• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.O.R.D

mP9obmn.png

what ? why everyone looking at me as the weird one
i am not the one who post the link or even bought the first game

zkylon

zkylewd
i mean, yeah, dicks

You couldn't just rewind back in that scenario?
Yeah you can.
So reloading a checkpoint is kinda like missing the whole point of the game then...
i couldn't cos i already had the keys and since items stay with u even if u rewind max would be all like "i don't need anything from him anymore" and not allow me to check out his other dialogue which seemed interesting

it was a checkpoint reload or miss out on the dialogue, so i just reloaded, which i guess is the ultimate form of rewinding -__-

Think I see why people don't like Season 2 of True Detective, just watched the first episode. Holy hell that was boring =/
it's awful, it's got less self awareness than a modern sonic game

i mean, i didn't think the writing in season 1 was amazing or anything but at least it was cool nonsense. it was entertaining and delivered through interesting characters and all that

season 2 is just insane people throwing around impossibly cringeworthy monologues

Funny you say that, just started watching the second episode and Vince Vaughn's super serious monologuing at the start was enough. I can't do it, I'm not watching a full season of what is just apparent crap >_>
i think i hate colin farrel's character more. he throws a few lines that are like wtf are u even talking about

i started watching homicide life on the street and i think i'm not even gonna finish true det s2, it's just a waste of my time, there's nothing they can do that would interest me anymore, i don't care for these characters and i certainly don't care for this shitty mystery

Just saw on my activity. It's dick-pic: the game - the dickening.
Disgusting.
hey now

customizing dicks is fun

u should try eet

lol omg

Not quite your average #ScreenshotSaturday.

Development on the Visual Novel is still chipping away, even as the summer draws to a close. It's been a while since the project was first announced, with only a few small teasers dropped along like drips of melted ice cream splattered along the boardwalk. Well, rather than continue to waste good (insert your favorite flavor here), Sayara and I have a treat for everyone.

&#12456;&#12531;&#12489;&#12524;&#12473;&#12539;&#12469;&#12510;&#12540; EP, or "Endless Summer EP", is a blend of nostalgia and creativity. Following a group of friends from the prestigious academy as they spend time together during the months between their school years, it brings us all back to a time we wish could have lasted forever. Washed of our responsibilities, basking in the warm glow of the sun and moments of careless freedom. It felt only appropriate to issue this doujin during Comiket 88. We hope you enjoy, and thank you for waiting as everything comes together. <3

Download link here~
that's cool but i have 9 tails not one you dumbos -__-

i liked the yukatas

I don't know what Zkylon is doing there, but it looks pretty lewd. And is that Winterdemons in the back?
having a marilyn monroe moment i think

What's the hot stuff you people are looking forward to (besides MGS)?
the most im excited about is christine love's new game, ladykiller in a bind

then xcom 2 and dark souls 3 because i really like those games, and persona 5 cos i'm gonna buy whatever console they put that in just for it

i'd put fallout 4 in my list for morbid curiosity

and finally in the very far away in the future category, nier 2 and ff7 remake

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I look forward to these games (beware I write this while my eyes is almost clsoing, so sleepy)

XCOM 2
I thouroughly enojyed the reboot of the franchise, it had its problems but nothing that major.
XCOM 2 though will be PC exclusive and will be built on being just that, with noth mod support and randomly generated levels I will have a hard time not sinking countless hours into this game, also I like strategy games and firaxis so...

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

The follow up to the loved reboot of the good ol' deus ex franchise, this time being right after one of the endings of human revoltuion you once again get to see a cyberpunk dystopian setting with a soft orange filter this time (again, I think).
I'm looking forward to one of the best this game mostly because it just like MGS is one of the action/shooter games which gives you the option of stealth and non-lethal which I think is really fun and adds a lot of replayability for me, the game also looks gorgeous can't say I've seen a more beautifull game.

Heart of Iron 4

As a big fan of Paradox grand strategy game I look forward to most of what Paradox has in store for me, though this time it's a new installment in their WW2 series, the time period I would say I'm the most interested in.
Now you might say that I could just go play some HoI3 instead and get the same experince but more outdated, well it's just that I'm bad with clunky UI and shitty micro systems and I'm really looking forward to a dumbed down system that can guide me through playing as Italy and not fuck up ( This was impossible in real life)

No Ma's Sky

This game has such a beautiful atrstyle (I promise no more rants about devs only trying to make realistic artsyles) and the random generation intrigues me, though that's all and I think I'll get bored real fast with this game, but looking forward to those first 15 minutes.

Dark souls 3

Miyazaki, dark souls, kinda into those two things and that won't change.

Final Fantasy XV

A game I really look forward to, because of the fact I'm a FF fanboy.

Will hold out for PC version though.

Can't think about that much more, too tired.

derExperte

The more gameplay I see of the new NfS the closer I get to breaking my 'no Origin games until they're 0-15&#8364;*' rule. I'll still wait for PC reviews since the last ports were weak with some serious performance problems but I need an action racer. Until then I'll keep playing the utterly fantastic Absolute Drift.

*Battlefield/front excepted**
**unless Hardline

GTA5 isn't gonna go on sale anytime soon right? I feel like I should just buy it already.

Was 33% off for a few hours a few weeks ago by accident. Can't be long until that happens for real.

Sch1sm

well , we still in august , 3 months remaining
i am sure there some people gonna post this as a "joke"

4 months, yeah, but I doubt people will post this even as a joke. Unless they can't even fill their list with some other things, haha. In which case, you may be right.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
what ? why everyone looking at me as the weird one
i am not the one who post the link or even bought the first game

Don't pin this on me, I just know how to manipulate this thread to quote me as many times as possible to stroke my ego
/s I posted because I thoguht it looked hilarious and I know some here would like to know

Vuze

I will love you forever if you can help me out, and teach me this modding thing.
Modding is also one of the reasons I build my own gamer PC but I don't have the skills it seems heh.
I'd recommend learning how to deal with command line applications since it's a very handy understanding to have imo. GzsTool only offers one command anyway, which is GzsTool file_path|folder_path. If you take a look at the instructions of the improved max settings mod, you'll learn you need to unpack data_02.g0s since you will have to replace a file in this archive. So the first command you want to use is GzsTool data_02.g0s.

1. Navigate to the installation directory of GZ (the same folder where you see the *.g0s files and the games executable)
2. Copy GzsTool.exe and all dependencies there
3. Hold down Shift, right click on some free space in the explorer window
4. Select "Open commandline"
5. Type GzsTool data_02.g0s and hit enter, leave the commandline open
6. data_02.g0s will be unpacked (may take a while)
7. A folder named data_02 will be created, open it
8. As per installation instructions of the mod, navigate to \data_02\Fox\Scripts\Gr
9. Copy the mods gr_init_dx11.lua to this folder and overwrite the original (make a backup if you want)
10. Now go back to the GZ installation directory and create a backup of data_02.g0s before we rebuild it (always back up any files you mod so you can easily revert if you mess up)
11. To rebuild the modified archive, we will need to type in GzsTool data_02.g0s.xml (this xml file contains the file tree for the archive)
12. Hit enter and wait for a bit
13. Done, simple as that

Hope it helped.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I'd recommend learning how to deal with command line applications since it's a very handy understanding to have imo. GzsTool only offers one command anyway, which is GzsTool file_path|folder_path. If you take a look at the instructions of the improved max settings mod, you'll learn you need to unpack data_02.g0s since you will have to replace a file in this archive. So the first command you want to use is GzsTool data_02.g0s.

1. Navigate to the installation directory of GZ (the same folder where you see the *.g0s files and the games executable)
8. As per installation instructions of the mod, navigate to \data_02\Fox\Scripts\Gr
9. Copy the mods gr_init_dx11.lua to this folder and overwrite the original (make a backup if you want)
10. Now go back to the GZ installation directory and create a backup of data_02.g0s before we rebuild it
11. To rebuild the modified archive, we will need to type in GzsTool data_02.g0s.xml (this xml file contains the file tree for the archive)
13. Done, simple as that

Hope it helped.

Thank! I'll save this for when I'll mod it before MGSV:TPP release.

Knurek

I'm not feeling Child of Light.
Sure it looks gorgeous, but the actual gameplay is even simpler than Paper Mario.
And the horrid poetry. I mean, come on, who thought this was a good idea?

1. I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Look At Me

2. Decided to re-install Ground Zeroes to just give it a go again. I had the AMD issue where the game would just crash at startup so I had to use a fix that was mentioned on the Steam forums to make it work. I put everything at the highest just to see if anything had changed for me from before and still had some frame problems. Lowered Shadows and AO to just High and seems to have made it as stable at 60 FPS as I'll get. I did try to be "Stealthy Snake" but all hell broke loose and just went "Rambo Snake" until I got killed.

Momentary

Banned
0022rr41.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMlOouloZoc

Sooo.... we're going to get Xrd instead of Revelator aren't we. They have a tendency of not wanting to skip story lines. Will this have the original Xrd Story implemented into? Elphelt also looks like she has an evil version or alt costume? I don't know. I do know I need this game in my life.

Also... is that Raven/Axl Low at the beginning talking to the white hood dude? I've been waiting for Raven to be playable since 2000.

I don't think I like Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine, it doesn't control very well and the shooting feels kind of all over the place, maybe it's from coming off of Binary Domain and some Resident Evil 6 which are more responsive games. The gore and bullet impact looks and feels really good, it has a real meatiness to it that I like. Maybe I'll give it another go some other time but I'm just not feeling it right now despite freshVeggie's great gifs that convinced me to redownload it :)

ArjanN

0022rr41.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMlOouloZoc

Sooo.... we're going to get Xrd instead of Revelator aren't we. They have a tendency of not wanting to skip story lines. Will this have the original Xrd Story implemented into? Elphelt also looks like she has an evil version or alt costume? I don't know. I do know I need this game in my life.

Also... is that Raven/Axl Low at the beginning talking to the white hood dude? I've been waiting for Raven to be playable since 2000.

Xrd's story mode is literally just a movie with no gameplay. So I'm guessing it's just included in Revelator.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I don't see them skipping Xrd and going straight to Revelator when the time comes for them to put it on PC.

Gotta get all that extra revenue on steam by being behind on the versions instead of just releasing the latest version of the game when it comes out.

Pachimari

A big shout out to Dr Dogg for having helped me modding Ground Zeroes, and explained it to me in easy steps.

10. Now go back to the GZ installation directory and create a backup of data_02.g0s before we rebuild it (always back up any files you mod so you can easily revert if you mess up)
13. Done, simple as that

Hope it helped.

Thank you for this guide! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom