• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. Sonic All Star Racing Transformed.

I was hosting so Ill just state. I have never had a problem with this game but there are so many weird ass online connection bugs. However once you are in the game and able to stay in it it's fun.

KenOD pretty much rekt everyone and I fought for 2nd most of the time with maybe like one or two wins in first.

I don't think we will have another game night for it though since The connection bugs are odd. The game itself plays fine but connecting online woo boy sometimes it just didn't want to cooperate.

Good games guys!

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Okay. Sonic All Star Racing Transformed.

I was hosting so Ill just state. I have never had a problem with this game but there are so many weird ass online connection bugs. However once you are in the game and able to stay in it it's fun.

KenOD pretty much rekt everyone and I fought for 2nd most of the time with maybe like one or two wins in first.

I don't think we will have another game night for it though since The connection bugs are odd. The game itself plays fine but connecting online woo boy sometimes it just didn't want to cooperate.

Good games guys!

I confirm everything he said, also random crashes as I had one of them and poor Kin had 3 of them.

Salsa

lYDjult.jpg

look at this smug motherfucker

new fish avy

L.O.R.D

speaking about that sub reddit , i saw their "Dictionary"

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/wiki/dictionary

Other

Console - Modernized PC knock-offs that financially harm developers, gamers, hardware manufacturers, and the rest of the industry. These are under-powered machines with expensive services and games, and infuriatingly false marketing campaigns. Meaning, the PS3, PS4, XBox One, and XBox 360.

Peasant - One who idolizes, sympathizes, defends, or otherwise shills for Sony and Microsoft and their consoles. One who spews peasant 'facts' may also fall into peasantry. Such 'facts' include claims about 30FPS being adequate, 720p being adequate, and other console marketing lies. See /r/PCMasterRace/wiki/consolepeasants.

Ascension - The moment a Brother obtains a PC, this usually comes shortly after enlightenment.

Enlightenment - The moment an individual realizes that the PC is the objectively superior gaming platform. This is usually a result of reading our 'Why PC?' guide.

Brother - Otherwise known as a member of the PC Master Race. A Brother acknowledges the PC to be the superior gaming platform, but doesn't necessarily have to even own a PC. All brothers have a goal ascend eventually, if not immediately upon enlightenment.

DI9B00F.png

AFAIK , making a game based on 1 hardware is alot easier and have much benefits then making a game with a consideration of multiple hardware and you have to be sure the game will work on any normal budget PC and different sittings and graphic cards

Jawmuncher

Metal Gear Rising beat. It's not part of the kojima games but I have been meaning to replay it anyway. Gotta say I've done a total 180 on it. Awhile back I wasn't the biggest fan of the story or tone in the game. But after playing this on the heels of the entire series, and playing it for what it was rather than what I wanted I really enjoyed it. Story works for what it is and the over the top nature fits better than I felt it did originally. Also I really enjoyed playing with the fox blade upgrade. Makes the game feel like the cyborg ninja game I want. Since regular enemies are killed quick, but bosses still take the skill required.

All I have left now is Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake. Which I'm playing so that I've finally played every metal gear game.

Deitus

Fan wars are all the same.

"My console is better than your console."
"My pop star is better than your pop star."
"My community is better than your community."

War, war never changes.

what i like about lis is that instead of choosing who dies and lives you choose who's feelings you hurt

perfect game for me

you're like, break someone's heart, then someone else's, then play god and figure out which person's heart can heal better or could use a bit of a beating better

i would make such good use of max's power irl

I do like that aspect, but a lot of the interactions feel super contrived. Like you talk to some girl who is always a total bitch to you, and get her to reveal a piece of information, then rewind to bring it up before she does, and suddenly she's like "you're such a good person, let's be besties." No, people don't work like that. I can see how you can turn a power like that to your advantage, but that's straining the limits of believability.

I do like how Chloe is finally starting to
pick up on the fact that I could potentially rewind every choice and conversation though. "You better not rewind this." "I bet you totally did the other thing, and then rewound."

Still only halfway through Ep. 3 though.

zkylon

zkylewd
speaking about that sub reddit , i saw their "Dictionary"

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/wiki/dictionary

AFAIK , making a game based on 1 hardware is alot easier and have much benefits then making a game with a consideration of multiple hardware and you have to be sure the game will work on any normal budget PC and different sittings and graphic cards

it's not very funny but lets not overreact, it's a joke

I do like that aspect, but a lot of the interactions feel super contrived. Like you talk to some girl who is always a total bitch to you, and get her to reveal a piece of information, then rewind to bring it up before she does, and suddenly she's like "you're such a good person, let's be besties." No, people don't work like that. I can see how you can turn a power like that to your advantage, but that's straining the limits of believability.

I do like how Chloe is finally starting to
pick up on the fact that I could potentially rewind every choice and conversation though. "You better not rewind this." "I bet you totally did the other thing, and then rewound."

Still only halfway through Ep. 3 though.
yea totally with u on the contrived part

i think it works much better with the main characters than the supporting cast tho

Salsa

uh so I can't seem to be able to buy the game from nuuvem?

paypal window pops up, put the login, get "processing order" and then the paypal window shows up again, need to log in again..

basically does nothing

any ideas?

L.O.R.D

uh so I can't seem to be able to buy the game from nuuvem?

paypal window pops up, put the login, get "processing order" and then the paypal window shows up again, need to log in again..

basically does nothing

any ideas?

did you tried using VPN ? or another country VPN ?

Metal Gear Rising beat. It's not part of the kojima games but I have been meaning to replay it anyway. Gotta say I've done a total 180 on it. Awhile back I wasn't the biggest fan of the story or tone in the game. But after playing this on the heels of the entire series, and playing it for what it was rather than what I wanted I really enjoyed it. Story works for what it is and the over the top nature fits better than I felt it did originally. Also I really enjoyed playing with the fox blade upgrade. Makes the game feel like the cyborg ninja game I want. Since regular enemies are killed quick, but bosses still take the skill required.

All I have left now is Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake. Which I'm playing so that I've finally played every metal gear game.

It's crazy hearing you say this but awesome.

Deitus

yea totally with u on the contrived part

i think it works much better with the main characters than the supporting cast tho
You're right that it's mostly a problem for the minor characters. I guess since they get so little screen time they rushed the character development to the point that it feels forced, while for the main characters if feels more natural. I think I have a vague idea of what they are doing with the whole
"Max becomes friends with everyone" deal, but it would work a lot better if it took more than literally one sentence to do so.

Salsa

did you tried using VPN ? or another country VPN ?

is that what happens when you don't use a VPN or something? seems weird, there's no notification of any error

im also in south america and never had issues buyin anything when others had to use VPN

edit: oh nvm added an extra buck and it worked. seems the conversion was off

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

Glad you saw the light.

Salsa

we in here

LHPky1z.png

havent played a metal gear since like a first playthrough of MGS3 on my PS2, skipped 4 and whatever else

should be.. interesting

I was slightly salty that I recently paid $6 for Starwhals, didn't play it yet, and then it was in the new bundle.

But last night I had friends over and tried to play it and it didn't launch. Bummer.

We played Niddhogg instead though, which was pretty amazing. Unique and intense. I feel like there is a lot of nuance I need to learn though.

Jawmuncher

we in here

LHPky1z.png

havent played a metal gear since like a first playthrough of MGS3 on my PS2, skipped 4 and whatever else

should be.. interesting

I think you should be good. Considering where the game starts I don't think it's going to be the nightmare for "newcomers" people are thinking.

Sch1sm

we in here

LHPky1z.png

should be.. interesting

I have a feeling it won't be all that confusing, simply because Konami has to account for the fact that 4 was a console exclusive.

Salsa

I think you should be good. Considering where the game starts I don't think it's going to be the nightmare for "newcomers" people are thinking.

I aint even worried story-wise. everygame kinda works on it's own in the sense of kojima twists and whatnot.

like, I never really got the over arching story and it's something I never felt I would even if I paid super close attention and replayed every game. there aint much to get, and it's also just bad

I know the main players in it and im just expecting hilarity. Other than that you bet I forgot it all

those who think it's some work of genius rather than fun b-movie action romp shit are kinda nuts

Dr.Acula

Banned
remember how I got that copy of Killing Floor 2 from the Alienware stream

remember how I activated it and kinda regreted it cause im kinda meh on the game and wanted other similarly priced stuff

gettin offers for tradin KF2 for MGSV

fuck my life again

I imagine KF2 will get better once it leaves E-A. The original game was pretty popular, right?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
If you want to catch up quickly on the MGS storyline just eat a jar of mayonnaise that's been left out in the sun right before going to bed.

Salsa

I own Pace Walker and kinda just couldnt stand the framerate and one analog stick

might give it another shot but considering TPP comes out soon bleh i'll maybe watch a recap

don't have a PS3

L.O.R.D

I have a feeling it won't be all that confusing, simply because Konami has to account for the fact that 4 was a console exclusive.

i have MGS4 disc inside of my PS3 , but i am too lazy to play the game on it
i wish there a way to stream the game to PC or to vita ( can i do it ? )

we in here

LHPky1z.png

should be.. interesting

You should try to play Peace Walker, a lot of stuff won't make sense if you skip that one.

Meh, that's what I get for not refreshing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom