.

So tell me what kinda of genre do you normally like in things and we can go from there!

Pachimari

I think I might decide to sell my PS3 and PS4 collection today eek. The last consoles I own but I figure it is more important to have a little savings and keep paying off my debt.

Back to Final Fantasy XIV eek!

[edit]
Hmm, I might keep the PS4. I need that FIFA fix daily.

Is FIFA the same on PC as on PS4 now?
Or are they still slightly different?

Hmm. This has great reviews but doesn't seem like it would be a good introduction to VNs since according to the reviews it has a single linear path.

Thanks for the recommendation tho.

It depends what kind of stories you like. A VN is like a book. There are lots of genres to choose from and, compared to books, even the amount of gameplay they offer. Some are just "books with images and sounds" you read. Others have actual gameplay like the Eushully or alicesoft Games (though they are hentai-games ;))

Well there are all types of VNs split up by genre (horror, mystery, love sim, historic, etc...), gameplay elements, branching paths etc... Ones without choices are Kinetic or Sound Novels.

So tell me what kinda of genre do you normally like in things and we can go from there!

Nice avatar ! wait, is that a knife? D:

BHK3

Banned
Does anyone know if buying TYPE-0 HD on GmG still gives you the dota items? I assume it's just a pre-order key and when steam sees that they reward you the items.

Sioen

I just bought kotor 2 from steam which said it had native 1080p now. But when I boot it up it's a zoomed in screen and i can only go to 1366x768. Any ideas?

I bought Metro 2033Redux and Last Light during that weekend sale a few weeks ago.

Holy hell, why have I never played this? I'm loving the story and atmosphere.

Sch1sm

I bought Metro 2033Redux and Last Light during that weekend sale a few weeks ago.

Holy hell, why have I never played this? I'm loving the story and atmosphere.

Going to assume you're currently going through
my personal favourite
2033. Some of the lighting changes could have been done without, as in they were better on the original, but I agree. Plus, the changes to the weapon system in Redux were great.

I found Last Light Redux didn't have that compelling an atmosphere, maybe because of how easy it was to come across ammo. Took away from the survival aspect. Could just be me.

Dr Dogg

If Rocket League is just doing DLC that adds new shit that is purely cosmetic but adds gameplay additions for nowt then I highly, highly approve of this model.

[edit]
Hmm, I might keep the PS4. I need that FIFA fix daily.

Is FIFA the same on PC as on PS4 now?
Or are they still slightly different?

Pretty much like for like with arbitrary resolution and framerate available on PC (usual external tools to lock things down if needed as the game is lightweight as you like) but it has a tiny community compared to the console versions. FUT was pretty much dead in about a couple of months of 15's release and if you play Pro Clubs then there isn't a massive amount of peeps outside your mates. So bear that in mind although you can grab 16 for a bit cheaper compared to the PS4 version so there's that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom