• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maniac

Banned
It's my birthday! 4 days ago!

TIME FOR CONGRATULATORY MESSAGES TO KILL EVERYONES SANITY!

No seriously don't.

And also obligatory 'Fuck animu'

Pachimari

Man does Ground Zeroes look insane! Just those shadows waving on Snake, and that lighting, as well as from far away. I gotta test if there's still any flickering. Apparently I was only playing on High these past days, so turned it up to max and with the mod there's clearly a difference.

And that control and shooting feels so tight and satisfactory! There's nothing more satisfying than shooting a guard in the head with one shot, or just sneaking my way past everyone feeling the tension. I'm loving this.

PS: A little off-topic but I see my Norton is defragmentizing my hard drives, so I looked it up and it'll help with performance, but should I be afraid of losing any of my data?

Coreda

Am I correct that Enhanced Steam is now Chrome only, although the homepage displays Firefox and Opera support?

Looks like the standalone version was also discontinued. (Haven't been using ES for ages).

derExperte

Am I correct that Enhanced Steam is now Chrome only, although the homepage displays Firefox and Opera support?

Looks like the standalone version was also discontinued. (Haven't been using ES for ages).

ES 7.3 still works and jshackles even got it certified so you can continue using it. No new features though for the time being.

L.O.R.D

BTW , MGS TPP for the PS4 been leaked somewhere

d45IfuT.jpg

9IQOgw9.jpg

beware of spoilers

Win 10 takes too long to boot

use SSD

Ruruja

so nuuvem no longer selling ff games? :( oh well

Where did you read that? If anything it looks like they're going to be selling more FF games 'worldwide' as they all show up when I search for FF now instead of just FF8 (I'm in UK).

All say keys temporarily exhausted though (and I'm still waiting for my FF8 key from that sale the other day).

Pachimari

Ugh, now I am having trouble with DS4Windows for Windows 10. I followed the official guide:

Download zip
Extract the 2 programs (DS4Windows and DS4Updater) in the zip wherever you please (My Docs, Program Files, etc.)
Launch DS4Windows
If not in Program Files, choose where you want to save profiles
A windows will pop up showing how to install the driver, if not, go to settings and click "Controller/Driver Setup"
If you have used SCP's tool in the past, you may need to uninstall the drivers to use the DS4 with bluetooth
Connect the DS4 via a micro usb or through bluetooth (DS4 Device name: "Wireless Controller") may need to enter pair code: 0000)
All should be good to go once you connect the controller.

I have installed the driver, and my Dual Shock 4 is currently connected to my desktop through a USB cable, but the software won't recognize my controller. :(

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Her Story

b2ETpJb.jpg

Great premise for a game, very unique, very original, very smartly programmed (try to break the chatbot and you'll realize how it was implemented--incredibly smart), great themes. Couldn't get to sleep last night after playing it because my wife and I kept talking about it. Very very cool.

Pachimari

Now my Dual Shock 4 seems to be connected through Bluetooth but the DS4Windows software don't recognize it.

[edit]
It should work now! I just don't understand why the lightbar is blinking blue and red.

Anastasia

Her Story

b2ETpJb.jpg

Great premise for a game, very unique, very original, very smartly programmed (try to break the chatbot and you'll realize how it was implemented--incredibly smart), great themes. Couldn't get to sleep last night after playing it because my wife and I kept talking about it. Very very cool.

I'm really curious about it. Too bad I lost my job recently and am broke atm. ._.

L.O.R.D

so nuuvem no longer selling ff games? :( oh well

i think you right

and i am not using VPN right now , but even with VPN its the same result
usually FF 7 is always on stock , now its unavailable
maybe they are restocking ?

the strange thing is , week ago the only FF in nuuvem i can see without VPN was FF8
now i can see every FF in their store.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Her Story

b2ETpJb.jpg

Yessss, I knew you'd dig it. Should check out the spoiler thread for the in-depth debates about what may or may not have happened. Really impressive how much it got everyone thinking, trying to pull apart the evidence to get to the "one truth".

Pachimari

Ground Zeroes is great to play with the Dual Shock 4, but I might go with keyboard/mouse in The Phantom Pain. It does seem, that I need a stronger Bluetooth 4.0 dongle though, to have a solid connection to my controller.

Do you guys have any suggestion?

Chariot

Daaamn. Someone is so lucky right now :O

I really want that poster as a desktop wallpaper. Looks so good.
I'm calling fake.
Nah. The box is real, but he conveniently put stuff on the banner at the top. It's just a pre-order box. You can pre-order games in retail Germany and get an empty box until the real deal arrives, sometimes it has a code for the pre-order bonus or even something physical like a map or a poster. People got fooled. One of the links even showed it:

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'm really curious about it. Too bad I lost my job recently and am broke atm. ._.

sell cards -> get game for free. card money can't be used to pay for rent so there's no worry there :)

Yessss, I knew you'd dig it. Should check out the spoiler thread for the in-depth debates about what may or may not have happened. Really impressive how much it got everyone thinking, trying to pull apart the evidence to get to the "one truth".

After I finished it and watched all the videos chronologically and translated the
tap code
stuff and talked with my wife, I read the thread. I feel quite strongly that (SPOILERS FOR HER STORY: ENTIRE GAME LAID OUT BARE. ABSOLUTELY DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED) SmiteOfHand (SPOILERS FOR HER STORY: ENTIRE GAME LAID OUT BARE. ABSOLUTELY DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED) got it dead right.

Talked about it a bit with XANDER CAGE as well. Again, major spoiler discussion, entire premise of Her Story discussed, everything spoiled. The game is basically an interactive mystery, if you read this you might as well not play the game. Don't read it if you haven't played it:
http://pastebin.com/X33m1Ecx

:)

Nah. The box is real, but he conveniently put stuff on the banner at the top. It's just a pre-order box. You can pre-order games in retail Germany and get an empty box until the real deal arrives, sometimes it has a code for the pre-order bonus or even something physical like a map or a poster. People got fooled. One of the links even showed it:

The red pre-order banner doesn't seem to be on the photo L.O.R.D. posted -- you can see where it should just be a red stripe, but it doesn't appear to be there.

Chariot

The red pre-order banner doesn't seem to be on the photo L.O.R.D. posted -- you can see where it should just be a red stripe, but it doesn't appear to be there.
Of course it's there. Press your eyes together, you can see the dark orange that isn't part of the actual MGSV cover. It's even more visible on his second picture.

L.O.R.D

yab , its must be pre order box

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of KenOD, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (KenOD, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gauntlet -- MB-7923A593E8BB8490 - Taken by Spirited. 43 entrants total.

t1439681192z1.png

Anastasia

sell cards -> get game for free. card money can't be used to pay for rent so there's no worry there :)

I don't have enough cards. :(

Luckily I get money from my school relatively soon so I'll probably just use that lol.

I'm gonna check out those links you posted once I've played it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom