• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
LORD has two tombstones

Even in death, he's still cheating

OMG

XE9PkWz.gif

You win.

Nzyme32

Like i said before , I didn't thought it's gonna be unblocked in steam server
I thought it's only going to be unlocked in my PC , once i restart steam it's going to be back normal

What's the point though? I don't get this at all. Why bother? At least if you were doing it for it to show up on Steam I would see it as some sort of ego dick waving contest (even though it is blatantly obvious you didn't achieve them properly). It makes even less sense in the way you describe it

L.O.R.D

What's the point though? I don't get this at all. Why bother? At least if you were doing it for it to show up on Steam I would see it as some sort of ego dick waving contest (even though it is blatantly obvious you didn't achieve them properly). It makes even less sense in the way you describe it
Yeah,it didn't even make sense to me either
Because if I really want to test it, I was going to unlock everything
After doing 5 games i thought it was lame and closed the program

This Friday we are playing Killing Floor 2 on Euro game night, murricans are welcome too.

It only has up to 6 player coop so seats will be limited, but I'm not sure how many people will actually have the game.

header.jpg

1 - NingenJanai
2 - Maniac
3 - derExperte - too busy with football
4 - corrosivefrost
5 - ricochetguro - girly excuses
hope you feel better soon
6 - Spirited
7 - freshveggie
8 - Roboleon
9 - Se7enSword
10 - The Dear Leader
11 - Black Soma
12 - Sch1sm
13 - Sokka
14 - Sayara
15 -
16 -

t1439578800z0.png

Mumble server thanks to Spirited ( quote to reveal )

Game is starting, if anyone doesn't have me on their friend list please add me.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
This Friday we are playing Killing Floor 2 on Euro game night, murricans are welcome too.

It only has up to 6 player coop so seats will be limited, but I'm not sure how many people will actually have the game.

header.jpg

1 - NingenJanai
2 - Maniac
3 - derExperte - too busy with football
4 - corrosivefrost
5 - ricochetguro - girly excuses
hope you feel better soon
6 - Spirited
7 - freshveggie
8 - Roboleon
9 - Se7enSword
10 - The Dear Leader
11 - Black Soma
12 - Sch1sm
13 - Sokka
14 - Sayara
15 -
16 -

t1439578800z0.png

Mumble server thanks to Spirited ( quote to reveal )

Game is starting, if anyone doesn't have me on their friend list please add me.

I see how it is~

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like I'm running late! :(

I'll inquire in PM on Steam when I get home, if possible I'll jump on, if not: next time ragazzi!

Salsa

id play Killing Floor 2 with y'all but I played it once and it appears my years-ago-killing-floor-1 knowledge hasnt translated well

Sch1sm

There nothing to understand here
it was really stupid idea

Let's stop talking about it then. We're going in circles without answers, and it's probably only making you anxious about being "banned" when that probably won't even happen. Just relax, stop trying to justify. We aren't your L.O.R.D.

I know Bioshock Infinite was kind of a bummer but i miss having an intriguing FPS to look forward to. And now with Metal Gear going away, it just seems like some of the more interesting AAA franchises are disappearing.

I guess there's always Quantum Break.

Salsa

I know Bioshock Infinite was kind of a bummer but i miss having an intriguing FPS to look forward to. And now with Metal Gear going away, it just seems like some of the more interesting AAA franchises are disappearing.

I guess there's always Quantum Break.

loved Bioshock Infinite. It's a great game, and pretty much everyone did when it came out

you 2cool weirdos

Parsnip

So to my absolute surprise, I got an email from Mozilla a few minutes ago saying that Enhanced Steam 7.3 had been signed. I've uploaded the new (signed) version to the website.
Oh nice.

I'm still debating if I should sink the time into doing a "maintenance release" and fixing a few of the bugs that have popped up like JaseC mentioned. A 15 hour turnaround time from Mozilla is better than the 3-4 weeks it used to take. I'm just worried about doing that because I know I'll get hit with "Why didn't you add X feature from the Chrome version?" and so forth.

Either way I decide, nothing is happening with ES for Firefox until 7.8 is out on Chrome.
After seeing some of the posts you have to deal with from FF users, I'm just happy you are even considering any updates at all, and got the current version signed.

loved Bioshock Infinite. It's a great game, and pretty much everyone did when it came out

you 2cool weirdos

BI starts strong with 5-6 hours of HOLY SHIT.

Then it's a mediocre shooter that grows tiresome for the last 10 hours.

I've told everyone who has asked to play it on easy just to spare them the grind

No one could ever reach his level.

His troll level was over 9000

I've told everyone who has asked to play it on easy just to spare them the grind

I enjoyed BI. Not the best FPS ever, but the story was a total mind fuck and that's good enough for me. Spent hours reading about the game after I finished to help fill in the pieces.

BioShock Infinite makes a great first impression and then a rollercoaster ending, which obfuscates much of the games problems.

Jump into Infinite threads on GAF now and it is readily apparent that the luster has faded.

This happens with just about any game though that is hyped to infinity and beyond. Doesn't MGS4 suffer the same for example?

I wasn't on GAF when 4 came out, but I've seen the OT. Ask people about it now and they either loved it or hated it.

Grief.exe

you 2cool weirdos

BioShock Infinite makes a great first impression and then a rollercoaster ending, which obfuscates much of the games problems.

Jump into Infinite threads on GAF now and it is readily apparent that the luster has faded.

I would say it's only about the first 30-45 minutes ;)

Yes, play on Easy. The harder difficulties really magnify much of the poor design.

Ruruja

ewwwwww Firefox just disabled pretty much all my add-ons because they aren't signed.

Ironic that EnhancedSteam is one of the few that is signed.

EDIT: Anyone else in the same situation, go into about:config and set "xpinstall.signatures.required" to false.

rtcn63

*shrug* I enjoyed Bioshock Infinite all the way through. The art-direction is astounding.
Played on normal.

The Ghost sucked though.

Upgraded sniper rifle and/or any weapon + upgraded Charge (spammed) makes her a cakewalk. It gets you close, makes you briefly invulnerable, and regenerates your shields IIRC.

Dr Dogg

This happens with just about any game though that is hyped to infinity and beyond. Doesn't MGS4 suffer the same for example?

I wasn't on GAF when 4 came out, but I've seen the OT. Ask people about it now and they either loved it or hated it.

MGS 4, winner of GAF GOTY 2008 not once but twice! Can't imagine what 5 is going to end up with.

Upgraded sniper rifle and/or any weapon + upgraded Charge makes her a cakewalk. It gets you close, makes you briefly invulnerable, and regenerates your shields, IIRC.

Thanks for the advice. Although, I didn't really get stuck or anything. I just realized that "this is really dumb." Same with the final battle.

Honest to God, I don't think I ever died in my play-through. I watched a BI speedrun recently and the runner was using death-abuse to skip certain gates. I thought "Oh wow...Dying looks pretty cool."

rtcn63

BI really should have let you carry all your weapons. And the Vox stuff was useless, they would've been better off giving you alternative ammo types like in the previous games.

MGS 4, winner of GAF GOTY 2008 not once but twice! Can't imagine what 5 is going to end up with.
I think only Goty once. I'm not a big AAA guy but what else is coming out this year that isn't the annual CoD or AssCreed? Otherwise GAF's goty is just going to between The Witcher 3 and MGSV. I mean that's what I assume anyway.

BI really should have let you carry all your weapons. And the Vox stuff was useless, they would've been better off giving you alternative ammo types like in the previous games.

Makes you wonder how much game there was before Rod Fergusson got there to get shit in order. Game feels badly paced and bloated in parts.

I think only Goty once. I'm not a big AAA guy but what else is coming out this year that isn't the annual CoD or AssCreed? Otherwise GAF's goty is just going to between The Witcher 3 and MGSV. I mean that's what I assume anyway.

Just Cause 3 could make a case for itself.

Oh, and Fallout 4, the bad fallout game that we all endure so that Obsidian can bless us with a better experience.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

It won twice. They did a re-vote because people who hate MGS4 hate MGS4 and think they speak for the majority.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
ewwwwww Firefox just disabled pretty much all my add-ons because they aren't signed.

Ironic that EnhancedSteam is one of the few that is signed.

EDIT: Anyone else in the same situation, go into about:config and set "xpinstall.signatures.required" to false.

As others here have mentioned, that "fix" will only work until the next update. In Firefox 42, they are removing the option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom