• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

There's nothing strange about Hitman's release. It's a normal $60 package and then you'll get additional content for a year. That's it really.

AHA-Lambda

There's nothing strange about Hitman's release. It's a normal $60 package and then you'll get additional content for a year. That's it really.

My main concern with it is we don't know what we're getting at launch, how substantial that will be, and how much is it come after; we don't know how long it will take to "finish".

It really sounds like a combo of EA and episodic.

You did this? Neat. Shinkawa's metal gear drawings are also very beautiful.

I've always loved it. So stylized and just bleeding coolness. The striking 60s-style long-legged and sleek poses always reminded me of James Bond (unpopular opinion:
Roger Moore is the best James Bond.
) which I think really lent itself to the series immensely.

I was spoiled by picking up the Yoshitaka Amano art of Final Fantasy book on a serious Amazon price mistake or discount for, honestly, too cheap. Now, I really want a Shinkawa Metal Gear art book but I want it for totally unrealistic prices.

Vuze

Why aren't people excited for big AAA games gaiz???

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-08-13-video-wheres-the-hype-for-these-huge-games

Simples EG:
No one gives a fuck about AC anymore.
Hitman has a strange release model.
Deus Ex I admit I'm stumped though, that's my most anticipated for next year =/
I feel the same way. While I'm looking forward to Deus Ex and Hitman, I'm not really hyped for them, more like "yeah, I'll probably pick them up at a discount a few weeks after launch". AssCreed fell into my "bleh whatever" category ages ago. The backlash after release is always fun tho :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The game will murder your CPU, which in turn will force you to buy into Skylake.

Skylake Schmylake. It'll be Broadwell-E for me. 6+6 cores (I assume the 8+8 configuration be limited to the top-of-the-line 7960X) at 4.4GHz or so should last me quite a while.

I'm not sure that's easy, it's like saying "breathe!" and calling it an easy task.

Well, breathing is easy!

With a little tweaking it can live up to the hype. As is I'm liking what I'm seeing, really wanna play as
Ryu, Nash, Bipson, Claw, Necalli, Birdie

Hahaha, Dictator as Bipson. :lol

Yeah, I think Nash and Claw are the only 2 of your list I give a damn about.
It's all about Ken for me right now. Still hoping for Juri amongst others (Cody!)...

I really dislike the artistic/visual design of Necalli.

Can we get another reveal already? (When is the next reveal?)

Dr Dogg

mufUHTd.png

MsHgBv9.png

CceGTIE.png
MKYsvEB.png

FsdrVgI.png
W3KSASB.png

Works surprisingly better opposing each other than I thought it would (we a teeny bit of plagiarism)

Skylake Schmylake. It'll be Broadwell-E for me. 6+6 cores (I assume the 8+8 configuration be limited to the top-of-the-line 7960X) at 4.4GHz or so should last me quite a while.

Well if you follow what goes on in the Xeon world it might not be outside the realm of possibility that a 7630K ends up being 8 core 16 thread as the latest batch of E5 CPUs were 6+6 (E5 2620), 8+8 (E5 2630) and 8+8 (E5 2650) plus a load of bonkers ones outside the reach of what gets culled for the enthusiast platform.

Tizoc

Hahaha, Dictator as Bipson. :lol

Yeah, I think Nash and Claw are the only 2 of your list I give a damn about.
It's all about Ken for me right now. Still hoping for Juri amongst others (Cody!)...

I really dislike the artistic/visual design of Necalli.

Can we get another reveal already? (When is the next reveal?)

Oh and Ken too!

Only reason I'm not interested in Chun and Cammy atm is cuz their movelist doesn't interest me. Chun for example is quite simplified now but I'd need to play her to see if she'd interest me or not.

Next reveal is either end of the month or during TGS.

So Binary Domain is finally done. It has some filler sections in there and i would've shaved off about 2 hours of the game myself but it's still fun. Almost every segment feels like it's just barely too long for its own good.

Also, didn't know that building trust with your teammates would affect how the ending plays out. I lost
big bo
in the final fight and
the french robot cain
just disappeared in my story but i found out that the first character will survive and instead you'll lose the second character depending on your trust levels. Huh.

I really liked how you could swap characters in the game and the story and cutscenes play out naturally with whatever combination you have. They mustve recorded a bunch of dialogue that most players wont see the first time around. Impressive

I've always loved it. So stylized and just bleeding coolness. The striking 60s-style long-legged and sleek poses always reminded me of James Bond (unpopular opinion:
Roger Moore is the best James Bond.
) which I think really lent itself to the series immensely.

I was spoiled by picking up the Yoshitaka Amano art of Final Fantasy book on a serious Amazon price mistake or discount for, honestly, too cheap. Now, I really want a Shinkawa Metal Gear art book but I want it for totally unrealistic prices.

So good.
That is impossible. Unless they want to release Dying Light 2 in +5 years, it absolutely will have to work on consoles.
So Binary Domain is finally done. It has some filler sections in there and i would've shaved off about 2 hours of the game myself but it's still fun. Almost every segment feels like it's just barely too long for its own good.

Also, didn't know that building trust with your teammates would affect how the ending plays out. I lost
big bo
in the final fight and
the french robot cain
just disappeared in my story but i found out that the first character will survive and instead you'll lose the second character depending on your trust levels. Huh.

I really liked how you could swap characters in the game and the story and cutscenes play out naturally with whatever combination you have. They mustve recorded a bunch of dialogue that most players wont see the first time around. Impressive
Nice to hear you had fun with. Reminds me that I still need to watch alternate endings and cutscenes on Youtube.

rtcn63

is the underage AI the new 1000 year old dragon

I've noticed that AI's in shows/films are often shown to age super fast. (child to full-on adulthood in a matter of hours/days) If they have human avatars, anyways.

Also what if the AI is downloaded into a 1000 year-old dragon?

This Friday we are playing Killing Floor 2 on Euro game night, murricans are welcome too.

It only has up to 6 player coop so seats will be limited, but I'm not sure how many people will actually have the game.

header.jpg

1 - NingenJanai
2 - Maniac
3 - derExperte
4 - corrosivefrost
5 - ricochetguro
6 - Spirited
7 - freshveggie
8 - Roboleon
9 - Se7enSword
10 - The Dear Leader
11 - Black Soma
12 - Sch1sm
13 - Sokka
14 -
15 -
16 -

t1439578800z0.png

tumblr_nso3o6GEFi1qz64n4o1_500.gif

Nice to hear you had fun with. Reminds me that I still need to watch alternate endings and cutscenes on Youtube.

Truthfully, the ending where
Big Bo
dies is a lot better than the one where he lives. The one where he lives seems to be an afterthought in comparison. I got more out of the game with the character passing away like a badass than just being a footnote in the almost-everyone-survives ending.

Truthfully, the ending where
Big Bo
dies is a lot better than the one where he lives. The one where he lives seems to be an afterthought in comparison. I got more out of the game with the character passing away like a badass than just being a footnote in the almost-everyone-survives ending.
Where did he die on your game? There are two options I think. One at
the "dog"
and one at the
final boss
trying to save
Faye.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Well if you follow what goes on in the Xeon world it might not be outside the realm of possibility that a 7630K ends up being 8 core 16 thread as the latest batch of E5 CPUs were 6+6 (E5 2620), 8+8 (E5 2630) and 8+8 (E5 2650) plus a load of bonkers ones outside the reach of what gets culled for the enthusiast platform.

Here's hoping. I wouldn't mind forking over a further ~$300 for the 7930K if it's 8+8.

I finished the game last night as well. 128 hours over the course of almost 3 months. The game had quite a few minor annoyances and technical issues but on the whole it's easily one of the best games I've played in almost 25 years of gaming. The ending I got was
Cirilla becomes Empress of Nilfgaard. I thought it was a fitting ending because after all, as Geralt put it, she was born into greatness. It was time to let the swallow fly free. As a bonus, I got to murder Dijikstra in my playthrough.

I watched all the endings on Youtube and they all seemed really well done. Even the one where she supposedly dies... we don't know that for sure. It's entirely possible that she chose that moment to disappear.

I know it's cheesy but I really, really hope she makes a cameo in Cyberpunk.
It's a truly amazing game guys. Everyone should play it. And everyone who started it should finish it! (looking at you Salsa, Dogg etc.)
Witcher 3 spoilers:
i also looked up the endings and i agree, if she survived the other 2 endings i doubt she died in the bad ending as well, like you said, probably chose that moment to become a ghost since she didnt feel at home with anyone. Im happy ciri didnt become the empress in my playthrough cause its clear that she didnt want that, she wanted to be free, fuck destiny, let her do what she wants. She saved the world from the white frost, she did her part. Also i totally didnt think of that cameo but its entirety possible since she can hop around and shit, that would be soooooo cool! They dont own the rights to her tho, right? Either way the npcs can imply she was there with maybe a child going like "ma, i saw a ashen haired woman and a man in a mask go inside some portal, i swear!"

Now im expecting a reference at most and im going to be upset if it doesnt happens, thank a lot >_>

Knurek

Pooh, and here I thought I'd be able to play Witcher 3 in 1080p60.
No dice, even on the lowest settings, 100% CPU usage and frequent drops into 50s.
Oh well, absolute 33.3 ms of frametime on mix of High/Ultra+Hairworks... I can live with that, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom