• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.O.R.D

No, just stop doing it. Odds are nothing will happen, because there isn't an achievements based competition going on currently, so. Relax. Stop using SAM, or using it a lot more sparingly and only when you're unlocking an achievement that's being stubborn despite you meeting its criteria.
I didn't even know i unlocked in steam until I found my name here

Shame,shame,shame

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
should we start creating a retro 8 bit tombstone for LORD now or wait till the Valve police IP ban him from Steam forever?

I'm not good at drawing so a headstart would be nice

vhMHVdo.jpg

;)

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Copons and I's favorite Italians, Santa Ragione, have announced their new game this morning - Wheels of Aurelia.

tumblr_nt32vzoKTW1qdstf0o1_1280.png

We are announcing our new game: Wheels of Aurelia – a narrative road trip game set in the roaring Italian 70s. Half racing game, half interactive fiction, it tells the story of Lella, a restless woman driving on the roads of the western coast of Italy, the famous Via Aurelia.

Wheels of Aurelia is going to debut at this year’s Fantastic Fest - Fantastic Arcade, check out the full festival lineup!

Very special thanks to Wiley Wiggins, Joshua Fields, the full Fantastic Fest and Fantastic Fest staffs, Juegos Rancheros, and Humble Bundle.

You can keep track of the game development and updates here: http://www.santaragione.com/wheelsofaurelia/

Artwork by: Matteo Berton

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
All this CPU cooler talk reminds me I still need/want to get an aftermarket cooler for my 3570k. Any recommendations?

Also, I should have jumped on the Humble Weekly deal sooner. I guess I am surprised how the BTA edged up. Are people really buying Reassembly? Or is it just edging up due to people buying the BTA and rounding up their purchase? Oh well, it's only like a buck more than where it was yesterday.
I should stop being so cheap...

My current Noctua NH-D15 is really good at keeping good temperatures, but it's pretty big so beware if you have a small case or not low-profile RAM.

Havn't overclocked my I5-4670k yet but now at 3.4 GHz it gets to like 40-45 C on load.

Chariot

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Chariot, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

NekoPara -- MB-863930F466240F25 - Taken by drakaenae. 19 entrants total.

t1439581471z1.png
brlbl

Grief.exe

I don't have any official data but my CPU has been cool for the 4 years since I've applied the thermal paste, even at 4.2Ghz it rarely gets really hot even during intense gaming.

Lol, I don't know man my PC and the 2 I built for friends are all running cool breh (•_•) / ( •_•)>⌐□-□ / (⌐□_□)

Either way will work sure, I just have been doing it this way and it works fine and the temps are good.

Sure it works, but it is objectively one of the worst methods, if not the worst, way to apply TIM. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/thermal-paste-heat-sink-heat-spreader,3600-5.html

If the ultimate goal is to improve performance, lower fan noise, and increase product life than you want to spread, pun intended, the best possible method.

You must have missed when LORD needed help with Ori. That was when I learned.

The struggle is real.

derExperte

Either way will work sure, I just have been doing it this way and it works fine and the temps are good.

You have been living a lie. A lie that's good enough most of the time but still a lie. It's not too late to turn back though, come over to the 'blob in the middle'-side. That's btw exactly why I brought it up, I didn't know better myself the first few years and I know lots of people fall for bad Youtube advice (I watched some of the top result, omg). Spread the word, don't spread the paste.

Sure it works, but it is objectively one of the worst methods, if not the worst, way to apply TIM. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/thermal-paste-heat-sink-heat-spreader,3600-5.html

If the ultimate goal is to improve performance, lower fan noise, and increase product life than you want to spread, pun intended, the best possible method.

The struggle is real.

You have been living a lie. A lie that's good enough most of the time but still a lie. It's not too late to turn back though, come over to the 'blob in the middle'-side.

Well that's... just like your opinion, man...

I actually am due for a good PC cleaning maybe I will try this so called "best" method of thermal pasting.

Caerith

Wow, EA is gonna be sunk after this. Gamers will surely give a shit and boycott their games in protest of practices like this.

I didn't even know i unlocked in steam until I found my name here

Shame,shame,shame

So you downloaded a program called Steam Achievement Manager, then opened up Steam Achievement Manager and clicked a button saying "unlock these achievements in Steam," and you're surprised to find out that those achievements unlocked in Steam?

Vamphuntr

It would be nice if steam could stop being buggy. I'm trying to play SR4 which was working before and now I get an error. Steam servers are too busy to handle your request when launching the game error code 41. What.

Dr Dogg

I actually am due for a good PC cleaning maybe I will try this so called "best" method of thermal pasting.

When you do grab some TIM cleaner and lint free cloths (or coffee filters if you're a cheap bastard) and test out your perfered method and then clean everything up again and try the pea method under 30 mins of a full AVX Linpack stress from something like OCCT. Set the test to quit at 85-90C so if either method gives a bad contact it wont kill you CPU and then report back the results.

vhMHVdo.jpg

;)

When you do grab some TIM cleaner and lint free cloths (or coffee filters if you're a cheap bastard) and test out your perfered method and then clean everything up again and try the pea method under 30 mins of a full AVX Linpack stress from something like OCCT. Set the test to quit at 85-90C so if either method gives a bad contact it wont kill you CPU and then report back the results.

I only know what a handful of those words mean.

L.O.R.D

So you downloaded a program called Steam Achievement Manager, then opened up Steam Achievement Manager and clicked a button saying "unlock these achievements in Steam," and you're surprised to find out that those achievements unlocked in Steam?
Like i said before , I didn't thought it's gonna be unblocked in steam server
I thought it's only going to be unlocked in my PC , once i restart steam it's going to be back normal

Grief.exe

But it's not an opinion lol

The entire point of thermal paste is to increase thermal conductivity, making it easier for heat to pass through the die to the heat sink. Thermal paste reduces the microscopic imperfections that create inefficient transfer.

The reason the line or dot method are considered to be the best as it creates a smooth, thin, equal spread of the material. Spreading manually will cause small air pockets along with some pieces have thicker spread than others.

Family bought a 4K UHD TV... but I doubt there are 4K films or games that output 4K already right?

Every PC game with arbitrary 16:9 support, which would be the majority of PC games.

Like i said before , I didn't thought it's gonna be unblocked in steam server
I thought it's only going to be unlocked in my PC , once i restart steam it's going to be back normal

I'm curious what the point of that would be.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Family bought a 4K UHD TV... but I doubt there are 4K films or games that output 4K already right?

It depends on how you digest your content. Both Netflix and Amazon offer 4K stream options, and "4K BluRay" players and discs are expected to hit later this year.

Gaming consoles won't do native 4K, but hooking up a PC over HDMI (1.4 or better) with enough horsepower (and a compatible game) will do the trick.

Maniac

Banned
I'm sure he's a nice guy but something about Linus does my nut in. Plus the product placement in all of his vids urgh. I know the dude has got to get paid but some of it is so random. Logan and the chaps over at Tek Syndicate do some interesting vids and even though he can be a right berk TTL from OC3D is something I pop on in the background for shits and giggles when having a load of work on. I mean come on look at this monster cooling solution!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUbpb23yTK8

Top tip do watch to the very, very end ;)

U wot m8? U wan me to fokken jab ye?

Cause that's how you get me to jab ye. Don't go dissin Linux!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom