• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rarely can pick a Goty, so who knows.
I'm also on 8 GB and the only time I hit memory limit so far was with CoD:AW.
Had to close ChromeOpera, the horror, the horror.
I guess I am just good with memory management or don't play games that eat memory then.

L.O.R.D

I'm also on 8 GB and the only time I hit memory limit so far was with CoD:AW.
Had to close ChromeOpera, the horror, the horror.
h26cJSG.jpg

Dr Dogg

Watch Splatoon, Mario Maker and Xenoblade Chronicles X sweep 1, 2 & 3 and loads of peeps flip the fuck out.

Torment alpha keys are now available. 426MB download/1.5GB install.

This soon? Do I spoil myself or not? I can't even remember if my pledge included alpha access.

Khronico

I still think Life is Strange is GOTY, but The Witcher 3 is definitely second for me so far.

After seeing most of the episodes on youtube, LiS looks great and vastly better than what TellTale has been putting out, but GOTY!?

Opinions I guess.

My top three is prob gonna be Witcher 3, Hotline Miami 2, MGSV. I'll have to sort out the rest once the time comes.

How about we appreciate all these great games we have, and will have soon instead? Too early to speak of GOTY at the moment.
I can't fully appreciate the games I like unless I insult you personally and call all your favorite games trash. Don't you know how the internet works?

Salsa

You're a much more patient man than I.

I really loved the game but stuff like the ghost fights were a slog and the combat did get a bit tedious by the end. It kept interesting narrative hooks throughout but the gameplay wasn't the best.

But my first hour with Bioshock Infinite was unlike any other game ever, and nothing could spoil that. That opening area is just magnificent.

those twice times I died were definetly against lady comstock

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I just want Pillars of Eternity to end up doing well in both the steamgaf goty and the gaf goty voting. It'll never win either, but I hope it's well represented.

Salsa

fallout 4 peeps in for a rude awakening

and hey I might as well be one of them, not like I disliked 3 (loved new vegas) but... geez..

milena87

So far my pick would be The Witcher 3. I'm a huge Witcher fan and CDPR crafted a nearly perfect game for me.

Second place to Life is Strange for now, then we'll see after episode 5.

And Pillars of Eternity for third place. Good game, but not as amazing as The Witcher. I'm definitely looking forward to the expansions, though.

Unless... would Grim Fandango be eligible for GOTY? Or KotOR 2? :p

Khronico

I just want Pillars of Eternity to end up doing well in both the steamgaf goty and the gaf goty voting. It'll never win either, but I hope it's well represented.

Pillars of Eternity came out this year?

I legit forgot that happened and I own it.

I should play it before this year ends.

Maniac

Banned
Anyone that likes RPGs will have TW3 for their GOTY. PS players will have MGSV; fans of MGS will have MGSV, weirdos and creeps will have LiS; stalkery types will have Warren and Salsa will have Rocket League.

There you have it ladies & gentlemen.

Oh and iosefe will have ATP Bankheists as his GOTY, of course.

Edit: No seriously if TW3 doesn't win SteamGAF GOTY I will castrate everyone.

Pillars of Eternity came out this year?

I legit forgot that happened and I own it.

I should play it before this year ends.

Play it when the expansion is out?

Anyone that likes RPGs will have TW3 for their GOTY. PS players will have MGSV; fans of MGS will have MGSV, weirdos and creeps will have LiS; stalkery types will have Warren and Salsa will have Rocket League.

There you have it ladies & gentlemen.

Oh and iosefe will have ATP Bankheists as his GOTY, of course.
lol

I can't fully appreciate the games I like unless I insult you personally and call all your favorite games trash. Don't you know how the internet works?
Doesn't mean I can't change that! REVOLUTION!!!

shut the fuck up
I'm typing. I never said a word. :p

Arthea

So far my pick would be The Witcher 3. I'm a huge Witcher fan and CDPR crafted a nearly perfect game for me.

Second place to Life is Strange for now, then we'll see after episode 5.

And Pillars of Eternity for third place. Good game, but not as amazing as The Witcher. I'm definitely looking forward to the expansions, though.

Unless... would Grim Fandango be eligible for GOTY? Or KotOR 2? :p

both Grim Fandango and KOTOR 2 are eligible for steamgaf GOTY, unless rules will be changed.

Maniac

Banned
Xbone owners wont have a GOTY because they only have games coming out in 2016.
both Grim Fandango and KOTOR 2 are eligible for steamgaf GOTY, unless rules will be changed.

KOTOR 2 didn't get a remaster or a remake though; it was 'simply' a patch. ;)
Dying Light is my 3rd place GOTY so far, fight me.

Dying Light is pretty fucking great, so I can't fault you for that. It's definitely in my top 5 at the moment.
Tomb Raider is a shoe in for GOTY as there isn't much else.

True, lol.

Khronico

Play it when the expansion is out?

lol

Yeah that's what I plan on doing.

Just looking at the steam upcoming games of 2015:

Warhammer End Times Vermintide
Blood Bowl 2
MGSV
Shadowrun Hong Kong
Zesty Tales
Fallout 4
XCOM 2

faints.gif

fallout 4 peeps in for a rude awakening

and hey I might as well be one of them, not like I disliked 3 (loved new vegas) but... geez..

I know I'll probably be disappointed in aspects of 4 but holy cow I need more Fallout

I need it

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This year's SteamGAF GOTY voting sounds like it's going to be insane. There are and have been so many good games released on Steam this year that it's going to be hard for me to choose just 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom