• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess that this actually could be good:

FF7-Reimagine-PD-Design-600x338.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vyDq1WQ24I

Edit. Yeah, I guess they'll get a C&D from from S-E soon :(
Its really shitty that fan projects like this cant exist, the law should be protecting them imo but whatever. Honestly if i was making a fan project i would not show it to the public, you would see it for the first time when its complete that way its to late to send me a C&D, even if i did take it down people would just put mirrors of it and my work shall live happily ever after

Knurek

Just wrapped up Binary Domain.

Good game, amazing and coherent (albeit very Japanese) world design, good shooting mechanics. Bit annoying at times, especially with enemy placement and some of the boss encounters, but overall enjoyed the replay.

It also looked simply amazing for such an... oldish game. Ah, the Yakuza Team.

Did anything came from that Sega Twitter Gamescom teasing? I would love to have more Sega console ports on Steam...

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
was just checking Ori's achievements and saw this

Supersonic
Finish the game in under 3 hours

Immortal
Complete whole game without dying

Elite
Complete the whole game without using an Ability Point

yah , i will never get 100% in this game ...well, maybe not in this save game
While tedious, the no death run can be assisted by backing up saves routinely.

maty

Hey guys, I keep getting this really intrusive ad but only when browsing neogaf. The whole screen turns blue and a video of a new FORD car starts playing and I cannot close it until the countdown stops.

I'll post a pic to make it easier to understand.

I tried on several computers on different networks and it happened in all of them.

Anyone has or had this problem before?. I searched everywhere how to remove them and followed a few guides but had no luck. Any tips?

It's extremely annoying.

Grief.exe

was just checking Ori's achievements and saw this

Supersonic
Finish the game in under 3 hours

Immortal
Complete whole game without dying

Elite
Complete the whole game without using an Ability Point

yah , i will never get 100% in this game ...well, maybe not in this save game

One of the first things I noticed about Ori is the Achievement Showcase bait.

Caerith

I played for 10 minutes before I ran out of stuff to do and had to just wait for shit.

That's normal for mobile games. What's really bad about it is how poorly it controls. Trying to move people around is a nightmare. I like the concept and the aesthetic, but kinda would rather be playing anything else.

I played for 10 minutes before I ran out of stuff to do and had to just wait for shit.

I miss the good ole days (couple years ago?) when you could actually play a mobile game whenever you wanted and not worry about energy refilling or other crap like that. I get why companies do it but doesn't mean I have to actually like it.

Khronico

Just finished Ace Combat Assault Horizon.

+ Looks really good in motion (weather effects in particular look really nice in certain levels)
+ Good selection of aircraft to fly
+ Good variation of mission types
+ Decent flight mechanics

? DFM is... really hard to put in either side. There's some neat things to it (chaining and countering DFMs feels great) but it feels like autopilot most of the time. It would be OK if you weren't railroaded into using it a lot of the time (The entire last mission is basically one long DFM).
? You can paint your ship with idolm@ster waifus if that's your thing.

- Story is mediocre trash and the characters are completely bland. I've heard people talk positively about the older Ace Combat game's stories and character so this was really disappointing.
- Enemy planes have variable amounts of health depending on whether or not they need you to watch something "cinematic" happen (i.e. you'll pump 10 missiles into an enemy ace but he survives long enough for you to have a "cool" dogfight through a city).

It's.... good.

Not amazing. Not very good. Not even really good. Just good.

Now here's some pics:
Edit: Jeez my uncompressed pngs look way better than that.

Backlogger

Off-Topic....

Fallout Shelter was a mistake. It's nothing but trash.

I agree, its really not that great. It follows the mobile game template pretty well so if you really like mobile games then it might be for you. Don't assume you will like it just because it's Fallout though.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys, I keep getting this really intrusive ad but only when browsing neogaf. The whole screen turns blue and a video of a new FORD car starts playing and I cannot close it until the countdown stops.

I'll post a pic to make it easier to understand.

I tried on several computers on different networks and it happened in all of them.

Anyone has or had this problem before?. I searched everywhere how to remove them and followed a few guides but had no luck. Any tips?

It's extremely annoying.

Try sending a PM to Evilore. GAF has had problems with certain ads in the past.

ihRFH26.png

Don't tell me that you really do this?

If I recall correctly, Steam updates achievements unlocked offline all at once when you first reconnect.

derExperte

If I recall correctly, Steam updates achievements unlocked offline all at once when you first reconnect.

If I recall correctly you can not 100% Roundabout in 0.2hrs.

One of the achievements is this, which takes ~8hrs.

Smoke & Mirrors
Drive the entire "classic" length of Desert Limo without crashing.

Also it's L.O.R.D. But he's not the only SteamGAFer I've seen over the years doing this even outside of scamming Playfire.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
This Friday we are playing Killing Floor 2 on Euro game night, murricans are welcome too.

It only has up to 6 player coop so seats will be limited, but I'm not sure how many people will actually have the game.

header.jpg

1 - NingenJanai
2 - Maniac
3 - derExperte - too busy with football
4 - corrosivefrost
5 - ricochetguro - girly excuses
hope you feel better soon
6 - Spirited
7 - freshveggie
8 - Roboleon
9 - Se7enSword
10 - The Dear Leader
11 - Black Soma
12 - Sch1sm
13 - Sokka
14 - Sayara
15 -
16 -

t1439578800z0.png

Mumble server thanks to Spirited ( quote to reveal )

Consider me in as a pinch hitter, maybe. I dunno.

Deques

This Friday we are playing Killing Floor 2 on Euro game night, murricans are welcome too.

It only has up to 6 player coop so seats will be limited, but I'm not sure how many people will actually have the game.

header.jpg

1 - NingenJanai
2 - Maniac
3 - derExperte - too busy with football
4 - corrosivefrost
5 - ricochetguro - girly excuses
hope you feel better soon
6 - Spirited
7 - freshveggie
8 - Roboleon
9 - Se7enSword
10 - The Dear Leader
11 - Black Soma
12 - Sch1sm
13 - Sokka
14 - Sayara
15 -
16 -

t1439578800z0.png

Mumble server thanks to Spirited ( quote to reveal )

I don't have KF2, but I have the first game. Can we play that instead? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom