• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaleinc

Banned
yHpy5Jf.jpg

I'm ready.
No, if you were it would read like this:

I'M READY

Ah, ok. Nice explanation. How did you like the "breeding" aspect? That does stand out for me.

I didn't get far enough to see it's effects but mechanically it's not different from anything else you do in the game. Put two people with high agility in your dining rooms and the generate food. Put two people with high charisma in the living quarters and they 'generate' a baby. And you get a +1 to your population I guess.

FloatOn

I just read very positive things about dying light. Is it true that this game is worth a damn after the incredibly crappy dead island. I trust most of your judgment steamgaf.

Jawmuncher

I just read very positive things about dying light. Is it true that this game is worth a damn after the incredibly crappy dead island. I trust most of your judgment steamgaf.

I liked Dead Island well enough, but Dying Light blows it out of the water and then some.
It really is a mix of Mirrors Edge and Dead Island but it all work. Biggest complaint might be that the story isn't too special but it gets the job done.
I wanted to see what happened next and cared about getting to the finale. Also if you didn't like Dead Island because of RPG stuff, it's a bit more light here. RPG stuff is more related to the perks and such you want on the skill tree. You don't really run into i'm too low level to fight this random zombie.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
GeForce Windows 10 Driver
Version 355.60 - WHQL
Release Date Thu Aug 13, 2015
Operating System Windows 10 64-bit
Language English (US)
File Size 279.09 MB

Release Highlights
Just in time for the preview of Ashes of the Singularity, this new GeForce Game Ready driver ensures you'll have the best possible gaming experience. This driver also supports the Beta version of the GameWorks VR software development kit (SDK). As a result, users will be able to enjoy the benefits of GameWorks VR with supporting applications and headsets for the first time.

Game Ready
Best gaming experience for Ashes of the Singularity preview

GameWorks VR Support
Supports Beta release of GameWorks VR SDK, including support for VR SLI, Context Priority, Direct Mode, and Front Buffer Rendering. Learn more at developer.nvidia.com/vr.

FloatOn

I liked Dead Island well enough, but Dying Light blows it out of the water and then some.
It really is a mix of Mirrors Edge and Dead Island but it all work. Biggest complaint might be that the story isn't too special but it gets the job done.
I wanted to see what happened next and cared about getting to the finale. Also if you didn't like Dead Island because of RPG stuff, it's a bit more light here. RPG stuff is more related to the perks and such you want on the skill tree. You don't really run into i'm too low level to fight this random zombie.

good to know. I'll probably pick it up the next time it goes on sale.

Teggy

I am on vacation so I only have access to handhelds. Time to complete Assassins Creed Liberation. The frame rate is so bad in this game I am surprised they were allowed to release it.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Perfectly good title "Something" not being used on Steam. Someone should get on that and grab it. It could be a Bad Rats type for all that it matters, just so you can say you gave "Something on Steam".

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So Valve redesigned the account page recently, so I'm trying to re-engineer Enhanced Steam's "Total Spent on Steam" feature using the new layout and APIs. There were a few quirks in the old page that I'm assuming aren't there anymore but I don't know for sure (since they didn't affect me) and I'm hoping you guys can help me out.

First of all - for people who have made purchases in multiple currencies (aka Valve started supporting your currency after you previously made purchases in USD): does the account history page show purchases made in both currencies? Or did they convert your USD purchases into your native currency? I'm trying to figure out if this page displays two types of currencies or if they've consolidated it into one.

Secondly - the old account page only showed up to 200(?) of the last market transactions on your history page. I've tested this myself and see that I have transactions going back to May 2013 which is probably when I first started using the market. Can anyone else confirm that their market history is complete on the account history page and goes back more than a few years? Preferably someone with a large amount of market transactions can chime in on this.

Thanks all!

Tizoc

New Fresh Prince is...what.
Won't be the same without Mr. Avery as Uncle Phil though :/

Non the less if it's good I'll give it a watch, it doesn't have to be 1:1 the original 80s/90s series.

Anime you say?

Okay. I found this for you.

Isn't this Joker from the Batman Flashpoint story some years ago :p

Pakkidis

So Valve redesigned the account page recently, so I'm trying to re-engineer Enhanced Steam's "Total Spent on Steam" feature using the new layout and APIs. There were a few quirks in the old page that I'm assuming aren't there anymore but I don't know for sure (since they didn't affect me) and I'm hoping you guys can help me out.

First of all - for people who have made purchases in multiple currencies (aka Valve started supporting your currency after you previously made purchases in USD): does the account history page show purchases made in both currencies? Or did they convert your USD purchases into your native currency? I'm trying to figure out if this page displays two types of currencies or if they've consolidated it into one.

Secondly - the old account page only showed up to 200(?) of the last market transactions on your history page. I've tested this myself and see that I have transactions going back to May 2013 which is probably when I first started using the market. Can anyone else confirm that their market history is complete on the account history page and goes back more than a few years? Preferably someone with a large amount of market transactions can chime in on this.

Thanks all!

Using cyberfox 39.0 Here (aka firefox)

1) It does show both currencies for me. US and Canada

2) It loads up some of the transactions. I had to click "load more transactions" and I could see all my transactions from the very beginning (July 2013)

Turfster

Daily Microsoft Flight Simulator X 80% off
Weekend
  • Kalypso Anniversary Sale up to 75% off
  • Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth 50% off FREE WEEKEND
  • Devolver Digital Publisher Weekend up to 90% off

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Using cyberfox 39.0 Here (aka firefox)

1) It does show both currencies for me. US and Canada

2) It loads up some of the transactions. I had to click "load more transactions" and I could see all my transactions from the very beginning (July 2013)

Thanks for the confirmation. :)

Parsnip

Thanks all!

How old is the market to begin with? My history goes back to May 2013 as well, I also didn't interact with the market before cards were introduced. Anything in the transaction history before that are just store actions.
Strangely enough, the oldest action in the history is not the oldest store purchase I have. Oldest in the history is 20th of November, 2008 when I sent Half-Life gift to my brother, but the licenses page has 7 Steam Store purchases before that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom