• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
For MGS games?
They're meant to be played on a Playstation controller though... :3
DS4 maybe but everything prior was a piece of shit that no human was meant to use for any game on any platform including PlayStation

Also it's kinda ironic you are telling people what controller to play games on considering how you get offended when people preach mouse and keyboard

DS4 maybe but everything prior was a piece of shit that no human was meant to use for any game on any platform including PlayStation

Also it's kinda ironic you are telling people what controller to play games on considering how you get offended when people preach mouse and keyboard

joke

---

your head.

Besides... if the dirty peasant wants to use a filthy controller, he might as well use the one that the series is *supposed* to use, right?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What's the hot stuff you people are looking forward to (besides MGS)?

header.jpg

header.jpg

header.jpg

Eila

Hey, hey, it ain't exclusive anymoooreee.

I played 1-4 with a DS3 because I either used an emulator or played it on PS3.

There's a shitload of people that have associated the Metal Gear brand with playstation despite it never really being exclusive. Same with Final Fantasy.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Not quite your average #ScreenshotSaturday.

Development on the Visual Novel is still chipping away, even as the summer draws to a close. It's been a while since the project was first announced, with only a few small teasers dropped along like drips of melted ice cream splattered along the boardwalk. Well, rather than continue to waste good (insert your favorite flavor here), Sayara and I have a treat for everyone.

&#12456;&#12531;&#12489;&#12524;&#12473;&#12539;&#12469;&#12510;&#12540; EP, or "Endless Summer EP", is a blend of nostalgia and creativity. Following a group of friends from the prestigious academy as they spend time together during the months between their school years, it brings us all back to a time we wish could have lasted forever. Washed of our responsibilities, basking in the warm glow of the sun and moments of careless freedom. It felt only appropriate to issue this doujin during Comiket 88. We hope you enjoy, and thank you for waiting as everything comes together. <3

Download link here~

Development on the Visual Novel is still chipping away, even as the summer draws to a close. It's been a while since the project was first announced, with only a few small teasers dropped along like drips of melted ice cream splattered along the boardwalk. Well, rather than continue to waste good (insert your favorite flavor here), Sayara and I have a treat for everyone.

&#12456;&#12531;&#12489;&#12524;&#12473;&#12539;&#12469;&#12510;&#12540; EP, or "Endless Summer EP", is a blend of nostalgia and creativity. Following a group of friends from the prestigious academy as they spend time together during the months between their school years, it brings us all back to a time we wish could have lasted forever. Washed of our responsibilities, basking in the warm glow of the sun and moments of careless freedom. It felt only appropriate to issue this doujin during Comiket 88. We hope you enjoy, and thank you for waiting as everything comes together. <3

Download link here~

This was interesting! Loved Stump's appearance lol

The style for it was also nice, lack of dialog did well for it.

Buraindo

What's the hot stuff you people are looking forward to (besides MGS)?

Dark Souls 3
I consider Dark Souls to be a masterpiece. The sequel was disappointing but still enjoyable and from what I've seen and read so far, Dark Souls 3 seems to be addressing all my issues with II while improving what I liked most about both. I'm expecting a familiar but improved, deep and weighty combat system, a return to the seamless open world of the first Dark Souls and of course new challenging enemies, cryptic but engaging lore and plenty of interesting characters.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Deus Ex: Human Revolution was a great but somewhat problematic game, with some odd design decisions that undermined what is one of the better modernisations of a classic series. Mankind Divided seems to me like Human Revolution minus the flaws. Action RPG gameplay with great art direction, superb cyberpunk atmosphere and proper Deus Ex style boss fights this time.

Death's Gambit
A beautiful 2D action RPG that promises a dark, alien world, challenging enemies and cryptic story.

Are the ones I'm looking forward to the most.
I'm also interested in Shadowrun: Hong Kong, SOMA, SUPERHOT, For Honor, XCOM 2 and Mafia III.

There's a shitload of people that have associated the Metal Gear brand with playstation despite it never really being exclusive. Same with Final Fantasy.

Sure they were, at least games in the series were.

I know damn well that I didn't buy a Playstation in 1997 because Final Fantasy VII was available on another platform and I had a choice in where I could play it and from then until FF13, Sony consoles were the only consoles receiving new entries in the series.

Metal Gear Solid was similar to FF, where Konami only published MGS1 on PS1. I believe they tried putting out MGS2 on xbox, but don't remember if MGS3 ever got there. MGS4 was, again (and still is), a Sony exclusive. Portable Ops and the Ac!d games fall under that umbrella as well -- and until the great "everything third party is going multiplatform and we're bonkers for remasters" of recent years, Peace Walker was Sony exclusive as well.

So when a game in a series has been exclusive to a platform for a long time, even if it wasn't always and will always be so, consumers start to associate the game with the brand.

Jawmuncher

Milamber is forever a creep.

Download link here~

Love it.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink

Download link here~

It's looking good you guys :D

Sayara

Neo Member

Download link here~

It was a pleasure to work with this!

Sch1sm

Download link here~

Milamber looks like a predator of sorts from that angle.

Seems about right.

I don't know what else I am looking forward to. I am not the biggest MGS fan at least playing them but, I'll look forward to looking stuff of it.

After wards I am not too sure. I don't play a lot of AAA games but, Black Ops 3 actually looks interesting for once. Not sure.

Zeknurn

Anyone legit said it or just a lot of speculation?

Because Chet tweeted two magazine covers? Or why? Seeing nothing about this.

Someone in the know said some things to someone that they shouldn't have.

I know it's incredibly vague but the guy who shared the information said it's "very reliable" and I trust him.

In either case, we will know soon enough when some random European gaming website inevitably posts about their appointment with Valve.

Mr. Doop

Are there any good VNs on Steam for under three dollars? I'm enjoying Hatoful Boyfriend at the moment and I want to try something similar.

Sch1sm

What are you talking about? Both franchises were exclusive to PS at some point.

MGS 2 and 3 were on OG XBOX, and the first has a remake on GameCube; that may be where the line of thinking spawns from.

E: 3 wasn't. But the HD collection came to 360 with it and PW. Either way.

Are there any good VNs on Steam for under three dollars? I'm enjoying Hatoful Boyfriend at the moment and I want to try something similar.

I noticed one in the NeoGAF curator list on Steam recently. Shan Gui, iirc. Don't know anything about how good it is, but it's really short so I dunno if you want to bother.

Someone in the know said some things to someone that they shouldn't have.

I know it's incredibly vague but the guy who shared the information said it's "very reliable" and I trust him.

In either case, we will know soon enough when some random European gaming website inevitably posts about their appointment with Valve.

Oh, okay. We'll see then. ~Two weeks isn't a long wait.

What are you talking about? Both franchises were exclusive to PS at some point.

MGS 2 and 3 were on OG XBOX, and the first has a remake on GameCube; that may be where the line of thinking spawns from.

Also

Even MGS1 the PS1 version had a PC version back in the day.

Franchise was never exclusive. Basically the only game that is MGS4. Not counting handheld games that aren't Peacewalker.

That said of course it's known for it's Playstation versions more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom