• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
For MGS games?
They're meant to be played on a Playstation controller though... :3

Kinda crazy now that I think about it, the only MGS game I've played on a Dualshock is MGS4. MGS 1, 2 Ground Zeroes, and Rising I played on PC with a 360 controller. 3 and peace walker I played on 360.

Momentary

Banned
Street Fighter V
Eitr
Danmaku Unlimited 3
Raiden IV Overkill
Dark Souls 3
Zestiria
Naruto UNS4
Galak-Z
Blue Revolver
The Hurricane of the Varstray
Assetto Corsa ver 2.0 (Consoles Release)
Mad Max
Enter the Gungeon
Cross Code

There is way too much shit I'm getting excited about.

Someone in the know said some things to someone that they shouldn't have.

I know it's incredibly vague but the guy who shared the information said it's "very reliable" and I trust him.

In either case, we will know soon enough when some random European gaming website inevitably posts about their appointment with Valve.

Debuting it on the Vive sounds like an odd decision though. Not exactly a game that fits VR, unless they build a VR-exclusive mode for it. And I don't know how existing fans who just want more (normal) L4D will react to that. Graphics will also take a hit due to VR overhead. lol, this should be interesting, if this is true of course.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
The more you share, the more I'm willing to try this game day of release. When is it out?
Release was set for Q2 2015 delayed to Q4 then delayed to 2016, probably spring but we'll see there's nothing official.
I actually wouldn't be surprised to see them releasing Stellaris before HoI4 :(

Eila

What are you talking about? Both franchises were exclusive to PS at some point.

Hmm both franchises have some mainline entries exclusive to PS, but I wouldn't say they were exclusive to PS ever. MGS GB and the Twin Snakes are Nintendo exclusives, for example. MGS 1 and 2 are on PC, and 2 is on Xbox as well.
FFIX, FFX and FFXII still remain PS exclusives, but the franchise has a shitload of spinoffs elsewhere. FFVII-VIII-XI-XIII-XIV-XV are not playstation exclusives.

Pachimari

Am I the only one in here, who's extremely excited about the upcoming Elite and Steam controllers? I think I might be even more excited, than I were at the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One launches, which is unusual for me.

Dr Dogg

List. Oh christ the lists! I don't want to be a grumpy fucker but I get nothing out of just a list of games. Maybe just a sentence, nothing flamboyant, as to why you're excited for them if possible. I mean Jase and AssCreed is obvious because he can go around collecting shit as per usual but there's been a fair few titles some of you have mentioned that I haven't heard of and know nothing about or why anyone let alone those who posted them would be interested in them. Is that too much to ask, pretty please?

Sch1sm

Am I the only one in here, who's extremely excited about the upcoming Elite and Steam controllers? I think I might be even more excited, than I were at the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One launches, which is unusual for me.

I'm intrigued, but not overly hyped over any of them. The Elite XBONE controller's price is probably the reason for that. It's $169.99 CAD here, which is nearly half the cost of what I bought the console for itself. Probably the only one I care for out of the 3.

Pachimari

Thanks for this, I'm definitely gonna check it out.
I have never tried playing a PC game with PlayStation buttons.

What's the hot stuff you people are looking forward to (besides MGS)?
header.jpg

I have always had a hard time getting into Hitman, and to this day, I haven't completed a single one. Though I loved Hitman: Codename 47 when it came out, and I loved the small details and mechanics I saw in Blood Money, and HITMAN seems to be a return to form, with huge sandboxes and many ways to kill your target, and with an interesting release schedule, I think I can be kept busy the whole year with this game.

header.jpg

I haven't completed a single Mafia game either but I love these games. I saw a former friend complete the first one, and the atmosphere, story and attention to detail are crazy in both titles, though I'm worried about Hangar 13 taking over, as Mafia III seems to be more arcadey in gameplay. Though story, atmosphere and the fact that it takes place in New Orleans makes it a sure buy for me.

header.jpg

I have never been into Street Fighter. I'm a Tekken guy to the core, but everything Capcom have shown about the latest installment is juicy and exhilarating. It is beautiful and artistic, and it looks fun. But after having played the beta a little bit last night, I were reminded how much I suck at its gameplay, and thus had a boring time. I'm a bit doubtful to be honest, but with the promise of new characters releasing over the course of months makes me consider it.

header.jpg

What can I say about Rollercoaster Tycoon. The original remains one of the best games I have ever played, and I remember the joyful days when both me and my sister created our own parks. I wasted tons of hours on the first one in the series but never really got to try out the sequels until recently, when I booted up the sequel for a few minutes, and tried out the fourth on my smartphone. But the series returning to PC and the developer promising many small details will be there, and it being true to the series core, I can't stop but be excited about this one - especially after the latest screenshots and info dump.

header.jpg

I have a soft spot for Call of Duty. The second one in the franchise remains the best, and the second best first person shooter I have ever played. So I keep up with the series and have a lot of fun online. It is addicting but I didn't get much out of Ghosts and Advanced Warfare - I hope to get a lot more hours into Black Ops III, and even though I really dislike the futuristic direction the series have gone, the movement and slick pace in the latest trailer have won me over.

And many more. Mostly Star Wars Battlefront, Shenmue III and Rise of the Tomb Raider on PC.

Steam refuses me to purchase it. I'm not cool enough to buy it :(

Honestly speaking, I'm not really so enthusiastic about it because i'm waiting for customer impressions regarding it.

Hektor

I asked PunishedSnake on Steam - the ban was requested and he's not coming back.

2f0.gif

List. Oh christ the lists! I don't want to be a grumpy fucker but I get nothing out of just a list of games. Maybe just a sentence, nothing flamboyant, as to why you're excited for them if possible. I mean Jase and AssCreed is obvious because he can go around collecting shit as per usual but there's been a fair few titles some of you have mentioned that I haven't heard of and know nothing about let alone why anyone let alone those who posted them would be interested in them. Is that too much to ask, pretty please?

To be fair, the question was what we are looking out for, not why we do that.

Not quite your average #ScreenshotSaturday.

Development on the Visual Novel is still chipping away, even as the summer draws to a close. It's been a while since the project was first announced, with only a few small teasers dropped along like drips of melted ice cream splattered along the boardwalk. Well, rather than continue to waste good (insert your favorite flavor here), Sayara and I have a treat for everyone.

&#12456;&#12531;&#12489;&#12524;&#12473;&#12539;&#12469;&#12510;&#12540; EP, or "Endless Summer EP", is a blend of nostalgia and creativity. Following a group of friends from the prestigious academy as they spend time together during the months between their school years, it brings us all back to a time we wish could have lasted forever. Washed of our responsibilities, basking in the warm glow of the sun and moments of careless freedom. It felt only appropriate to issue this doujin during Comiket 88. We hope you enjoy, and thank you for waiting as everything comes together. <3

Download link here~

Yay! Perfect timing as summer winds down here.

Chariot

What's the hot stuff you people are looking forward to (besides MGS)?

Space based Paradox grand strategy game that will bring me the 40k goodness I always wanted and that everyone should want. Not like 40k? Fuck, seeing how many great mods are out for other Paradox games you will likely have Star Trek, Star Wars and Space Poland before long. Read the RPS-article got get hyped.

The whole One Piece story with a massive amount of characters and in Warriors style? Bang bang baddadum dum Bang!

Interesting looking strategy game with a long history. Not sure yet if it's going to be really good, but Koei Tecmo Rep on gaming side is cool.

Cat. Girls.

Banner Saga was cool and if they can get over the flaws of that game the sequel is going to be amazing! Tactic, strategy and vikings, YEEEEAAART!

Everybody wants to be a skinhead shooting people. Not entirely sure about the concept, but it could become something nice, something neat, something of value.

I didn't play any Just Cause game, but the gifts and videos looked amazing.

Looks interesting, but not sure if it's going to be really good enough. The new X-Com is fun, but after a friend showed me Open X-Com it feels a bit hollow.

Also Clannad, A Hat in Time and Hearts of Iron IV-

Sch1sm

Beyond Earth - Rising Tides Expansion
Entirely new environment (oceanic gameplay), hybrid units to compliment the additional ocean colonization, and the addition of political tactics (dynamic leadership traits for AI and Civs) to what's currently just another vanilla Civ game that's too bare bones for anyone to enjoy.

Black Ops III
For the better feeling CoD experience. I mean, that movement! With zombies. Plus, they got nukes - one of the reasons I hated the first one.

But you already knew that BOPS stuff, I assume.

Dr Dogg

To be fair, the question was what we are looking out for, not why we do that.

And? A bunch of lists that everyone posts with no context as to why they're interested in isn't even shit discussion it's no discussion. Fine if that's the standards you want but I'd rather have a little bit more quality and possibly a conversation about something I might have missed or not been aware of you know hence why I politely asked if people could just add a little. You might even get to know a poster better but no no carry on posting lists.

Beyond Earth - Rising Tides Expansion
Entirely new environment (oceanic gameplay), hybrid units to compliment the additional ocean colonization, and the addition of political tactics (dynamic leadership traits for AI and Civs) to what's currently just another vanilla Civ game that's too bare bones for anyone to enjoy.

Black Ops III
For the better feeling CoD experience. I mean, that movement! With zombies. Plus, they got nukes - one of the reasons I hated the first one.

But you already knew that BOPS stuff, I assume.

I'm still feeling a little burned by Beyond Earth as it looked to be the perfect spiritual successor to Alpha Centuri but I didn't really heed the warning from the prerelease material. It was a bit low on content especially when if came to leaders/factions but I haven't fired it up so not sure if any patches addressed some of the issues. Plus I'm super pissed I missed the price mistake the other day but hopefully this expansion adds the depth to the base game that most Civ expansion do.

Jawmuncher

Wow looking at the Upcoming games Metal Gear Solid V is the only must have for me. Everything else is summer sale tier. For once looks like i'll be playing more on consoles this season.

Zeknurn

Debuting it on the Vive sounds like an odd decision though. Not exactly a game that fits VR, unless they build a VR-exclusive mode for it. And I don't know how existing fans who just want more (normal) L4D will react to that. Graphics will also take a hit due to VR overhead. lol, this should be interesting, if this is true of course.

I thought so too until I remember how great the mêlée weapons in L4D2 felt and how great it would be to cut up zombies with the very accurate Vive controllers. It would be a killer launch title for Vive.

While a room limited experience like the Portal and Dota 2 things seems more likely, I hope it's the full game that's made for VR because I want to see someone make a full scale game and launch it for VR just to get the ball rolling.

Also

Even MGS1 the PS1 version had a PC version back in the day.

Franchise was never exclusive. Basically the only game that is MGS4. Not counting handheld games that aren't Peacewalker.

That said of course it's known for it's Playstation versions more.

Yeah, franchise was never exclusive if you don't count the ones that are exclusive lol.

Sch1sm

Wow looking at the Upcoming games Metal Gear Solid V is the only must have for me. Everything else is summer sale tier. For once looks like i'll be playing more on consoles this season.

You and me. Probably not even buying the new. Black Ops on pc because I'm wary of community death, whereas I can still pop my MW2 disc in and find a match relatively easily on console.

I've been trying to cut down on buying games immediately that won't be played right then, too, so there's that. Phantom Pain can wait. I think I took in too much MGS this month, and it's not cheap enough for me just yet since an Nvidia key is $40 USD now, which isn't too short of buying it on console.

I'm still feeling a little burned by Beyond Earth as it looked to be the perfect spiritual successor to Alpha Centuri but I didn't really heed the warning from the prerelease material. It was a bit low on content especially when if came to leaders/factions but I haven't fired it up so not sure if any patches addressed some of the issues. Plus I'm super pissed I missed the price mistake the other day but hopefully this expansion adds the depth to the base game that most Civ expansion do.

You and me both on the price mistake. If Rising Tides gets good enough reviews, I'll pick it up - assuming base will be 50% off again on its release.

They've added more factions stuff, too, with this expansion. I also didn't mention the two new biomes. Seems they've really paid a lot of mind to the politics (leader and civ relations) as well as environment. I just hope they've done it well enough to make up for the currently eh experience.

Yeah, franchise was never exclusive if you don't count the ones that are exclusive lol.

Okay.

MGS 4 was exclusive. Are we done yet?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm, not that much stuff I'm super excited about on Steam that I know of for the rest of the year besides mgs v - but who cares, there's hundreds of pc titles already released that I want to play.

What I'm REALLY looking forward to most this year is actually Super Mario Maker and Xenoblade X

Please buy Wii U and be as excited as me

/nintendoshill

Eila

Hmm, not that much stuff I'm super excited about on Steam that I know of for the rest of the year besides mgs v - but who cares, there's hundreds of pc titles already released that I want to play.

What I'm REALLY looking forward to most this year is actually Super Mario Maker and Xenoblade X

Please buy Wii U and be as excited as me

/nintendoshill

But I already have one. Got it with Mario Kart.
I skipped on Splatoon and probably on Mario Maker, because they're too expensive. I'll get Xenoblade X for sure, though.

In looking forward to eventually getting digital versions of bloodborne and super dark souls 2 for less than $20 before the year is out. And maybe mgsv if I can get it for $30 or less.

Jawmuncher

In looking forward to eventually getting digital versions of bloodborne and super dark souls 2 for less than $20 before the year is out. And maybe mgsv if I can get it for $30 or less.

Good luck with that. Retail yeah maybe, digital probably not. At least not on PS4 for those two. DS2 maybe on steam.

Good luck with that. Retail yeah maybe, digital probably not. At least not on PS4 for those two. DS2 maybe on steam.
I can see BB being that cheap during holiday psn sales. It's already retailing for $40, $20 is reasonable. I just passed on a $20 copy from gamefly since I'm trying to go digital as much as possible on all my machines.

Super dark souls 2 has to hit $20 for a steam key before he year is out. Dark souls 3 is going to help that happen.

We gonna get cheap games, jaw, just you wait.

Dr Dogg

You and me both on the price mistake. If Rising Tides gets good enough reviews, I'll pick it up - assuming base will be 50% off again on its release.

They've added more factions stuff, too, with this expansion. I also didn't mention the two new biomes. Seems they've really paid a lot of mind to the politics (leader and civ relations) as well as environment. I just hope they've done it well enough to make up for the currently eh experience.

The thing with the Firaxis Civ's is that they usually come out the door with a whole different set of paradigms than its predecessors, end up listening to the community and address the issues in subsequent expansions, which when the final one drops rounds out the game nicely but then release the next instalment and create a whole host of new issues and drop some of the great ideas from the previous game.

Although I haven't spent that much time with Beyond Earth I could sense that there might be some issues with repetition due to a dearth of content and factions that while might be cool for 20-30 games might wear thin afterwards. The techweb idea is great an all but progression is a different kettle of fish to balance for compared to a branching tree. Plus there was some great promise with the aliens and how you chose to interact with them compared to the standard barbarians who were always dicks but it was a bit black and white in terms of your interactions with them.

Updated my list with text, so it's not just a bunch of pictures.

Ha! I feel like the ogre of the Steam thread now :(

But yeah I've sunk countless hours into both the previous Mafia titles but never finished either. Bit odd for a quasi open world game but the atmosphere in both were spot on. I'm a little unsure with III being developed by a new studio (Hanger 13 taking the reigns from the seemingly disbanded 2K Czech) but I'll keep an eye on it.

Kuroyume

Banned
The Banner Saga was great but I can't remember a single character or most of the events from that game other than who died at the end.

No, it doesn't. It looks like a barebones prototype that is desperately trying to mimic classics for the sake of fundraising. Nostalgia-bait would be the term.

Are we sure that article isn't sponsored by Poi? Because holy hyperbole, Batman:
"We have written about Poi prior to now, but somehow it flew under my radar. Poi looks like all the best parts of Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario Galaxy and Banjo-Kazooie in a single game, and I seriously can't wait to get my hands on it." - Jed Whitaker, Destructoid.

Dr Dogg

No, it doesn't. It looks like a barebones prototype that is desperately trying to mimic classics for the sake of fundraising. Nostalgia-bait would be the term.

Are we sure that article isn't sponsored by Poi? Because holy hyperbole, Batman:
"We have written about Poi prior to now, but somehow it flew under my radar. Poi looks like all the best parts of Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario Galaxy and Banjo-Kazooie in a single game, and I seriously can't wait to get my hands on it." - Jed Whitaker, Destructoid.

Dude's a GAFfer if you fancy asking him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom