• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.O.R.D

another ori question

how to open this door thing ?
C9699A37BA3A821FA56952AABB3FE5EDB6BFF9EC

Weird I've never heard of it :/

Also weird that Mad Max is just so damn low :/

nothing weird about it, people are hesitant in regards to WB PC releases after two consecutive clusterfucks in MKX and B:AK (which still hasn't been fully patched or is even being sold at the moment) and it releases on the same day as MGSV.

Even i, a huge Just Cause 2 and Renegade Ops fan, someone who thinks Fury Road is a top 5 action movie of all time, even i'm like naw i'll wait.

AHA-Lambda

nothing weird about it, people are hesitant in regards to WB PC releases after two consecutive clusterfucks in MKX and B:AK (which still hasn't been fully patched or is even being sold at the moment) and it releases on the same day as MGSV.

Even i, a huge Just Cause 2 and Renegade Ops fan, someone who thinks Fury Road is a top 5 action movie of all time, even i'm like naw i'll wait.

Too true, I loved Fury Road and at that price I'd give it a shot but it's out on the same day as mgs 5 :/

yuraya

another ori question

Yougotta find a lever some place in that area and/or but stomp a switch of some kind.

Can't remember for sure.

Levers are usually close by but kinda hidden.

Edit: Also that may be an exit and not an entrance. So you won't be able to open it unless you enter from some other place.

another ori question

If you can't bomb it open, then it's a door that only opens with a lever type thing, which means it's likely the exit to a hidden area, if I remember the general flow of Ori. I can't specifically recall that screen offhand though, so take this with a grain of salt or eight.

Dr Dogg

Mad Max is essentially being sent out to die. Poor promotion even at trade shows and launching in the shadow of MGSV (a don't think moving the release date to a day earlier is going to help somewhat) so consider this pricing sale pricing before it's even out. I won't be surprised if it's 50-60% off come Winter Seal time regardless of the quality of the game or PC version.

Here's hoping. I wouldn't mind forking over a further ~$300 for the 7930K if it's 8+8.

D'oh! That's the second time in the space of a month I've mixed up my 6's and 9's. Only this time I didn't smack my golf ball out the back of the green by 50 odd yards.

Jawmuncher

I'm waiting for that 10 dollar mad max. That and to hear if it has a actual story campaign. Im still bitter over what they pulled on me with JC2.

jaw, you can't say story matters when you're the world's biggest dino crisis fan.

some things you gotta let go, like a cohesive and well written narrative in a game about parachuting across the land and grapple hooking onto airship night clubs

AHA-Lambda

I'm waiting for that 10 dollar mad max. That and to hear if it has a actual story campaign. Im still bitter over what they pulled on me with JC2.

This is a fair point too, give me an actual campaign please. JC3 better not pull the same shit.

Actually, more so the lack of footage and promotion is worrying.
Heck, WB isn't stuffing it full of DLC and season passes either, might say something.

Jawmuncher

jaw, you can't say story matters when you're the world's biggest dino crisis fan.

some things you gotta let go, like a cohesive and well written narrative in a game about parachuting across the land and grapple hooking onto airship night clubs

It's not the story per se, but I'm just not big on just screw around until we tell you other wise. If JC2 would have just been crazy missions throughout I would have been all for it. I gave up when I had to cause more chaos after the first or 2nd main mission

I know the argument there is you can make your own crazy missions. But I'm not that creative.

It's not the story per se, but I'm just not big on just screw around until we tell you other wise. If JC2 would have just been crazy missions throughout I would have been all for it. I gave up when I had to cause more chaos after the first or 2nd main mission

I know the argument there is you can make your own crazy missions. But I'm not that creative.

then it seems like your complaint is more related to its structure, which i agree is a bit of a bummer. Games should never devolve into do-side-quests-until-you-hit-X-number-then-the-game-will-continue type of campaigns, like how Gat out of Hell did things. It's just that I enjoyed JC2 so much that i forgive this grievous error in game design since I loved fucking around in that world.

Mad Max £17.49/$27.32 on Funstock Digital with code AUG-COUPRED-PRE30. That's 50% off. Pre-order. 50% off. Have they shown the PC version gameplay?

All these pre-order offers really should be raising alarm signals.

Played the game for a bit. There doesn't seem to be much (or any) depth to it. You just keep on building more rooms and tapping periodically to gather resources. The Fallout theme is nice of course but it's not very different from any other mobile builder.

Mad Max £17.49/$27.32 on Funstock Digital with code AUG-COUPRED-PRE30. That's 50% off. Pre-order. 50% off. Have they shown the PC version gameplay?

I got Arkham Knight for a 50% preorder too. I'll wait.

Megaton. Fallout Shelter is available on Android now too.

Game is not compatible with Android 5.0. Galaxy Note 3 am cry :(
Hm, it's supposed to work on +4.0 but it's not showing in my store. Gotta wait until it's unlocked. Looks fun.

Downloading now. Thanks!

Played the game for a bit. There doesn't seem to be much (or any) depth to it. You just keep on building more rooms and tapping periodically to gather resources. The Fallout theme is nice of course but it's not very different from any other mobile builder.
Aw, shame. What they showed at their E3 show looked fun and they explicitly said no in-app purchases will be needed.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Eron -- MB-DC90958A125BF935 - Taken by NingenJanai
Vintage Year -- MB-DAD13051605DDD60 - Taken by Sarcasm
Musclecar Online -- MB-73B04EC1492AE5FB - Taken by crazyrabbits
Ballpoint Universe Infinite -- MB-A44410E845C42AA4 - Taken by Blizniak

Jawmuncher

then it seems like your complaint is more related to its structure, which i agree is a bit of a bummer. Games should never devolve into do-side-quests-until-you-hit-X-number-then-the-game-will-continue type of campaigns, like how Gat out of Hell did things. It's just that I enjoyed JC2 so much that i forgive this grievous error in game design since I loved fucking around in that world.

Yep that nails it, really dislike that style.

Confused by what you mean. What did Just Cause 2 do?

Freedom elaborated on what I meant.

Aw, shame. What they showed at their E3 show looked fun and they explicitly said no in-app purchases will be needed.

From what I played it doesn't seem like you'll need in-app purchases. You can buy "lunchboxes" (starting at 1 for $1 going up to 40 for $20) and those give you random cards which can give you money, weapons, resources or new characters. None of these seem like they'll be a limiting factor as you play through it.

It just feels like any other mobile builder game where you make a room, wait for it to generate resources, tap on it when the resources are created to 'collect' them and then wait again. I personally don't get much entertainment from such games, that's all.

Freedom elaborated on what I meant.

I actually just saw that. I see what you mean now. I guess why that doesn't bug me is because I barely play these "Open World do X stuff" games. So Just Cause 2, just causing havoc with its very loose plot was a treat for me. Other than GTA I don't play a lot of Open World since well, they kind of bore me or I would get burned out on them, much like people who play Assassin's Creed every year would I assume. Basically I am with Freedom on why I liked it, it was basically the only open world that wasn't GTA that I had fun messing around in.

Totally get what you mean though. Sure I would be up for an actual story this time.

So, you must've loved SR and SR2 then with the "brilliant" Respect system being required to unlock story missions. :lol

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Megaton. Fallout Shelter is available on Android now too.

Game is not compatible with Android 5.0. Galaxy Note 3 am cry :(
Hm, it's supposed to work on +4.0 but it's not showing in my store. Gotta wait until it's unlocked. Looks fun.

I made a three room living quarter with a harem, I send in women that isn't pregnant and out comes pregnant women that I force to work in the places the other women that isn't pregnant yet worked in, this game makes me evil.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
My Football Manager collection is now complete (well, as complete as possible):

fm2013krebsv7.jpg
fm2014kroqseq.jpg

I'm not sure if there's a Korean version of 2015. The game was released in Korea and Korean isn't listed as a supported language on the store page, however as far as SteamDB is concerned a Korean-specific app doesn't exist. If there is one and it's playable, then the app is still private and retail keys are tied to a sub with a release state override, but that's a pretty strange way to go about things.

Edit: Korean is listed as an achievement language, so I'm leaning towards "No" and Sega having dropped Korean language support in the game proper.

fm2013krebsv7.jpg
fm2014kroqseq.jpg

I'm not sure if there's a Korean version of 2015. The game was released in Korea and Korean isn't listed as a supported language on the store page, however as far as SteamDB is concerned a Korean-specific app doesn't exist. If there is one and it's playable, then the app is still private and retail keys are tied to a sub with a release state override, but that's a pretty strange way to go about things.

Edit: Korean is listed as an achievement language, so I'm leaning towards "No" and Sega having dropped Korean language support in the game proper.

Huh, that's a weird achievement to have. Also, congrats!

I actually liked what they had to show for Mad Max at Gamescom and don't mind the "Shadow of Batman's Creed" (aka same ole same ole) feel since I like those games. Totally understand why others wouldn't have the same opinion though. Plus with Avalanche handling all versions of the game I'm not scared to see how the PC version turns out. If they had handed it off to someone else I would run away from it as far as I could.

ArjanN

Eh, the requirements for unlocking the story missions are super low anyway in JC2. Basically just blow up stuff while you go along and you can mainline the story easily enough.

From what I played it doesn't seem like you'll need in-app purchases. You can buy "lunchboxes" (starting at 1 for $1 going up to 40 for $20) and those give you random cards which can give you money, weapons, resources or new characters. None of these seem like they'll be a limiting factor as you play through it.

It just feels like any other mobile builder game where you make a room, wait for it to generate resources, tap on it when the resources are created to 'collect' them and then wait again. I personally don't get much entertainment from such games, that's all.
Ah, ok. Nice explanation. How did you like the "breeding" aspect? That does stand out for me.
I made a three room living quarter with a harem, I send in women that isn't pregnant and out comes pregnant women that I force to work in the places the other women that isn't pregnant yet worked in, this game makes me evil.
Haha, you sicko! ;)

Jawmuncher

Eh, the requirements for unlocking the story missions are super low anyway in JC2. Basically just blow up stuff while you go along and you can mainline the story easily enough.

I remember getting stuck because I didn't blow enough up, and I couldn't find more of the red labeled items.

Backlogger

I had the Fallout game on my phone for a day or two (or maybe a week?) and removed it. It gets boring quick IMO. I didn't like running out of things to do because I was waiting on timers and such.

fm2013krebsv7.jpg
fm2014kroqseq.jpg

now you must manage Accrington Stanley, and lead to them to glory by signing Freddy Adu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom