• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backlogger

Woot, just finished Dragonborn DLC for Skyrim. 100+ hours and I could probably still play it some more. Not a perfect game, but it over a couple years of playing it here and there I enjoyed it for what it was.

Whats next in the backlog? Who knows!

joined in on some Rocket League games...had some good moments and some really, really awful ones

sorry for all the losses (I was more than likely the cause of)

6853GOM.jpg

joined in on some Rocket League games...had some good moments and some really, really awful ones

sorry for all the losses (I was more than likely the cause of)

Oh boy, the inventory page on the new mobile site loads your *entire* inventory on one page, instead of in multiple pages. So now it's trying to load all 4,000+ of my items and my browser is frozen. Fun.

donny2112

Oh boy, the inventory page on the new mobile site loads your *entire* inventory on one page, instead of in multiple pages. So now it's trying to load all 4,000+ of my items and my browser is frozen. Fun.

(o_O) Hope they fix that going forward by having a custom option for how many to display at a time. Data usage would seem to get pretty high, if it's pulling in the full list with boxarts for that many.

People use the mobile site?
4000 inventory items?
Frozen browser? Are you sure that's not from trying to browse this thread with all the crazy gifs?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Until today, I'd never heard of Ty the Tasmanian Tiger. Does that make me a bad Australian?

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
LinusTechTips: Is Windows 10 better for gamers than 7 or 8.1?

---

Guillermo del Toro swears off video games, and who can blame him

“I joined THQ, and THQ goes broke. I join Kojima, and Kojima leaves Konami. I have decided, in order not to destroy anyone else’s life, I have decided I will never again get involved in video games. Otherwise, I’ll join someone and his house will explode, or something.”

It’s not all bad news – del Toro said he’s happy for others to make games based on his works, and will continue learning from Kojima as a friend. But no more games for him personally.

“If I join another video game, World War III will start,” he said.

This Friday we are playing Killing Floor 2 on Euro game night, murricans are welcome too.

It only has up to 6 player coop so seats will be limited, but I'm not sure how many people will actually have the game.

header.jpg

1 - NingenJanai
2 - Maniac
3 - derExperte
4 - corrosivefrost
5 - ricochetguro
6 - Spirited
7 - freshveggie
8 - Roboleon
9 - Se7enSword
10 - The Dear Leader
11 - Black Soma
12 - Sch1sm
13 - Sokka
14 -
15 -
16 -

t1439578800z0.png

12 Hours left

Mumble server thanks to Spirited ( quote to reveal )

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Widdly Scuds, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Widdly Scuds, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Not A Hero -- MB-FEB67D914A6A7B6D - Taken by Dongs Macabre. 72 entrants total.
One of my favorite games of 2015. I hope it becomes one of yours too. Nice giveaway, btw =)

t1439578827z1.png

Corpekata

Banned
It's not a surprise to have not hear of Ty. It was a series of middling budget games. But there's a lot of nostalgia for a lot of cheap games like that because a lot of people got them as kids. I fully expect people to start being wistful for their time with playing Pixar's Cars in about 5 years.

Corpekata

Banned
No matter how hard I imagine it, it just doesn't make any sense lol. xD
How is L4D2 related to Crash Bandicoot?

Mods. You can pretty much mod in any character on the planet in that game. And people have a tendency to mod in ones that make the game look as silly as possible.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Square Enix to shut down Dive In service

Square Enix is shutting down its “Dive In” game streaming service on September 13, the company announced.

The service was first announced in September 2014 before launching that December. It allows users to purchase games like Final Fantasy XIII for a set period of time, which are playable on tablets and smartphones via Wi-Fi streaming.

Users who purchased the one year plan for any game will be refunded in full regardless of their remaining period of time.

Square Enix says it will continue with various cloud technology initiatives to deliver something better in the future.

Anything that is mod-friendly is tangentially related to everything. Just look at Source Filmmaker. ;)

Mods. You can pretty much mod in any character on the planet in that game. And people have a tendency to mod in ones that make the game look as silly as possible.

Lol that's awesome. The stage and the boxes, even Dr. Cortex are really there.
But it's still a L4D2 game, shooting zombies and everything. I thought we can play as Crash. :D

Corpekata

Banned
Xeodrifter, if you get it, has gamespeed tied to framerate. So if you have a monitor over 60 HZ you might need to do some fiddling to cap it at 60.

Salsa

“Of course, we're not talking about [Dying Light 2] just yet… but the reason for that is that it is too early. We have lots of very ambitious ideas so first we need to check if these ideas are even doable with the tech that the current consoles provide.”

dat short end of the stick

"our games could be way cooler on PC but gotta check our privilege for consoles"

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
also dude this Black Ops III combat movement trailer along with the bells and whistles they're puttin on PC makes me wish we could still get the game from cheaper regions :X

I missed like the last 3 or 4. wouldnt mind gettin this one

I wonder if Acti will ever get around to making the game available in Brazil, Mexico and Russia/CIS Land (Japan isn't a surprise as "AAA" games from western publishers tend to release later there). If it does pop up on the Brazilian store closer to release, you should be able to get it for close to half price, judging from Advanced Warfare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom