• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I enjoy a roguelike to be sure, but Coin Crypt is one that is just too randomised due to it's nature of "random coins to use each turn of battle" for me. I'm rather fine with the idea of spending currency to do acts though, but I need more control there to strategise over if I'm ever going to enjoy a game like this again.

I blame Tingle.

Salsa

what'll be my understanding of the MGS series if I re-watch and play this

NE8U7i1tRVozyBcnBj6hVIWEehctGux5x03WMs1b_NWf=w696-h928-no
zHJNYay5gX12l-49jbNumyoDhpoOPOb5JBoiDjQyZaL4=w696-h928-no

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
three fucking hours jesus

got ground zeroes last sale too yet to play that

That's pretty grounded for a metal gear game :p

I only played a little bit of Peace Walker as well, played a bit on the PSP but I tend to not play on handhelds much so kinda left it eventually. Got it on PS3 so might try and give it a go, at least to play through the story. If not I'll just watch the movie the day before it's out.

derExperte

I'm watching Giant Bomb playing through every MGS but I don't think they'll do Peace Walker before V.

And what the fucking fuck, Hand of Fate? Had one of the best runs ever leading up to the very last boss who is hard as nails
the dealer
and it looked like I could beat him this time. But then some huge failure during an encounter I never had before happened and it was instant death. Not even a curse or a hard fight. Just dead from 130->0. To make matters worse the last time the boss fight bugged out and I died instantly too because a button prompt didn't appear. I enjoyed this game so far but now it has become kinda bullshit and I now know why so few have beat it compared to the achievements before.

Miguel81

three fucking hours jesus

got ground zeroes last sale too yet to play that

The story mode in GZ is really short. First time playing it took me less than three hours, and that was with a lot of experimentation. The synopsis and tapes brought me up to speed a bit since I also skipped Peace Walker.

zkylon

zkylewd
You're right that it's mostly a problem for the minor characters. I guess since they get so little screen time they rushed the character development to the point that it feels forced, while for the main characters if feels more natural. I think I have a vague idea of what they are doing with the whole
"Max becomes friends with everyone" deal, but it would work a lot better if it took more than literally one sentence to do so.

yeah i think it's just a matter of like screen time budget, there's just not enough to give all the characters (been working on new league ot all day, almost wrote champions lol) the depth they need, so it ends up feeling pretty silly and game-y

i think as a whole, tho, the idea that if you knew the motivations and reasons why people do what they do you could understand them and find out they're not as bad/good as you think works pretty well, even if it's a little goofy sometimes

like, it's certainly made its point, at least to me

inm8num2

edit - didn't know The Desolate Hope became free...
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Project Night -- MB-B8300E52502DD435 - Taken by billmcdougal
Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising -- MB-D3E30B3E00EF58F8 - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I own Pace Walker and kinda just couldnt stand the framerate and one analog stick

might give it another shot but considering TPP comes out soon bleh i'll maybe watch a recap

don't have a PS3

But recaps won't cover the most important details of Peace Walker, including the fact that Big Boss invents Doritos, Mountain Dew, and Axe body spray.

Miguel81

The map layout for Batman Blackgate is a confusing mess. This should make for a pleasant experience when I go back for all the collectibles. Had the same issue with Strider, though I believe that one is worse due to the size of the levels.

Salsa

The map layout for Batman Blackgate is a confusing mess. This should make for a pleasant experience when I go back for all the collectibles. Had the same issue with Strider, though I believe that one is worse due to the size of the levels.

whole game is trash don't bother

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

I still didn't understand the layout even after beating the game 3 times for 100%ing the achievement set.

I can report that Sonic All-stars racing transformed is a buggy mess and we've had so much problem that we've played 3-4 races in an hour, THANKS SEGA!
We should totally make a new one very soon
now that I am alone at home for a long time.
Time for my Steam thread Sub Rosa pimp https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2RG4p1gEh8 the new patch is out and has added helicopters and in game voice chat it seems. Haven't tried it yet but seems good.
Interesting. Saw some footage waaay many months or even years ago. Changed a lot! AO is off the hooks. Looks a bit too much. All the UI elements. It did look a lot cleaner earlier. Models and animations also seem different. Voice chat can be neat but I always thought it'd be a Souls-style non-verbal communication MP/CoOp experience.
Was really fun to see some new footage. Game still looks interesting.

Just yesterday I saw a video of a PC built in a see-through plexiglass case totally submerged in mineral oil.
Was baffled. Very cool that it works but boy, is it a pain to build. Let alone change stuff!

fcfs

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (billmcdougal, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Trine 2 Complete Story -- MB-B8918816B946F85B
Starmade -- MB-F466A8CDD8751C88 - Taken by freshVeggie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom