• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

The Evil Within is already my 2014 2015 GOTY

might be second to the witcher if it came out this year

that game is godly and you're all crazy

madjoki

What's the deal with the The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing remakes? Aren't they supposed to be free if you own all 3?

Yes.

http://www.neocoregames.com/2015/07/announcing-the-incredible-adventures-of-van-helsing-final-cut/

The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut will be available in September 2015. It will be a standalone title on Steam, priced $44.99. But here’s the twist: anyone who owns all three games in the trilogy already, will get this epic game for free!

Maniac

Banned
This year's SteamGAF GOTY voting sounds like it's going to be insane. There are and have been so many good games released on Steam this year that it's going to be hard for me to choose just 5.

Same here. And we've still got lots of great looking ones left MGSV, Mad Max, Fallout 4 (Doesn't look amazing but it looks like a thoroughly fun game) and fucking XCOM 2.

And bitch I got the canon XCom ending in record time! :p
Just kidding I'm just terrible at the game.

Dr.Acula

Banned
There is a new champion.

L21yb8A.png

WTF Firefox is the most ram efficient? Am I living in bizarro land?

Dr Dogg

Same here. And we've still got lots of great looking ones left MGSV, Mad Max, Fallout 4 (Doesn't look amazing but it looks like a thoroughly fun game) and fucking XCOM 2.

And bitch I got the canon XCom ending in record time! :p
Just kidding I'm just terrible at the game.

Have you heard what the canon ending for XCOM is leading into 2? Spoilerz it doesn't go well.

Salsa

oh DIshonored Definitive Edition comes out on consoles this year

boom counts Dishonored GOTY of all years

Dishonored best game ever made after Spelunky

Dishonored bigger than jesus

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Nice - looking forward to reading impressions from those who are in the alpha.

There's no meat to it; it's literally just a systems test:

Well that was certainly a... short look at the game. The Steam timer stated 10 minutes and that was only because I was purposely reading slowly. It was basically you (your Avatar) in your mind running to three glowing globes with a memory inside. Depending on how you chose to respond to a situation gives you a boost in Intelligence, Speed or Might. The first "memory was of someone drowning (you I presume) and you can quickly grab the person (speed) or break the globe (might). You then answer a number of questions that I assume increases certain skills but it didn't show me what those were. At the end you "see" yourself in a mirror and can either choose the individual doppelganger or choose that that's not you. I chose "It's not me." and the Alpha ends telling me this is where I would be able to distribute points how I see fit when the game is released. Then that's it

The next alpha will probably involve completing some sort of quest, but I think those wanting to sink their teeth into something will have to wait until the beta.

milena87

both Grim Fandango and KOTOR 2 are eligible for steamgaf GOTY, unless rules will be changed.

I was almost sure about Grim Fandango. We'll see abut KotOR 2.

If we'll be able to vote it, I'll totally put it as my second pick behind The Witcher 3. Such an awesome game.

Arthea

if Trails SC releases this year, there is 99% chance it'll end up being my goty, but as there is 1% chance of it actually releasing this year, Witcher and PoE both have chances if I'll manage to finish them this year. And I like how you are all forgetting Higurashi, not cool!

The RPG category for this year will be swamped. Witcher 3, Fallout 4(?), Pillars of Eternity, Shadowrun: Hong Kong, some others I'm probably forgetting, plus Wasteland and Divinity Enhanced Editions.

One or all of them will get the short end of the stick and I don't know that I'll like it.
There is a new champion.

Chrome still wins because it has a better comic. In my heart, at least.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
SteamGAF GOTY voting should also be interesting because we have a lot of late ports that arrived on PC this year.

So games like Grand Theft Auto V, Assassin's Creed Rogue, and D4 will all be eligible.

Khronico

both Grim Fandango and KOTOR 2 are eligible for steamgaf GOTY, unless rules will be changed.

I mean, KOTOR 2 is arguably the best game ever made and game of the year every year, but idk if it's fair to the other amazing games released this year if it was eligible
Because it would win

OMG D4 came out on PC this year too aaaaaaahhhh

MUnited83

For you.
I'd still use Opera 12 if it didn't have all kinds of imcompabilities today. Still the best browser ever made. Shame what they did to it after 12 :(

No and everyone should switch.

No ES, no deal.

How is KotoR2 eligible? It didn't re-release on Steam, a new version isn't on Steam, it just got a big patch and workshop support.

Grim Fandango on the other hand, yeah, the HD remaster came out in January, so that's eligible.

Does he even play more than 10 games a year?

He'd only need to complete 1 to vote, and only 5 votes for Steam GoTY anyway.

Thanks to everyone who came out tonight for SteamGAF Blood on the Killing Floor night! We got rekt pretty badly, and some confusion ended up tripping up the two lobbies we had situated. We'll get it all figured out a bit better next time hopefully.

Including killing this bastard.
I'm glad you all had fun!

Wish I was there;_;

I'd still use Opera 12 if it didn't have all kinds of imcompabilities today. Still the best browser ever made. Shame what they did to it after 12 :(
I actively tried to use it for years but every update ruined something.

Arthea

How's KOTOR 2 eligible? It's been available on Steam since at least 2012, all it got was achievements and Workshop support this year.

yeah, my mistake, I thought it counts as a remaster, but Maniac was right, it was a patch, extensive, but a patch. They called it update, not a remaster.

not only, it has wide screen mode now, supports 4K and 5K, not to mention cheevos, controller and cloud support. I consider it more of a remaster than a simple update, but I can't argue with steam.

so ya, it doesn't count.

Caerith

yeah, my mistake, I thought it counts as a remaster, but Maniac was right, it was a patch, extensive, but a patch. They called it update, not a remaster.

not only, it has wide screen mode now, supports 4K and 5K, not to mention cheevos, controller and cloud support. I consider it more of a remaster than a simple update, but I can't argue with steam.

so ya, it doesn't count.

What if Dishonored Definitive Edition comes to Steam, would that be eligible? Since it's called a new edition, I mean, even though it's basically the GOTY edition we already have.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I dont think Jase votes

I only vote for a game if I finished it that year and consider it a GOTY candidate. I was supposed to finish my South Park playthrough before the end of last year so I could vote for it, but never got around to doing so.

Dsyndrome

Y'all are going to change your tunes when Lightning Returns comes out and blows everything else out of the water.

Seriously though, Witcher 3 all the way. LiS is good but doesn't reach W3's awesomeness.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
What if Dishonored Definitive Edition comes to Steam, would that be eligible? Since it's called a new edition, I mean, even though it's basically the GOTY edition we already have.

If it's a completely new app, it'll count. Same is true of the Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin release earlier this year.

But it's the same criteria that will exclude the "re-release" of KOTOR 2.

derExperte

WTF Firefox is the most ram efficient? Am I living in bizarro land?

It's also becoming faster and faster, 40 made a nice jump.

Thanks to everyone who came out tonight for SteamGAF Blood on the Killing Floor night! We got rekt pretty badly, and some confusion ended up tripping up the two lobbies we had situated. We'll get it all figured out a bit better next time hopefully.

Including killing this bastard.

I feel a little guilty about no being there and healing you noobs to victory but BAAAAYYYEERRRNNNNN.

This year's SteamGAF GOTY voting sounds like it's going to be insane. There are and have been so many good games released on Steam this year that it's going to be hard for me to choose just 5.

If this year was any indication, though, you'll have until next May to figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom