• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I think the biggest statement we can make is if even you don't buy it. :p

tumblr_mkf9ftcKdu1r2srhyo5_r1_250.gif

Speaking of SOCCER GAMES, though, I hope the FM 2015 DLC goes on sale before Sega starts pushing 2016.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I recall jshackles mentioning something about L4D3.

Just that I visited Valve headquarters last year and there was a pretty sizable team working on it. But it's really the worst kept secret in gaming at this point.

News of them presenting at PAX is new though, not sure where that rumor came from.

Oh, L4D3 is definitely a thing, and it will no doubts be the next Valve game. The thing that is doubtful is that it will be announced in a couple of weeka, but L4D3 is definitely a reality.

We have known about it since 2013, after a Steam leak, Valve tour leak, and then the JIRA leak.

Just that I visited Valve headquarters last year and there was a pretty sizable team working on it. But it's really the worst kept secret in gaming at this point.

News of them presenting at PAX is new though, not sure where that rumor came from.

Oh, I see. I was unaware that it was known of since that long. Only knew of it when you mentioned it some months ago.

Would not be surprised if someone looked at Chet's twitter and then came to conclusions. At first he teased a new Valve VR demo, then said there will be plenty of Vive stuff at PAX, then tweeted two old magazine covers about L4D, saying he found them at the bottom of an old bookshelf.

anything is possible
left 3 dead
po3tal

even Halo HD collection may come to PC
but Half Life 3 will not come

If there is anything that doesn't need a 3rd game it's Portal. This is coming from someone who liked Portal 1 and 2 a lot. They can't continue it story wise.

Pachimari

Gonna try and complete Ground Zeroes this weekend.
Can't believe it have taken me this long, especially as I really like the controls and gameplay mechanics.

Deitus

That and they made like 1 item and it went no where lol.

Yeah, I know. I just meant they've already established the precedent. It's not so much a joke that they would add that in Portal 3 if it ever got made; it's pretty much inevitable.

Edit: Actually though, my portal items don't seem to be in my inventory anymore. Did they get rid of them?

Asgaro

Lol, 2GB is minor nowadays.

I've had these kind of situations:

DnFOclE.png

Though this only occurs when I buffer a dozen 1080p YT videos.

The thing is, I still prefer Chrome because no matter what I do, Chrome never crashes and the interface never stalls.
I have to use Firefox on Ubuntu sometimes and I just see the interface stalling while opening or closing tabs I haven't accessed in a long time.

Chrome feels butter smooth. And that's with a ton of extensions. 32 to be exact.

Sch1sm

What's the hot stuff you people are looking forward to (besides MGS)?

Beyond Earth's Rising Tide expansion is all I care to see beyond MGS this Fall. BOPS III is another for me.

Non-steam:
Halo 5.

Gonna try and complete Ground Zeroes this weekend.
Can't believe it have taken me this long, especially as I really like the controls and gameplay mechanics.

I can't believe it's taken you so long considering

well, it's short.

Lain

Lol, 2GB is minor nowadays.

I've had these kind of situations:

http://i.imgur.com/DnFOclE.png

Though this only occurs when I buffer a dozen 1080p YT videos.

The thing is, I still prefer Chrome because no matter what I do, Chrome never crashes and the interface never stalls.
I have to use Firefox on Ubuntu sometimes and I just see the interface stalling while opening or closing tabs I haven't accessed in a long time.

Chrome feels butter smooth. And that's with a ton of extensions. 32 to be exact.

It's been a while (some months) that chrome has started to crash for me instead. I thought it was related to downloads, but I noticed it just crashes for whatever when it decides to crash, be it clicking on a link, clicking on a picture, closing a tab etc.

Deitus

At the moment (in no particular order):

Life is Strange Episode 5 (though I still need to make my way through Eps 2-4)
No Man's Sky
Tales of Zestiria
Dark Souls 3 (but that's not til next year)

Also Eitr looks pretty sweet, but I have no idea how close that is to releasing.

Pachimari

I were misunderstood. I love using the Xbox 360 controller, but I would like to change it up a bit next time I play Ground Zeroes.

What I'm really looking forward to though, are my Elite and Steam controllers.

Khronico

Battlefront is probably my most anticipated out of all the big releases later this year besides MGSV.

Although I'm extremely cautious I'm still hyped for Fallout 4 as well. Even if it will probably have offensively bad writing and a trash story I'm going to enjoy all the new gameplay stuff (crafting and base building looks really cool) and shooting improvements.

Parsnip

My 2015 steamgoty list already looks a lot better than 2014 list. I ended up putting the aggressively average Mordor and super uneven Lords of Shadow 2 on my list last year, yeah it was a weak year.

Already played bunch of great stuff that will make it to top 5, and there's still more to come.

Sch1sm

Always forget it is coming out so soon. Really like how announcement and release are close for once.
It's gonna be a big hit I'd say. Just looking at recent Bethesda games like Skyrim scares me. That game is still a juggernaut.

Skyrim was my favourite of the Elder Scrolls, even having played on release, bugs et al. Think I'm due for a replay, since it's gotten so fuzzy. Hard to believe it's been nearly 4 years since release - maybe it'll be even better without the hiccups. Maybe it won't ever be as good as the first time.

You should just play it already.

Hektor

Oh? I have it high up on my wishlist because it got some very good reviews. Could you go into a little more detail?

My main issue is the combat, it felt like mindless busywork.

In FTL you had to fight the enemy spaceship, manage your energy and crew, repair stuff, extinguish fires and fight invaders on your own ship
while in Convy you'e only doing two things, attacking your enemy with your cars and avoiding obstacles that happen two spawn every now and then.
There isnt really any strategy involved from what i played.

You move your cars in range to the enemy, and command them to fire or to ram the enemy which is basically the same,
just that ramming deals damage to your own car as well and pushes the enemy away. For example into said obstacles if you time it well.

In the meantime you can also spam up to 4 abilitys from the truck in the middle (Which you cant control, the truck is just an immovable object you need to protect).
But those abilitys are all pretty much straightforward, stun an enemy for 6 seconds, drop a mine etc and since they dont require ressources (like rockets or droneparts in FTL) you just spam them as soon as they're on cooldown.

Another issue is that the weapons feel all the same. Rocketlauncher or MG, the only difference are the stats like DMG or Hit/Miss chance.

The combat overall just felt like a far less complex and engaging version of FTL, with a cool idea (The ramming/obstacles).
But that single idea isnt enough to compensate the nonexistence of all the other stuff FTL had in my eyes.

In regards to the customization and upgrades, its basically the exact same as FTL without the energy management part.
You just put the strongest weapons you have into the cars that have a slot for it and upgrade stats like HP or defense.

While FTL wasnt that complex in that regard either, it still forced you to make some meaningful decisions every now and then.

And its in my opionion also aesthetically not as pleasing as FTL especially the soundtrack.

But since i only played that game for < 2 Hours take everything i said with a grain of salt.

On PC:
XCOM2
Tales of Zestiria
Party Hard
Banner Saga 2
Deus Ex: Manking divided
No Mans Sky
Shadow Warrior 2
SUPERHOT
Armello

#Believe:
Scalebound