• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
"Beach Bounce" is now on Steam.
You know you want it, you pervs.

I'm waiting for the Morningbus Milamber Seal of Approval

Was a good watch. No gaming differences for now between Win10 & Win8 but will likely change in future once DX12 gets adopted more.

Watched their "The Compensator" - Our most insane build ever! Man, that started all dreamy but turned problematic very quick. They did put in crazy stuff though. 4-way TitanX, 128GB DDR4.
Can't put my finger on it but watching videos of PC being build is a lot of fun.

I played through SA recently and I found it best to use M/KB and play the game similarly to Max Payne. Constantly move around, dive info cover, and aim for center of mass.

I thought the game was overall great, but the game didn't end well. It's already a very long game and Rockstar chose to artificially lengthen the game by grinding out turf war missions before unlocking the final mission.

I had no problem getting the game to render at 4K and 60 FPS either, though this was before the latest patch.

What's the point of playing a PS2Xbox game @ 4K, unless you're downsampling?
I mean, even if it was just render at 4k and downsample to 1440/1080p or whatever, you'd just get rid of some of the jaggies/aliasing, right?

Where at? I know it's on sale on Steam, but i am pretty sure it cost more that $6.

China.

Dr Dogg

Your FFXIII shots have a distinct lack of Fang.
You're now off the good list. -___-;

I'm on the awesome list forever and you know it. Also despite sinking 17ish hours into FF XIII I'm still only in Grapa Whitewood and Fang has only been introduced in a cutscene so been a but hard to get any pics you know (check my chievos if you think I'm fibbing). But just for you when I do pick XIII up again I'll bombard the thread with uber high resolution Fang pics. Happy?

zkylon

zkylewd
just read that cdpr released a modkit for witcha 3?

cool, i might wait off to play it for like a month so i can goof around with some fun mods

Sch1sm

are any playism coupons around? just checking

None.

So...

Talos is 6$ again..
I wont promise anything this time though lol

Hah. I probably wouldn't have even played between now and then. This seems a pretty consistent sale, though. Just happened recently that it was $6, what's up with that?

just read that cdpr released a modkit for witcha 3?

cool, i might wait off to play it for like a month so i can goof around with some fun mods

Yeah:

Witcher 3 mod tools are now available.

They also released a small patch on PC to retroactively reward achievements which were earned during the period when they were broken (patch 1.07). Except it seems to be bugged and is now awarding game completion achievements to folks who haven't finished the game at all.

I'm on the awesome list forever and you know it. Also despite sinking 17ish hours into FF XIII I'm still only in Grapa Whitewood and Fang has only been introduced in a cutscene so been a but hard to get any pics you know (check my chievos if you think I'm fibbing). But just for you when I do pick XIII up again I'll bombard the thread with uber high resolution Fang pics. Happy?

Yes. Fang's the best.

Since you had pics of FFXIII-2, which most people wouldn't have started until they finised FFXIII, I thought you'd finished FFXIII.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Dr Dogg

Yes. Fang's the best.

Since you had pics of FFXIII-2, which most people wouldn't have started until they finised FFXIII, I thought you'd finished FFXIII.

Finished both on my filthy PS3 so knew what I was letting myself in for. Only managed the first couple of hours of Lightning Returns though before that went back on the shelf. If my crazy plan not to buy anything new this years actually happened I might have actually finished them both on PC by now but alas I keep on hoovering up games before finishing the ones I've bought previously. Saying that stuck my head in the 52 Games in a Year thread earlier and it's surprising one of the better threads on Gaming Side. Good discussion, motivational support and chat between posters.

Pachimari

got a response from a Rocket League dev and the GAF flag is happening.
This is so cool! Congrats on it.
I should really get more into Rocket League. I love it.

Looks like the Hitman Sniper Challenge has been delisted? I thought it used to be included in a bundle with Absolution?

Noo, you don't say! Another one I missed. :(

I'm still enjoying Burstfire, if anyone wanted a reason to try it out.

Isn't it really rough though?
It reminds me a lot of RS: Siege, maybe I should give it a try in multiplayer.

derExperte

Oh crap, just realized that KF2 will collide with the opening match of the Bundesliga and if there's one thing I love more than KF it's BAAAAYYYEEERRRNNNN. So yeah.

ibnkntsrypvblgnmjmo.png

This Friday we are playing Killing Floor 2 on Euro game night, murricans are welcome too.

It only has up to 6 player coop so seats will be limited, but I'm not sure how many people will actually have the game.

header.jpg

1 - NingenJanai
2 - Maniac
3 - derExperte - too busy with football
4 - corrosivefrost
5 - ricochetguro - girly excuses
hope you feel better soon
6 - Spirited
7 - freshveggie
8 - Roboleon
9 - Se7enSword
10 - The Dear Leader
11 - Black Soma
12 - Sch1sm
13 - Sokka
14 - Sayara
15 -
16 -

t1439578800z0.png

Mumble server thanks to Spirited ( quote to reveal )

Jawmuncher

This Friday we are playing Killing Floor 2 on Euro game night, murricans are welcome too.

It only has up to 6 player coop so seats will be limited, but I'm not sure how many people will actually have the game.

header.jpg

1 - NingenJanai
2 - Maniac
4 - corrosivefrost
5 - ricochetguro
6 - Spirited
7 - freshveggie
8 - Roboleon
9 - Se7enSword
10 - The Dear Leader
11 - Black Soma
12 - Sch1sm
13 - Sokka
14 -
15 -
16 -

t1439578800z0.png

Damn just ignored richochetguros post

Dr Dogg

Linus Tech Tips has so many interesting videos. Can't stop watching. They do stuff what I was imagining. All kinds of ludicrous builds.

I'm sure he's a nice guy but something about Linus does my nut in. Plus the product placement in all of his vids urgh. I know the dude has got to get paid but some of it is so random. Logan and the chaps over at Tek Syndicate do some interesting vids and even though he can be a right berk TTL from OC3D is something I pop on in the background for shits and giggles when having a load of work on. I mean come on look at this monster cooling solution!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUbpb23yTK8

Top tip do watch to the very, very end ;)

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Linus Tech Tips has so many interesting videos. Can't stop watching. They do stuff what I was imagining. All kinds of ludicrous builds.

Only annoying thing they do is their sometimes pretty bad product placement though I understand why they do it (they need money and sponsorships to stay afloat) and in some videos playing of for the PCMasterrace dudes with some dank memes(Which I mostly feel is dumb).

I really enjoyed their junkyard vids and their mineral oil build if you havn't watched them.
also techsyndicate is a great channel that is doing the "same" things as LinusTechTips does as Dr dogg said.

derExperte

Linus' videos have too much filler with him talking loudly about nothing and waving his arms around, you can usually skip the first minute(s) and there wasn't much real content in that W10 video overall.

Damn just ignored richochetguros post

A migraine isn't a legit excuse.

GaussTek

I guess that this actually could be good:

Dusty’s Revenge studio making unofficial Final Fantasy VII 2D side-scroller

Playable demo coming soon.

PD Design Studio, developer of Dusty’s Revenge for PC and upcoming Wii U prequel Dusty Raging Fist, is working on a Final Fantasy VII: Re-Imagined 2D side-scroller fan project, the studio revealed.

“We re-imagined how the game would be like if it’s an action game,” reads the description on the official website. ” Classic 2D Side-scrollers, such as Dragons and Dungeons: Chronicles of Mystara, Streets of Rage, etc, came to our minds. We thought about how we can incorporate some of the FFVII game play elements, such as Materia and summoning of Guardian Force into a Hack and Slash genre.”

PD plans to release a playable demo soon. The studio clarifies that “this is a non-profit fan made project, done purely for fun,” and that “in no way does the fans who made the project is seeking to profit from the fan project.”

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2015/08/dustys-r...tasy-vii-2d-side-scroller#dfX3wyogLveywUTA.99

FF7-Reimagine-PD-Design-600x338.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vyDq1WQ24I

Edit. Yeah, I guess they'll get a C&D from from S-E soon :(

Sayara

Neo Member

header.jpg

1 - NingenJanai
2 - Maniac
4 - corrosivefrost
5 - ricochetguro - girly excuses
6 - Spirited
7 - freshveggie
8 - Roboleon
9 - Se7enSword
10 - The Dear Leader
11 - Black Soma
12 - Sch1sm
13 - Sokka
14 -
15 -
16 -

t1439578800z0.png

Im awful at KF2, and im way low leveled.. but I wouldn't mind giving it a shot with you guys,

Vuze

Linus' videos have too much filler with him talking loudly about nothing and waving his arms around, you can usually skip the first minute(s) and there wasn't much real content in that W10 video overall.
The Gsync/FreeSync video from a few weeks back must've been the worst offender yet. They showed like 3mins of actual comparison stuff which didn't sound all too conclusive, the other 10mins they were roaming around in their house. Usually like his videos but that was just a waste of time. I really enjoy Lukes content though.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So to my absolute surprise, I got an email from Mozilla a few minutes ago saying that Enhanced Steam 7.3 had been signed. I've uploaded the new (signed) version to the website.

I feel like a bit of an idiot because I forgot to increment the version number, meaning it won't (yet) automatically update for people that already have it installed. So if your using a newer version of Firefox that requires extensions to be signed, feel free to go re-download the extension from the website and it should be working now.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So to my absolute surprise, I got an email from Mozilla a few minutes ago saying that Enhanced Steam 7.3 had been signed. I've uploaded the new (signed) version to the website.

I feel like a bit of an idiot because I forgot to increment the version number, meaning it won't (yet) automatically update for people that already have it installed. So if your using a newer version of Firefox that requires extensions to be signed, feel free to go re-download the extension from the website and it should be working now.

"Calculate drops remaining" still doesn't work for me. It spends a short while counting then reports 0.

It worked! Thank you!

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Isn't it really rough though?
It reminds me a lot of RS: Siege, maybe I should give it a try in multiplayer.

It feels like a Counter Strike mod in a lot of ways. I'm not sure I'd call it rough--it seems to have stopped crashing so much with the last hotfix. It's not pretty and there's only two maps, but I'm finding it pretty mechanically satisfying so far. Mix of weapons for all ranges, neat gadgets and nades. Matches are fast and tense. Haven't run into any horribly overpowered or just plain frustrating tactics yet, which I feel like I can't say about a lot of multiplayer games. Doubt that can last. The map design feels pretty solid, look forward to seeing more levels.

No idea how they're gonna monetize it or build on it. There's greyed out options for redeeming codes and an inventory system.

For only putting time into it, I feel like I've gotten a lot out of it in only two or so days of playing.

jshackles

"Calculate drops remaining" still doesn't work for me. It spends a short while counting then reports 0.

Yeah being that it's still version 7.3 and over 3 months old - Valve has made a lot of changes since that version released. Expect bugs.

I'm sure he's a nice guy but something about Linus does my nut in. Plus the product placement in all of his vids urgh. I know the dude has got to get paid but some of it is so random. Logan and the chaps over at Tek Syndicate do some interesting vids and even though he can be a right berk TTL from OC3D is something I pop on in the background for shits and giggles when having a load of work on. I mean come on look at this monster cooling solution!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUbpb23yTK8

Top tip do watch to the very, very end ;)
Haha, the ads threw me off a little as I didn't know they were doing stuff like that. Was wondering why he was gloating about a keyboard in a video testing 2-4-way SLI.
OC3D TV. Great tip. Will take a look at them.
Only annoying thing they do is their sometimes pretty bad product placement though I understand why they do it (they need money and sponsorships to stay afloat) and in some videos playing of for the PCMasterrace dudes with some dank memes(Which I mostly feel is dumb).

I really enjoyed their junkyard vids and their mineral oil build if you havn't watched them.
also techsyndicate is a great channel that is doing the "same" things as LinusTechTips does as Dr dogg said.
Thank you also for recommendations.

Very pleasant surprise. Redownloaded. It's no 7.7 but it's way better than vanilla.

derExperte

Excellent, thanks.

shockdude

Congrats.
So...does this mean anything for us Firefox holdouts?

jshackles

Congrats.
So...does this mean anything for us Firefox holdouts?

It just means you'll be able to continue using the outdated version of Enhanced Steam with newer Firefox browsers (rather than it being completely disabled in Firefox 41 and up).

I'm still debating if I should sink the time into doing a "maintenance release" and fixing a few of the bugs that have popped up like JaseC mentioned. A 15 hour turnaround time from Mozilla is better than the 3-4 weeks it used to take. I'm just worried about doing that because I know I'll get hit with "Why didn't you add X feature from the Chrome version?" and so forth.

Either way I decide, nothing is happening with ES for Firefox until 7.8 is out on Chrome.

fallout

I'm just worried about doing that because I know I'll get hit with "Why didn't you add X feature from the Chrome version?" and so forth.
I would generally advocate for doing what you think will help the majority of your users while ignoring the constant requests. I think it'll help create an overall better product and help you to maintain your sanity.

Well this is good news. They should have an 'approved developer' list where they will manually verify an extension once (or possibly a few times) but eventually whitelist good devs and let their extensions go through automatically. That's not to say that devs can't go rogue later on down the line but there has to be a line they draw unless they're keen on manually checking every single line of source code that will ever be sent to them.

Hopefully they behave reasonably towards you and other devs and that in turns brings back some of the good addons they were almost certainly going to lose with their policy.

Nice, thanks!

L.O.R.D

was just checking Ori's achievements and saw this

Supersonic
Finish the game in under 3 hours

Immortal
Complete whole game without dying

Elite
Complete the whole game without using an Ability Point

yah , i will never get 100% in this game ...well, maybe not in this save game

Status
Not open for further replies.