• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
These are the only games I own that have released this year:

Coffin Dodgers (unplayed)
Eternal Senia (unbeaten)
Gurumin (unbeaten)
Killing Floor 2 (unplayed)
Loot Hero DX
Pillars of Eternity
Tengami
Witcher 3 (unplayed)

And I wouldn't vote any of the ones I've played for GOTY to be honest.

yuraya

Assumptions, assumptions, more assumptions. You haven't even played the game, how can you be so sure of quality? What it'll be better than, though that shit is entirely subjective, won't be decided until enough people have actually played through the game.

You also have to keep in mind that, despite it being "considered the weakest entry in the franchise" which I don't agree with, to start, it was also thought to be the last instalment for MGS and that could have skewed the votes of diehard fans (since you either love or hate MGS, really).

There's plenty to debate, but we'll find out. And when MGS V isn't #1 GOTY for SteamGAF, I'm going to be sure to link you to this post on results day.

Taking Kojima over the rest of the field is a very safe assumption :p

Plus we know for sure this is the last MGS game from Kojima as Konami will probably fire him asap after release. So the voting will be swayed even more towards MGS this time around imo.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Finally scored on my own goal in Rocket League. Luckily it's incredibly amusing by knocked around by four different cars without ever touching the car to cause it.

I think Rocket League could win quite a few Game of the Years, potentially in here depending on how many fall into it's lure.

Deitus

That was fun playing Rocket League with you guys. Sorry for completely sucking, and not doing anything useful the entire time.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I like Her Story on the virtue that watching VoidBurger melting down because she hated it so much was hilarious.
FMUZNTd.png

zkylon

zkylewd
I like Her Story on the virtue that watching VoidBurger melting down because she hated it so much was hilarious.
FMUZNTd.png
i mean, i don't think the game's perfect or anything but i really like the ideas behind it and the execution for the most part works

voidburger was funny when she was shitting on like that silent hill game but she also seemed nitpicky and petty in ways that weren't that fair to the game imo

Nete

That's been a pretty good RL session, even with my noobiness with the game and, especially, the flying part. When I grow up I want to be like Salsa.

First time I can play with GAFfers. I'll cry :_)

Killing Floor 2, DMC4SE, Dark Souls 2: SotFS are my top 3 Steam games for 2015 so far.

Hotline Miami 2 clocks in on the list somewhere too, along with MKX, and Wolfenstein: The Old Blood,

Dsyndrome

Just finished Contradiction. Cannot wait for the sequel, I need more D.I. Jenks

Based Jenks.

tumblr_nro1enskFP1qeuiqyo2_500.gif

Jenks.
Only thing i didn't like was the ending, would totally play another one though. I think I read somewhere they may be going back to KS to make it happen.

zkylon

zkylewd
i wonder if life is strange will bother getting into the ethics of the whole "i'll just exhaust all your dialogue and toy with you until i get a result that satisfies me"

like, it started out innocent but now i feel kind of guilty for robbing people of their moments and choices and whatnot

feels like a good theme for like chris avellone to build a game around

Sch1sm

Looking at that Ubi's gog sales, wish Child of Light is there ;_________;

I don't really like that game. I gave it a chance, I really did, but I couldn't get all that into it. First, there's the art style. Which is fine when you get down to it, and matches the story/theme, don't get me wrong; it just threw me off a lot at first. The combat isn't my favourite, either, even the sped up version. It's so far from in your favour when you're facing multiple dark creatures at once.

I think what I'm saying is, it can wait.

fertygo

I don't really like that game. I gave it a chance, I really did, but I couldn't get all that into it. First, there's the art style. Which is fine when you get down to it, and matches the story/theme, don't get me wrong; it just threw me off a lot at first. The combat isn't my favourite, either, even the sped up version. It's so far from in your favour when you're facing multiple dark creatures at once.

I think what I'm saying is, it can wait.

Isn't biggest fan of JRPG? I like a little of what I playing it back then, just wishing it out from Uplay.. so probably, never.

Sch1sm

Alright, which one of you is it?

f9wxChD.png

There's an interesting number of Governor Scott Walker's on Steam. So I have to alter your question, to which one of you isn't?

Isn't biggest fan of JRPG? I like a little of what I playing it back then, just wishing it out from Uplay.. so probably, never.

They're very hit and miss with me. I like some (FFXIII/Ni no Kuni/Suikoden II/KH), I dislike others (Child of Light/Radiant Historia/Persona).

No way it'll be out from uPlay, though. It was on sale this past summer sale, though, so I can't imagine it not seeing another on steam again this year.

zkylon

zkylewd
omg the checkpointing in life is strange is awful

i reloaded from last checkpoint just to try some dialogue i missed cos
grabbed frank's keys before exhausting all his dialogue (i forgot items are magically kept on max forever)
and now it's like 30 minutes of unskippable dialogue all over again

omg the checkpointing in life is strange is awful

i reloaded from last checkpoint just to try some dialogue i missed cos
grabbed frank's keys before exhausting all his dialogue (i forgot items are magically kept on max forever)
and now it's like 30 minutes of unskippable dialogue all over again

I had the same issue on that episode. Accidentally pressed CTRL.

Soooooo 2016 right?
2015 #believe

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Firewatch, No Man's Sky, and Below 2015. Believe.

The indie trifecta.

If NMS releases later this month or next, then a PC release this year is very possible. Sony's been pushing the game quite a bit, though, so I wouldn't be surprised if the exclusivity period is six months rather than three.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
If NMS releases later this month or next, then a PC release this year is very possible. Sony's been pushing the game quite a bit, though, so I wouldn't be surprised if the exclusivity period is six months rather than three.

Didn't the dev confirm the release would be simultaneous on both platforms, thought he said that on the PC gaming thing on E3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom