• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Thanks to everyone who came out tonight for SteamGAF Blood on the Killing Floor night! We got rekt pretty badly, and some confusion ended up tripping up the two lobbies we had situated. We'll get it all figured out a bit better next time hopefully.

Including killing this bastard.

Had a great time, hoping for less confusion and we'll plow some goddamn Zeds for next week.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
if Trails SC releases this year, there is 99% chance it'll end up being my goty, but as there is 1% chance of it actually releasing this year, Witcher and PoE both have chances if I'll manage to finish them this year. And I like how you are all forgetting Higurashi, not cool!

Keep believing, man. Keep believing!

I believe with him :/

In other news, the Rocket League hype is real, already played almost seven hours today

Witness the Schnitzelfee brothers owning the game

hkmHzVL.jpg

so much fun...

Caerith

If it's a completely new app, it'll count. Same is true of the Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin release earlier this year.

Hmm. So if Arkham Knight - Game of the Year Edition comes out this year, #1 and #2 can both be Arkham Knight, right? Because different app ID, even if same content, I mean.

I can see SotFS counting because at least that changes things in the base game.

Hmm. So if Arkham Knight - Game of the Year Edition comes out this year, #1 and #2 can both be Arkham Knight, right? Because different app ID, even if same content, I mean.

WB is salivating at the thought of wiping the Steam reviews out.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Fair point... Last year I kinda had to moderate this on a case by case basis for a few games, and I'm sure the 2015 voting will continue that trend.

That's what console people say in performance threads.
But you do have ES, just not the latest one.

Not the new one? Still no deal.
Hell, I'm lazy enough that I haven't pulled the git source to get the market features for selling yet, but I'm still hounding Jshackles to release it to chrome store so my browser will update.

Firefox is relegated to work usage anyway, since that's something that's required for my work.

Hektor

We all know GOTY is going to be gwent, even tho Fallout: New Vegas' Caravan was objectively, factually superior because i say so but that doesnt matter since F:NV didnt release this year, so gwent.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Watching Atonement and woah I think that's a very young Ronan there

Yeah, that would be her Oscar-nominated role. She was 12 when filming kicked off (mid-2006 or so). I still think The Lovely Bones plays host to her best performance, but Brooklyn, which has been getting a palpable amount of Oscar buzz since premiering at Sundance, might change that.

Edit: inXile's GAF rep has confirmed that Torment will have a separate app for its final release:
We will have a separate app for release.

USD$65 well spent.

Caerith

WB is salivating at the thought of wiping the Steam reviews out.
Didn't Marvel Heroes rebrand itself as Marvel Heroes 2015 to wipe out its bad metacritic score?

Fair point... Last year I kinda had to moderate this on a case by case basis for a few games, and I'm sure the 2015 voting will continue that trend.

It just seems kinda weird to allow something just because it's a +1, like maybe instead have a top ten best new games and a top five best updates to old games or something. But then, I wasn't around for last year's voting, so I don't mean to be stepping on the toes of a collective decision for what does and does not count.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It just seems kinda weird to allow something just because it's a +1, like maybe instead have a top ten best new games and a top five best updates to old games or something. But then, I wasn't around for last year's voting, so I don't mean to be stepping on the toes of a collective decision for what does and does not count.

Maybe "eligible because it's a different app" is a bit backwards like you say. I was thinking more along the lines of "this game is being relaunched as a completely separate purchase - even for those that already own the game" kind of thing. More like Deus Ex Director's Cut, Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition, Scholar of the First Sin, Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition, and games like that.

Like if owning Batman + the Season pass automatically puts the "Definitive Edition" (or whatever they're calling it) in your library, it wouldn't count as a separate game.

But of course I'll have more definitive guidelines in place as the voting window draws closer.

Sober

They should just rename the new version Batman: Arkham Knight -
Jason Todd
Edition

(yes those are real spoilers under that)

They should just rename the new version Batman: Arkham Knight -
Jason Todd
Edition

(yes those are real spoilers under that)

It'll have some undeserved uplifting subtitle. "B:AK — Reborn Edition," and WB will release individual teaser trailers for new features like reasonable memory usage, >30fps and lack of hitching.

Gaffe of the Year needs to stick though.

It's weird cause I was kinda excited to play Arkham Knight but the instant I saw how much batmobile stuff was in it I was completely turned off. Not what I want in a Batman game.

If you're genuinely excited about playing it, skipping it for that is a disservice to yourself.

The borked PC version though? That's all you need to kill hype.

Didn't Marvel Heroes rebrand itself as Marvel Heroes 2015 to wipe out its bad metacritic score?.

Yup. There's dozens of games that have done that sort of thing. WarZ to Infestation: Survivor Stories endures as the most prominent one, in my mind. IIRC there was some dinosaur game that did it twice; can't remember the name, though.

I hope no matter what, the reviews carry over. WB shall never get beyond this.

That's the thing: there's a handful of games re-releasing specifically to avoid their bad reviews at release. Oddly, indie games are in the lead for this because bigger retailers make their GotY editions either way. (Arkham Knight excepting.)

Salsa

Atraveller saying "I called it" pretty much says its what im thinkin about cause I think I remember his guess

I mean whatever, but ive managed to remain spoiler free and not read anything for like a month now, spoilers4jokes is bad

also the name of my charity

Caerith

Maybe "eligible because it's a different app" is a bit backwards like you say. I was thinking more along the lines of "this game is being relaunched as a completely separate purchase - even for those that already own the game" kind of thing. More like Deus Ex Director's Cut, Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition, Scholar of the First Sin, Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition, and games like that.

Like if owning Batman + the Season pass automatically puts the "Definitive Edition" (or whatever they're calling it) in your library, it wouldn't count as a separate game.

But of course I'll have more definitive guidelines in place as the voting window draws closer.

I'm not sure how I feel about the "it counts if they charge you for it" clause.

Is DLC/etc counted if it doesn't change the app ID? Like, Civ V's Brave New World expansion really improved the game, but it's still the "same" game (unlike any year's Batman GOTY which is a "separate" game but changes nothing), and this year's Beyond Earth expansion which might be just as substantial?

Khronico

If you're genuinely excited about playing it, skipping it for that is a disservice to yourself.

The borked PC version though? That's all you need to kill hype.

I can't really describe it in words but every time I see footage of batmobile stuff my eyes glaze over and I lose interest completely.

Also I was spoiled on the entire story so eh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom