• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyougar

damn, If Beyond earth wasnt such a turd, I would have bought the dlc without a thought for 8€, but I HAD to think about it and now its too late. Well, not buying, it is.

damn, If Beyond earth wasnt such a turd, I would have bought the dlc without a thought for 8€, but I HAD to think about it and now its too late. Well, not buying, it is.

I thought about that for a moment but then I realised that, with pre-orders, it's possible to shoot first and ask questions later. That is to say, it shouldn't be too hard to get a refund.

Bets on today's HB ;)

Humble Kojima Bundle

Tier One - $1 for Steam keys
Metal Gear
Metal Gear 2
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions

Tier Two - BTA + $5
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (port from Metal Gear Solid HD Collection)
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (port from Metal Gear Solid HD Collection)

Tier Three - $24.99
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (port from Metal Gear Solid HD Collection)
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Jawmuncher

Waiting for that 75% off Hotline Miami 2. Considering how quickly talk of that game fell off the planet compared to the 1st speaks volumes.

zkylon

zkylewd
been playing LiS?

maybe :>

Waiting for that 75% off Hotline Miami 2. Considering how quickly talk of that game fell off the planet compared to the 1st speaks volumes.
well it's not surprising considering how crap that game was compared to the first one :>

should've gone

Humble - Bundle

Tier One - $1 for Steam keys
-

Tier Two - BTA + $5
-

Tier Three - $24.99
-

Hektor

NOOOOO, Why did i miss that. fml.

I dont own the basegame, but still.

900x900px-LL-f4e779aa_Madpanda.gif

i feel like a jerk but every time i look at Shadow Warrior i just think "can't wait till it's in the $1 bundle tier."

We already now that you're are cheapskate, considering what you're willing to pay for freedom.

FloatOn

Wise decision. Hotline Miami 2 had poor level design when compared to the first game.

Dark Souls 2 suffered a similar fate.

Tizoc

Don't do this to yourself :p

BTW guys, Xeodrifter is currently 75% off ($2.5). Just finished a few weeks ago and it's an awesome little Metroidvania, go get it!

I might also get Mutant Mudds Deluxe today (same price).

i'VE HEARD Of that game, will likely pick it up.

Christ, don't follow people with anime avatars on social media.

Who would win in a fight? Like for Goku, share for Naruto!
Who's your waifu? Like for Asuna, share for whatshername!

Arthea

Humble everything you have weekly bundle soon or no bundle?

NOOOOO, Why did i miss that. fml.

I dont own the basegame, but still.

http://cdn.head-fi.org/f/f4/900x900px-LL-f4e779aa_Madpanda.gif[/IMG

[/QUOTE]

It's one price mistake that you don't have to feel bad about, there is no point on buying a Civ game (or any dlcs, expansions included) until years later when complete edition is available which turns to be not so complete after all, but the next best thing

I've learnt that the hard way, sharing my knowledge with you that you can learn in less costly way.

Sober

Humble entire Steam Library bundle:

1$ tier
Everything

BTA tier
We'll remove any copy of Bad Rats and prevent you from being gifted Bad Rats forever

200$ tier
Everything minus the obvious trash

It's a good game, but some of the design is kind of ... restrictive... in terms of mask selection for abilities and mixing things up.

I may have never used more than 3-4 masks in the original on a regular basis, but there was a large variety to select from, where a lot of the stuff in HM2 revolves around "select one of these 4" or "select one of these 3".

The soundtrack is still great and the overall game gets a thumbs up from me. I need to go back and finish my hard playthrough so I can get that final achievement. ^_^

Wise decision. Hotline Miami 2 had poor level design when compared to the first game.

Respectfully disagree.

Dark Souls 2 was my GOTY (Steam) 2014; Dark Souls 2: SotFS will be top 5, most likel, for my GOTY (Steam) 2015.
Hotline Miami is a top 10 GOTY (Steam) 2015 candidate for me as well.

BTW guys, Xeodrifter is currently 75% off ($2.5). Just finished a few weeks ago and it's an awesome little Metroidvania, go get it!

I might also get Mutant Mudds Deluxe today (same price currently).

Yeah, if you really enjoyed Xeodrifter, Mutant Mudds is a must as well.

I have this other game Wishlist'd that kind reminds me of Xeodrifter, too:

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

It really hadn't. The level design is superb in HM2, but the main difference from the original is that the game is much more scripted and limits your options regarding weapons/items by not having randomized items and enemy weapons to pick-up. The commando levels are probably the best example of this.

Respectfully disagree.

Dark Souls 2 was my GOTY (Steam) 2014; Dark Souls 2: SotFS will be top 5, most likel, for my GOTY (Steam) 2015.
Hotline Miami is a top 10 GOTY (Steam) 2015 candidate for me as well.

Game was my GOTY as well, but I still found the level design to be less 'creative' than Dark Souls 1
pre-Anor Londo

Still need a good deal for SofFS before Dark Souls 3 comes out...

derExperte

I suggest not blindly believing the hyperbolic HM2 backlash that we get every few months in here. It is worse than 1, has some annoying parts and the story's too convoluted but overall it's still a good game.

Ronin and Xeodrifter are on my shortlist, can't not buy something during a Devolver sale and there isn't a lot left (except movies, World 1-1 is good btw but was already cheaper). Magnetic: Cage Closed maybe.

GaussTek

Yeah, if you really enjoyed Xeodrifter, Mutant Mudds is a must as well.

I have this other game Wishlist'd that kind reminds me of Xeodrifter, too:

Yeah! I also have Environmental Station Alpha on my wishlist. Seems to be a lot longer than Xeodrifter. Will grab it when it goes on sale, alongside Axiom Verge :D

It's one price mistake that you don't have to feel bad about, there is no point on buying a Civ game (or any dlcs, expansions included) until years later when complete edition is available which turns to be not so complete after all, but the next best thing
Civ games give me so many hours of enjoyment that I'll happily pay more to play them as soon as possible. I've got over 250 hours out of Civ V and I'm sure that I'll get my money's worth out of Rising Tide, especially for less than £7.

Humble entire Steam Library bundle:

1$ tier
Everything

BTA tier
We'll remove any copy of Bad Rats and prevent you from being gifted Bad Rats forever

200$ tier
Everything minus the obvious trash

Why would anyone beat the average price? Having Bad Rats removed would be a terrible thing.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 62 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sky Mercenaries -- MB-2C7142ED9F2A577A - Taken by Deques. 5 entrants total.
Vanguard Princess Hilda Rize -- MB-ED71D517C65E48B1 - Taken by ExoSoul. 3 entrants total.
Fake Colours -- MB-959DA415ED544877 - Taken by bobnowhere. 3 entrants total.
War of the Human Tanks -- MB-3905BD67432D5289 - Taken by salazar547. 3 entrants total.
Vangers -- MB-0B3BA9CE3F930F1C - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 3 entrants total.
7th Legion -- MB-F394507A5D3892C5 - Taken by KainXVIII. 2 entrants total.
CT Special Forces Fire for Effect -- MB-3B1402DEC2E749A8 - Taken by Javier23. 2 entrants total.
Across The Rhine -- MB-D73D1663CF6B35A3 - Taken by Eila. 1 entrants total.
F-19 Stealth Fighter -- MB-46A271F0AA47CE4A - Taken by Kuroyume. 4 entrants total.
Brilliant Bob -- MB-292C5EF7CF51CC2E - Taken by nightstorm. 1 entrants total.
Not without my donuts -- MB-DC8C6CB0F54BFA74 - Taken by Belgarion. 3 entrants total.
Dark Raid -- MB-1B4B7A73E0366D43 - Taken by Kifimbo. 2 entrants total.
Deadly 30 -- MB-4EE7C4A47BACB038 - Taken by XDDX. 1 entrants total.
Silent Service II -- MB-318BBE0345D7C195 - Taken by FiveElementNinja. 1 entrants total.
Coin Crypt -- MB-11EC86F0DD707B4B - Taken by Leafhopper. 5 entrants total.
Greed Black Border -- MB-9AEE8677121C122B - Taken by lindarasta. 1 entrants total.
Super Cyborg -- MB-A5D666683CFBCFFA - Taken by KingKong. 10 entrants total.
B-17 Flying Fortress The Mighty 8th -- MB-33196C377F51E898 - Taken by Benedict. 3 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Bad Rats -- MB-69AE892A5B575731 - Taken by SalsaShark - Taken by Jawmuncher
Town Craft -- MB-7DE50A3B70C1E4FA - Taken by Sammichu. 3 entrants total.
Make it Indie -- MB-E9B4461CFE6B94A5 - Taken by Belgarion. 3 entrants total.
Power-Up -- MB-2ED544FAF82AB9B1 - Taken by Mixed2k. 1 entrants total.
The UnderGarden -- MB-C6F2C84766C2C255 - Taken by Haunted. 2 entrants total.
Predator Simulator -- MB-8225E64EAABE2347 - Taken by Ozium. 3 entrants total.
Bridge Constructor Medieval -- MB-AA8AE48D05C484BB - Taken by darkchewie. 4 entrants total.
Flix The Flea -- MB-F512BDFF920C952E - Taken by gurm3n. 2 entrants total.
Organ Biker -- MB-C060340F0288403D - Taken by Undead Bokun. 1 entrants total.
Wimp Who Stole My Pants? -- MB-471B90642E7E6441 - Taken by Blu(e). 2 entrants total.
Dead Bits -- MB-36E9492D055405CB

xheRJRF.gif
One Day for Ched -- MB-31567B7F9E0FF98D - Taken by drakaenae. 2 entrants total.
In Exilium -- MB-12D79A51EA944D6B - Taken by Kifimbo. 5 entrants total.
Strategic War in Europe -- MB-1C9A3E48AF59D537 - Taken by xGreg. 2 entrants total.
Vanguard Princess Lilith -- MB-432373389C0216CA - Taken by Mavromatis. 1 entrants total.
Bionic Heart 2 -- MB-EF64AF4416568D59 - Taken by dot. 1 entrants total.

Chernobyl Commando -- MB-2437C6F306B88B5F - Taken by NingenJanai. 2 entrants total.
Super Star Path -- MB-65CF632ED3A3B3FF - Taken by rainking187. 6 entrants total.
Project Root -- MB-8FF2CA15F45CF18A - Taken by xGreg. 2 entrants total.

Metrocide -- MB-726641A403650734 - Taken by pantsattack. 2 entrants total.
Sentinel -- MB-65F4182241C474C7 - Taken by Vuze. 2 entrants total.
Crystal Catacombs -- MB-8D26E16679698B55 - Taken by Haunted. 3 entrants total.
BANZAI PECAN The Last Hope For the Young Century -- MB-54A975F95E3382A8 - Taken by Hektor. 3 entrants total.
Shiny the Firefly -- MB-5F40BECEDCF53236 - Taken by Blu(e). 1 entrants total.
Ravensword Shadowlands -- MB-A59618E4C819982F - Taken by Tenrius
Storm over the Pacific -- MB-F3F8C5581802DFAE - Taken by Belgarion
Hyper Fighters -- MB-9BC3A21B6D258A94 - Taken by xGreg. 4 entrants total.
Desert Thunder -- MB-D6A64898D75604D9 - Taken by jgalat. 2 entrants total.
Incognito -- MB-991A18350F6C27CF - Taken by fuzzy123. 3 entrants total.
Cloud Knights -- MB-7E0AA4CB25843E3F - Taken by Bayonetta. 2 entrants total.
Gun Monkeys -- MB-C77185B3CA869C7C
East Tower Akio -- MB-726A617B272ACBAA - Taken by redlacs. 1 entrants total.
Cold Contract -- MB-2FD44503BC8CE7BD - Taken by Eila. 2 entrants total.
Undead Shadows -- MB-98CC49B6B636AB84 - Taken by nightstorm. 1 entrants total.
Vanguard Princess -- MB-0C144C1B8A22C2F2 - Taken by fertygo. 1 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Chicken Shoot Gold -- MB-73262B4934C03AAF - Taken by anastef
Hook -- MB-F063DED8709238D3 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 3 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Bad Rats #2 -- MB-2472AC6070AD3D72 - Taken by fertygo
Incandescent -- MB-148E96DDEB904AB1 - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.
Cargo 3 -- MB-753E3D0F89C51CBC - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo. 1 entrants total.
Real Warfare 1242 -- MB-6184C733EEDE87B6 - Taken by Haunted. 1 entrants total.
AIR GUARDIANS -- MB-1B54D96A865BABEB - Taken by Hektor
Freedom Planet -- MB-D1F30ACD40A358C8 - Taken by Faabulous. 5 entrants total.
Not the Robots -- MB-1064CBAC2DC193E7 - Taken by Stronghammer22. 1 entrants total.

t1439498907z1.png

Grief.exe

Video on Kingdom Come Deliverance's combat system. Looks very good.

http://www.pcgamer.com/kingdom-come-deliverance-lets-you-attack-36-body-part-zones/

When the developers realised that realistic combat would involve thousands of animations, they created a system that uses procedural animations. Each weapon has two basic attacks to different parts of the body, and you can chain moves together for special techniques. Apparently, characters have 36 zones that you can hit, though the earlier video stated six so I'm guessing each has six sub-zones. In the video you can see what looks like a five-directional target, which makes for an interesting comparison with For Honor's three-directional system.

FloatOn

Game was my GOTY as well, but I still found the level design to be less 'creative' than Dark Souls 1
pre-Anor Londo

Still need a good deal for SofFS before Dark Souls 3 comes out...

I'm playing through scholar right now with a friend and I'm absolutely enjoying it more than vanilla. The extra pursuer encounters and changed-up enemy placement goes a long way in making it a better game. Still not as good as the first though.

I suggest not blindly believing the hyperbolic HM2 backlash that we get every few months in here. It is worse than 1, has some annoying parts and the story's too convoluted but overall it's still a good game.

To be clear, my less than positive remarks regarding hotline miami 2 isn't so much "backlash" as it is my personal view on why it's not as good as it's predecessor. The game threw more enemies at you making it feel even more visceral than the first game but my view is that they were haphazardly placed in the level thus limiting the creative approach to beating levels the first game had.

I'm also waiting until it's just a few bucks. I loved HM1, but for whatever reason, I'm not really dying to play a sequel. The fact that it's been poorly received makes it easier to hold off on it, too. I'm actually perfectly content just replaying my favorite stages from the first one over and over again whenever I get that itch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom