• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
YfuAX0r.jpg

TY the Tasmanian Tiger 4

[/URL]

holy fucking shit
This franchise is actually still fucking alive? I hope they bring the older titles as well!

Ty still exist? well I'll be damned. franchise must have made some kind of money if that'll be the 4th one.

edit: looks like a port of a mobile game.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Next time I'm going full in then. No quality loss, full-on sound, no expenses will be spared!
;)
Shame Imgur doesn't take webm uploads.

Imgur actually converts large GIFs to webms and then back to gifs. Gifv I think they're called.

Gfycat will also automatically convert large gifs to webms and give you a webm link to post.

Furthermore, and most importantly, Andrex made an extension for embedding webm's in gaf which everyone should get here.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
TlT0Kud.png

Now we gotta buy this

When did Steam start becoming a platform to sell movies and why can I not filter that shit out? Steam as a business and a client are becoming so muddled, if it wasn't for Civ games I wouldn't use Steam at all anymore.

derExperte

Unfortunate but not surprising. Do you have any insight into why Mozilla is enforcing this requirement? Was there a sudden spike of people getting their browsers hijacked by unsigned addons and then blaming Firefox/Mozilla for it?

I updated to FF40 the other day and had a look at my addons page. There are about 5 addons I have that they caution me about and will stop working with the next release. Every once in a while I check to see if Chrome has the addons that would make me comfortable in switching over from Firefox but there's always something missing. But now that they're going to stop working in FF as well there hardly seems to be any reason to keep it as my default browser.

FYI you can deactivate the deactivation of unsigned addons in FF41: http://www.ghacks.net/2015/08/04/fix-for-installing-unsigned-add-ons-in-firefox-dev-and-nightly/

The article says this

Well shit.

The article says this

Starting with Firefox 42, Stable and Beta users won't be able to override this anymore which means that unsigned extensions cannot be installed in those browsers anymore.

which means it's a temporary measure at best.

In other news, look what just got added to Dota 2 :D

Just played a match as Zeus. Many kills were stolen. Much fun was had.

Nete

So... do we have a SteamGAF Rocket League group or something?

Oh my, 5 hours playing the game and it felt like it was just one. GOTY.

Annubis

yea i just like dc and the concept was ok but it is hard to compete with dota and league. I am surprised HoN is still going.

Yea, they needed to be more unique to survive.

HoN has that Blizzard family friendly, everyone is a team player, rainbow and unicorn, thing going for it.

(example: at the end of the game, you see how many kills/assists/deaths each team did but it does not give each player's individual stats)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The article says this

which means it's a temporary measure at best.

Well shit.

Yeah. I imagine if they continued giving people a choice, everyone would just disable it. I mean hell, I'd have instructions for doing just that on the Enhanced Steam website if that were the case.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
stumppp y u never online, need to talk to you about the rocket league gaf flag

I'm busy enough with work that I don't have my Steam online status set right now. If you need to reach me for some specific thing you can always PM on GAF or on Steam; I check Steam at least once a day even when I'm busy. No need to wait for me to be online to ask.

just play the dozen of othe rmoba games, nothing of importance was lost if you ask me :|

Considering people were playing Betas for that game since 2013 and people did like it it is kind of a shame. So yes it does kind of suck.

At least they offered refunds for people. I tried to play it in May or so a month or so after it's official release and about after a week of playing they announced it was closing on August 14th.

I didn't really follow the news, but I still can see 7/10 reviews on steam from google search.
What was the problem?

WB expected some explosion of people on it I guess. I also heard they spent a lot of money developing it.

zkylon

zkylewd
finished ep 2 of lis

spent all my time during that ending sequence hoping it could play out differently and i'm glad the choice checklist at the end assures you it can

that's very cool

onto ep 3, can't say i 100% love this game but i do admire what it's going for and playing this while listening to serial on the train is kind of a creepy experience

Is the new mobile website new? Sure it wasn't there yesterday. Seems to only function on steamcommunity so far, but it's a huge improvement.

TlT0Kud.png

Now we gotta buy this

You first...

how come?

The short answer: Even though it was an ok game, it failed to penetrate the crowded MOBA genre and it wasn't casual friendly enough to attract people interested in super heroes.

The somewhat longer answer: Warner Brothers required all divisions to lay off X number of people. Games and Comics were hit as hard as the film division. Infinite Crisis was still in beta and was a good year out when the ax came. The Games division was committed to the long investment that Infinite Crisis would require yet the mandate came down and Infinite Crisis was too far away from release to justify canceling another game. They decided to try one last attempt to save it. They laid off most of the team and kept a skeleton crew to patch it up and release what they had as 1.0. The hope was the game would be enough of a success to justify rehiring the staff to continue development. Instead the game tanked and that was the end of that.

Looks like it'll just be all uPlaaay.

I'm sure the PC version wasn't going to get much love anyways from the developers.

finished ep 2 of lis

spent all my time during that ending sequence hoping it could play out differently and i'm glad the choice checklist at the end assures you it can

that's very cool

onto ep 3, can't say i 100% love this game but i do admire what it's going for and playing this while listening to serial on the train is kind of a creepy experience
Episode 3 is where the real fun starts. Can't wait to see your reactions for it.

Corpekata

Banned
I don't think Zombie will be on just Uplay. They're just being really quiet about the release in general. They haven't even revealed a price 5 days from release.

They did similar with Toy Soldiers release this week, like no promotion at all practically in the last couple weeks leading up to the release.

finished ep 2 of lis

that's very cool

Thoughts on Warren? Are you
friendzoning
him?

zkylon

zkylewd
just play the dozen of othe rmoba games, nothing of importance was lost if you ask me :|

as someone that is very much in love with one particular moba, i'd say it's probably not that simple

Episode 3 is where the real fun starts. Can't wait to see your reactions for it.
i see

i feel like the last section of ep 2 was a bit rushed but i think i liked this one better than the first one. the school is goofy in a mean girls kind of way that hurts the believability of the whole thing, while the more rural, empoverished parts of town are a lot more relatable to me so i enjoyed most of what happened in this episode.

yeah everything about chloe is also super goofy but it's an endearing relationship she has with max i feel, and i like discovering bits of nuance about her character.

Thoughts on Warren? Are you
friendzoning
him?
probably not? he's kind of perfect for max

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom