• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sober

I bought that game day1 because i enjoyed the first game despite its issues. You should've seen my face when the credits started rolling.
Were there production issues or it was rushed out or something? Cause damn if that game actually felt less substantive than a typical Call of Duty 4 or later campaign, and those are short, but at least they go hard for those 4-5 hours.

I feel like I went into 4 locations (and a semi-repeat) over the course of TFU2. Jesus H Christ.

I also never really played a God of War-like (which I assume TFU is) not counting Marlow Briggs. Shit, Marlow Briggs was actually slightly longer than this too. Is God of War style combat really this crappy? And this is coming from someone who probably can't handle DMC4 combat (I even button-mashed most of DmC).

Probably a month before the release or a couple of weeks.

60 dollars with stripped features as usual.

11274146.jpg

I just bought kotor 2 from steam which said it had native 1080p now. But when I boot it up it's a zoomed in screen and i can only go to 1366x768. Any ideas?

I've yet to install it prior the big update, but have you tried using borderless window or just windowed mode?
You might want to try browsing this thread to seek some insights as well.

Arthea

Long Live the Queen is a VN, just because a game is good doesn't mean it can't be VN too, seriously...

Less than 2 months until the release date.
Where's the store page, TECMO?
I didn't even know this is coming to steam! That's great! otoh... kecmo... they'll screw it over easily.

edited: I wouldn't recommend LLTQ to someone completely new to the genre, tho, can be a tad too much, I also think Narcissu is good way to try it out, being good and free.

Dr Dogg

The Force Unleashed was kind of a semi-self-contained (non canon) side story that was meant to make some unholy marriage of the the prequel trilogy to the original. Plus in the canon ending
the dude dies
(pretty much does in the Dark Side ending but that sets up the what if Hoth DLC). Then with LucasArts pretty much giving everyone on development the chop it's hard to imagine how The Force Unleashed 2 became a thing. They even pulled out "but he's a clone" card too, urgh.

fertygo

Is Darksiders Franchise pack that currently on Indigala Worth the money?

Or just buy the game separately, not sure I want those Darksiders 2 DLC

BTW would I get Deadly Premonition again buying with same account?

Is Darksiders Franchise pack that currently on Indigala Worth the money?

Or just buy the game separately, not sure I want those Darksiders 2 DLC

BTW would I get Deadly Premonition again buying with same account?

The Darksiders 2 DLCs dont add anything significant and, to me, felt totally short. I finished all 3 of them in under 1 hour IIRC.

Sober

The Force Unleashed was kind of a semi-self-contained (non canon) side story that was meant to make some unholy marriage of the the prequel trilogy to the original. Plus in the canon ending
the dude dies
(pretty much does in the Dark Side ending but that sets up the what if Hoth DLC). Then with LucasArts pretty much giving everyone on development the chop it's hard to imagine how The Force Unleashed 2 became a thing. They even pulled out "but he's a clone" card too, urgh.

Star Wars old EU is hilarious, I assume the plot to TFU2 was to explain why in the EU there were jedi/sith clones in the EU. Kinda like how someone actually had to make an EU explanation for why stormtroopers were always missing vs. clone troopers that could actually shoot straight.

That's what I realized Star Wars fans are probably very terrible, or at least the old EU catered to them hand and foot.

Salsa

ok so idk what the fuck just happened

I bought the Rocket League DLC but the purchase didnt seem to go through

but now it says I own the game

but on activity my acquiring it never showed up

and now the DLC shows as "Not Installed"

gZEU7Aq.png

but IT DID download it just now

.. but its not in my game. and now it's live on everyone's. except mine

I cannot change that "Not Installed" state cause there;s no way to. It's automatic with DLC

I cant buy the game again cause I already own it. I cant get it gifted either

what the flying fuck do I do I stayed up for this and its 5am oh my god

ok I fixed it. I had a "PENDING PURCHASE" and I cancelled it

that has literally never happened before

Going to assume you're currently going through
my personal favourite
2033. Some of the lighting changes could have been done without, as in they were better on the original, but I agree. Plus, the changes to the weapon system in Redux were great.

I found Last Light Redux didn't have that compelling an atmosphere, maybe because of how easy it was to come across ammo. Took away from the survival aspect. Could just be me.

Yep, just got past the area with
the lightphobic scorpion things, I wasted so much ammo before realizing the light was killing them...

I'm loving it so far... thanks for the heads up about Last Light. I'll check my expectations at the door.

I just bought kotor 2 from steam which said it had native 1080p now. But when I boot it up it's a zoomed in screen and i can only go to 1366x768. Any ideas?

Dunno... I'm playing it at 21:9 2560X1080@75 no issues.

Dr Dogg

Ooooh Anno 1701 and 1503 just got released on GOG.

Star Wars old EU is hilarious, I assume the plot to TFU2 was to explain why in the EU there were jedi/sith clones in the EU. Kinda like how someone actually had to make an EU explanation for why stormtroopers were always missing vs. clone troopers that could actually shoot straight.

That's what I realized Star Wars fans are probably very terrible, or at least the old EU catered to them hand and foot.

I think the high point for the Expanded Universe stuff was the Timothy Zahn novels but then again that might be because I lost a good few years to TIE Fighter that anything with Thrawl in it gets a thumbs up from me. I if remember right there was some good Boba Fett/Mandalorian stuff in there but hey it's all non canon now. I'm pretty sure when that was announced that a millions of nerds suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced,.

Pachimari

If Rocket League is just doing DLC that adds new shit that is purely cosmetic but adds gameplay additions for nowt then I highly, highly approve of this model.

Pretty much like for like with arbitrary resolution and framerate available on PC (usual external tools to lock things down if needed as the game is lightweight as you like) but it has a tiny community compared to the console versions. FUT was pretty much dead in about a couple of months of 15's release and if you play Pro Clubs then there isn't a massive amount of peeps outside your mates. So bear that in mind although you can grab 16 for a bit cheaper compared to the PS4 version so there's that as well.
I only play Online Seasons. Maybe there will be enough players?

Now I'm not sure if I should sell my PS3 and PS4.

Arthea

Fairy Fencer has unexpected difficulty spike and I like how a game makes a joke out of it, it's kinda spoiler, so I won't say what it is, but it is one mean joke.

after 80 LOOOOOOOONG hours i finally beat witcher 3!!!!!!!! I really like the ending I got (spoilers ahead):
ciri faked her death and became a witcher, geralt settled down and lived with Triss, the black ones dipped and left everyone alone, as far as I can tell the sorceresses are left b
, honestly completely satisfied with my ending, have no issue with it at all. what ending did you guys get?

I finished the game last night as well. 128 hours over the course of almost 3 months. The game had quite a few minor annoyances and technical issues but on the whole it's easily one of the best games I've played in almost 25 years of gaming. The ending I got was
Cirilla becomes Empress of Nilfgaard. I thought it was a fitting ending because after all, as Geralt put it, she was born into greatness. It was time to let the swallow fly free. As a bonus, I got to murder Dijikstra in my playthrough.

I watched all the endings on Youtube and they all seemed really well done. Even the one where she supposedly dies... we don't know that for sure. It's entirely possible that she chose that moment to disappear.

I know it's cheesy but I really, really hope she makes a cameo in Cyberpunk.
It's a truly amazing game guys. Everyone should play it. And everyone who started it should finish it! (looking at you Salsa, Dogg etc.)

Dr Dogg

's a truly amazing guys. Everyone should play it. And everyone who started it should finish it! (looking at you Salsa, Dogg etc.)

I've put it to the side for so long that I think I need to hunt down all those recap cutscenes on YouTube up to the point of where I am just to get a story refresher. Still downloaded 1.08 now after you pestering me :)p) and everything appears to be working as normal so I guess I'll get back on it at the weekend.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

qzNSxgo.jpg
Goat Simulator (iOS) -- MB-E004D285602DCA40

Arthea

The title is twisting his words though and all IGN has written is pretty much in the PCgamer article posted here earlier.

Just looked at that comment section, someone give me some eye bleach ;_;

too late, it'll haunt you in your sleepless dark nights

Slow day at work.

http://i.imgur.com/8ezetM4.png[/im]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/CT75uo0.png[/im]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/56ku53P.png[/im]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/Z6dv9lb.png[/im]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/e4GhvQv.png[/im][/QUOTE]
You did this? Neat. Shinkawa's metal gear drawings are also very beautiful.

Arthea

I'm real hyped for the new deus ex game, seems like a good upgrade from the last game.

That trailer of theirs surely was nice

I tried to think what I am hyped about, and I think I even got over my No Man's Sky hype, which was rather significant, I still want a game, but I no longer expect it to be the best thing ever.

edited: I'll be back to hyped state the moment we get Trails SC release date, or/and TC announcement, tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom