• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, which one of you is it?

f9wxChD.png

Looks like he jumped off the Rubio bandwagon!

It's Intheflorsh

zkylon

zkylewd
so um, i had way more fun with cobra club than i should've :T

I had the same issue on that episode. Accidentally pressed CTRL.
i never understand why developers go through all that trouble to make their cutscenes unskippable

just let me jump super quick, no cool effects, no nothing, pls save me all this trouble

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Top games this year:
Hotline Miami 2
Life is Strange
Rocket League
Wolfenstein Old Blood

Not really. MGS4 won GOTY on GAF two different times. That game is considered the weakest entry in the franchise and it was PS3 exclusive.

No way TPP is going to be worse than MGS4 and its releasing on 5 platforms.

Kojima will take all the awards at the end of the year. There is nothing to debate.

MGS has never been a big factor though in GOTY awards. It might have won a couple of awards from sites and their reader's choice, but it never swept anything. And it never won the big ones, like GDC, DICE or BAFTA and it wasn't even nominated for those.

Finished Shadow Warrior! Great game, Wang is awesome!

Loved the banter and exchanges between Wang and Hoji, and some of those fortune cookies were great!

My only disappointment with the game was that the armored bosses required long range weapons to be dealt with, I just want to hack everyone with a sword :/

At least the final battle rectified that somewhat. I enjoyed the final upgrade of the sword, and that bit when
I'm destroying Enra and then it gets suddenly taken away
it had me in a mix of emotions, but in the end I liked that twist.

Thank you for the excellent game, Kiru!

I don't think that the hype behind The Phantom Pain will be quashed by anything so seeing that sweep the number one spot won't be surprising. In my opinion, the game is about number two this year. I've only completed The Twin Snakes and a bit of Ground Zeroes but I can see TPP being something great. I really enjoyed GZ, so much that I decided to stop playing it and work through the rest of the series.

Witcher 3 should get quite high given that Inquisition reached number 4 last year. Of course, Inquisition reached number 4 last year so I don't have much confidence in the rest of Gaf's tastes in RPGs. I'm not too hopeful about Fallout 4, given how much better New Vegas is than 3 and the lack of Obsidian in 4, but that probably will give Witcher a run for its money.

Bayonetta, Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros for Wii U manage to beat off Dragon Age: Inquisition, Dark Souls II and Wolfenstein the New Order so I think that Splatoon, Super Mario Maker and Xenoblade can rank quite highly this year. I was pleasantly surprised that, despite the Wii U's much smaller install base, those three came out on top last year. Mario Kart and Smash Bros are probably still my most played titles with the former's play time approaching that of Civ V.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
MGS has never been a big factor though in GOTY awards. It might have won a couple of awards from sites and their reader's choice, but it never swept anything. And it never won the big ones, like GDC, DICE or BAFTA and it wasn't even nominated for those.

It'll win GAF's GOTY poll, though. Like MGS4 before it. Twice. I think The Witcher 3's enduring performance issues on the PS4 and (to a lesser extent) X1 have hampered its chances.

L.O.R.D

manged to undo the stupid thing i did yesterday and deleted my achievements
i still don't know how the hell that program managed to delete something from the server
add something is different from removing

It'll win GAF's GOTY poll, though. Like MGS4 before it. Twice. I think The Witcher 3's enduring performance issues on the PS4 and X1 have hampered its chances.

I don't doubt that, and I know it won twice, but saying Kojima will sweep everything without there being a precedent of MGS ever mattering big time is debatable. Fallout 4 is more likely to take most awards.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
i think jasec's avatar selection has some sort of bias that he does become cheeckier with some of them like the current one.

yuraya

I was talking about GAF awards obviously.

Japanese games never win any big awards in the west so it doesn't really matter what those publications/events/sites think. MGS2 was probably the only one that ever got true love from western media.

And those events and publications don't really hold any credibility either. The fact that games like Titanfall, Evolve, Destiny and Battlefront have won all awards in recent years basically speaks for itself. lol

Uzzy

It'll win GAF's GOTY poll, though. Like MGS4 before it. Twice. I think The Witcher 3's enduring performance issues on the PS4 and (to a lesser extent) X1 have hampered its chances.

Fallout 3 best RPG of the year over Persona 4, fucking Brawl over SF4. GAF has some terrible taste.

JaseC

I don't doubt that, and I know it won twice, but saying Kojima will sweep everything without there being a precedent of MGS ever mattering big time is debatable. Fallout 4 is more likely to take most awards.

Well, yeah, I didn't address that at all because I agree with it.

I was talking about GAF awards obviously.l

Then don't say he will take all the awards lol

And those events and publications don't really hold any credibility either. The fact that games like Titanfall, Evolve, Detisny and Battlefront have won all awards in recent years basically speaks for itself. lol

But they didn't win all the awards. I think Mordor won most GoTY last year with Dragon Age following. Don't recall Titanfall winning big awards. Destiny won BAFTA, but don't recall any other major award. Evolve and Battlefront (and Titanfall) won a lot of Game of the Shows, which is not GoTY.

JaseC

Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Zafehouse Diaries -- MB-7FE0EDEC620E2D53 - Taken by texhnolyze
8-Bit Adventures: The Forgotten Journey Remastered Edition -- MB-6303A08E05222E00 - Taken by nightstorm
Curse of the Assassin -- MB-0153762F2F2AD415 - Taken by redlacs
Freedom Fall -- MB-4214E76C4BF794F9 - Taken by Purkake4
Deadnaut -- MB-7F7FE1288C99C00E - Taken by bobnowhere

Bermuda -- MB-E583FBD232AFE464 - Taken by Loptous
Unhack -- MB-B0410ED0CE4E8441 - Taken by Mikurden
xheRJRF.gif
Blade Kitten -- MB-FC912548FA91864A - Taken by Bayonetta
An Assassin in Orlandes -- MB-8E0CD0711E3BE518 - Taken by Vuze
Once Bitten, Twice Dead -- MB-EC954DF98545A885 - Taken by fuzzy123

i think jasec's avatar selection has some sort of bias that he does become cheeckier with some of them like the current one.

Maybe, but not intentionally!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Every PC game with arbitrary 16:9 support, which would be the majority of PC games

It depends on how you digest your content. Both Netflix and Amazon offer 4K stream options, and "4K BluRay" players and discs are expected to hit later this year.

Gaming consoles won't do native 4K, but hooking up a PC over HDMI (1.4 or better) with enough horsepower (and a compatible game) will do the trick.

TV is for living room only sadly. And the blu ray player we have are PS3.

Ah well. 1080p won't look shit on it right?

Lain

I'd still use Opera 12 if it didn't have all kinds of imcompabilities today. Still the best browser ever made. Shame what they did to it after 12 :(

Don't remind me. I went with chrome (because I didn't like firefox) when I had to move on from Opera 12 and I still miss the awesomeness of the old Opera.

AHA-Lambda

Got a backer email about Shadowrun: Hong Kong, seems that keys are out now for redemption, plus the mini campaign add-on that was prmoised before is now slated for early 2016.

Haunted

Top games this year:
Hotline Miami 2
Life is Strange
Rocket League
Wolfenstein Old Blood
Grow Home (so overlooked)
Besiege
Pillars of Eternity

and of course you've got heavy hitters like Witcher 3 and GTAV who are - purely objectively speaking - excellently made games that a lot of people liked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom