• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
j4DeElm.jpg
I guess I'm in too.
Shame on you salsa. Shame on you.

AHA-Lambda

Watching Vince Vaughn try to deliver totally absurd dialogs with gravitas made the whole season worth it. Best comedy show of the summer.

Funny you say that, just started watching the second episode and Vince Vaughn's super serious monologuing at the start was enough. I can't do it, I'm not watching a full season of what is just apparent crap >_>

Anteater

damn the witcher 3 got much more enjoyable for me after Novigrad, I quite like some of the quests there, didn't like Velen's map all that much.

Think I see why people don't like Season 2 of True Detective, just watched the first episode. Holy hell that was boring =/
Shit was dull as fuck, worse than true blood. Like true blood was shit but it was so bad i could lol at it sometimes, TD season 2 is just flat out boring

Funny you say that, just started watching the second episode and Vince Vaughn's super serious monologuing at the start was enough. I can't do it, I'm not watching a full season of what is just apparent crap >_>

I gave up after the second episode, just couldn't handle it anymore. The Drop in quality between season 1 and 2 must be some sort of record.

Anyway, in more steam news, I've had Steam Marines on my wishlist since forever. I was really pleased it was in the latest weekly. After playing it for an hour, I really shouldn't have bothered as it probably has the worst UI in the history of gaming, the graphics are confusing, nothing is explained and the game is just bad.

Oh well...

Hook is great, you should play it.

Well in that case you should definitely watch one of the best scenes of the season, even if it is out of context.

Convert to the game or against it?

Have you seen anyone say anything against the game so far? Everyone who plays it ends up loving it :p

derExperte

The comments about Everybody's Gone to the Rapture are becoming more harsh by the day in the OT, main problem seems to be that it's actually too open with too little guidance which leads to people missing important stuff, the walking speed making matters even worse. Think I'll skip it for now until a big sale or PS+. Anyone here have any comments? It almost looks like they would've been better served with the originally planned smaller budget which would've forced them to scale everything down and concentrate on the essentials.

Man, I'm a doofus. Recently I asked how to disable chat/group messages during gaming while still being able to take screenshots.
There's exactly for that an option "disable notifications". So easy and prominent (thanks Kurt!).
Tired stupid me had still the one time in mind when I fruitlessly searched for an option to disable only group messages and somehow adopted that to this new, much more easily solvable question. Man I'm a doofus.
The comments about Everybody's Gone to the Rapture are becoming more harsh by the day in the OT, main problem seems to be that it's actually too open with too little guidance which leads to people missing important stuff, the walking speed making matters even worse. Think I'll skip it for now until a big sale or PS+. Anyone here have any comments? It almost looks like they would've been better served with the originally planned smaller budget which would've forced them to scale everything down and concentrate on the essentials.
Shame. The very first trailer had me very intrigued. Obviously interested dropped once devs dropped PC :( but the gameplay snippets I watched on Gamersyde were looking very eventless.
You never know. Maybe it'll bomb enough for Sony to let them port the game? Did that ever happen I dunno.

FloatOn

I'm getting to the point where rayman legends is a little tough. There is this jerk of a jump in the second music stage where you have to jump and glide past these vines that are surrounding you on either side. I wasn't able to do it last night :/

Dsyndrome

TD Season 2 is a bunch of wasted potential and actor ability that goes convoluted and meta for no good reason. Almost everything Frank says is nonsensical, as shown by the pics above, and too much time is spent on sppeches that really don't matter in the scheme of things.

Lera Lynn was awesome though, I want to go drink in that bar listening to her play.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

God Mode -- MB-73F4F3CD4A324EE3 - Taken by salazar547
Skulls of the Shogun -- MB-8693C14EDC9E70AE - Taken by Spirited

Pachimari

I can't believe True Detective have taken such a huge dive from S1 to S2.
I haven't even started watching it yet but it's one of those I want to watch.

Hektor

The refunds really are a blessing, Refunded Convoy an hour ago and its already approved.

Bought it because many people said its FTL meets MAD MAX, in reality tho, its just FTL in bad.

Zeknurn

The word on the street is that Left 4 Dead 3 is going to be revealed in two weeks at PAX Prime and they will show it running on Vive.

derExperte

The refunds really are a blessing, Refunded Convoy an hour ago and its already approved.

Bought it because many people said its FTL meets MAD MAX, in reality tho, its just FTL in bad.

Oh? I have it high up on my wishlist because it got some very good reviews. Could you go into a little more detail?

The word on the street is that Left 4 Dead 3 is going to be revealed in two weeks at PAX Prime and they will show it running on Vive.
Oh? L4D2 gave me lots of joy. One of the easiest pick-up-and-play CoOp shooters. Not sure if I really want a sequel though.
How? With newgen being more similar to PC why wouldn't they just port it easily over.

Ruruja

Good job, Konami. The PS4 and X1 have been around for two years now and are consoles that launched with a mid-range GPU and a CPU intended for mobile devices.

I think the biggest statement we can make is if even you don't buy it. :p

How? With newgen being more similar to PC why wouldn't they just port it easily over.

The easiest answer to this, is of course, "because Konami".

Thought Shadow Warrior got an engine/performance upgrade. It's now running worse than the last time I tried the demo (which was before the upgrade). Oh well, requested a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom