• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

I think only Goty once. I'm not a big AAA guy but what else is coming out this year that isn't the annual CoD or AssCreed? Otherwise GAF's goty is just going to between The Witcher 3 and MGSV, I would assume anyway.

I would have loved to seen the three-way between Zelda, Uncharted and Metal Gear this year but the other 2 went running. All 3 series have massive fan bases on GAF with some overlap so would have been a very interesting year results wise. Wticher 3 while a great game and picking up a lot of new fans is still not enough to contend with MGS. AssCreed and COD really get the short end of the stick on GAF and have teeny communities compared to their mainstream success. Halo might depending on the quality but 2015 is pretty much MGSV's to lose.

MRORANGE

Just a quick update on my my mini arcade machine.build progress.

Sorry for not posting that much, I wanted to have something physical before posting again, otherwise it's just boring read posts about planning/concepts and such drivel.

So I had my first go at using a laser cutter.

yThjWd6.jpg

This is what I got :D

Only took 2 minutes to cut as well, really tempted to learn CAD programs now :) really impressed with the results using 6nm mdf, really sturdy and strong, no flex, will apply a acrylic layer on top, probably white. or red. my only two complaints are that I should use flat screw bolts, while the current ones are not uncomfortable they are still annoying when playing. The other annoyance are the length of happ buttons, I doubt I can fit buttons on the side as they will hit the other buttonss due to size (280mmx140mm). I really like it though, it's compact but still has plenty of spacing for fingers. I was really scared I screwed up the joystick mount but it was a perfect fit :)

I also solved the 12v to 5v problem! Costs less than £3 and no rainbow square yet so far :)

I'm going to buy a sheet of MDF and cut out the rest of the parts probably next week., wish me luck!

MUnited83

For you.
You guys forgot Bloodborne will also carve out a place.
It will definitely be pretty high up, but I feel like the GOTYs are pretty influentes by how late in the year the game released . Usually people go for their favorite game that os freshest on their memories. Also, the Honeymoon period.

It will definitely be pretty high up, but I feel like the GOTYs are pretty influentes by how late in the year the game released . Usually people go for their favorite game that os freshest on their memories.
Skyrim won in 2011, the same year as Witcher 2 and Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

It will definitely be pretty high up, but I feel like the GOTYs are pretty influentes by how late in the year the game released . Usually people go for their favorite game that os freshest on their memories.

RE4, Portal 2, Journey, TLoU, Mass Effect 2 won GAF Gotys and they've released first half of the year and a couple of these also did very well in other awards. MGS4 was a June release too.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I played Infinite on Hard from the get go and died like twice

again; weirdos

enjoyed the combat and mixing powers

You're a much more patient man than I.

I really loved the game but stuff like the ghost fights were a slog and the combat did get a bit tedious by the end. It kept interesting narrative hooks throughout but the gameplay wasn't the best.

But my first hour with Bioshock Infinite was unlike any other game ever, and nothing could spoil that. That opening area is just magnificent.

Uzzy

Fallout 4 and MGSV will fight it out for GOTY, proving once again that the title is meaningless.

Transistor was robbed!

I would have loved to seen the three-way between Zelda, Uncharted and Metal Gear this year but the other 2 went running. All 3 series have massive fan bases on GAF with some overlap so would have been a very interesting year results wise. Wticher 3 while a great game and picking up a lot of new fans is still not enough to contend with MGS. AssCreed and COD really get the short end of the stick on GAF and have teeny communities compared to their mainstream success. Halo might depending on the quality but 2015 is pretty much MGSV's to lose.
The Witcher 3, MGSV, Zelda WiiU and Uncharted 4 would have been a hell of a year. I don't care about GOTY awards usually but, I would have loved to see the voting process.

I'm glad its coming along great!
You guys forgot Bloodborne will also carve out a place.
Oh yeah! That will be up there.

If more people owned WiiUs, I think Splatoon would be up there. It might get up there anyway though.

EDIT: Oh yeah Fallout 4 is this year as well.

MUnited83

For you.
The Witcher 3, MGSV, Zelda WiiU and Uncharted 4 would have been a hell of a year. I don't care about GOTY awards usually but, I would have loved to see the voting process.

I'm glad its coming along great!

Oh yeah! That will be up there.

If more people owned WiiUs, I think Splatoon would be up there. It might get up there anyway though.

EDIT: Oh yeah Fallout 4 is this year as well.
People don't own Wii Us and Bayonetta 2 still won last year, so there's definitely a possibility, though I doubt it wi overcome the giant mountains of Hype that are MGSV and FO4

I rarely play a lot of the high profile games that come out on Steam that everyone seems to love the year they come out unless they are free to play usually. So yeah.

People don't own Wii Us and Bayonetta 2 still won last year, so there's definitely a possibility, though I doubt it wi overcome the giant mountains of Hype that are MGSV and FO4
Nah, it won't. I think it will get an honorable mention though.

So I'm running on 8GB of DDR3, is there any real benefit to getting more RAM? I'm running Win7x64 since I think that affects how much RAM I can have installed if I remember right.

L.O.R.D

Lol, I was watching a movie in mbc2 (movie channel)
It was training day, then saw the boom.gif

First time i am seeing this movie

Yep. Dunno why people hate on Infinite, I guess that they expected something different maybe.

I loved the game, but i do believe it was the world and story that can take nearly full credit. I love the complex scifi concepts that were employed by the plot. Spent hours reading about it and even contributing to plot explanations/theories on a wiki, which i have never done before or since.

MUnited83

For you.
Yep. Dunno why people hate on Infinite, I guess that they expected something different maybe.
I liked the game to a certain extent, but it ultimatelly it fell flat. Gameplay crappier than BioShock 2, and none of the big-ass areas full of enemies they showed in initial footage made it to the game. I was hyped for the game they had shown but it ended being nothing like that. Was a dissapointment for sure, for me.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Black Sheep for Dream of Mirror Online -- MB-6C4851422B974856

t1439584771z1.png

Knurek

So I'm running on 8GB of DDR3, is there any real benefit to getting more RAM? I'm running Win7x64 since I think that affects how much RAM I can have installed if I remember right.

I'm also on 8 GB and the only time I hit memory limit so far was with CoD:AW.
Had to close ChromeOpera, the horror, the horror.

Ozium

Speaking of Arthea GOTY games anyone doing a happy hour for the mysteries bundle on indiegala? Not sure how that happy hour stuff works

crazyrabbits was also inquiring

edit: LiS is whack and I will tell you why.. because it lacks Detective Inspector JENKS

Arthea

I'm also on 8 GB and the only time I hit memory limit so far was with CoD:AW.
Had to close ChromeOpera, the horror, the horror.

These days I close browsers while playing more taxing games, not sure how we came to such sad state of affairs, but browsers are resources hungry, much more than they have any right to be.

Speaking of Arthea GOTY games anyone doing a happy hour for the mysteries bundle on indiegala? Not sure how that happy hour stuff works

crazyrabbits was also inquiring

... my GOTY? how come you know so little about me and my goties, I think I make enough fuss about those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom