• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Deimos

So Quiet is (spoilers from the video)
Flash+Deadshot? Wut? That's so overpowered that I don't even know why is Big Boss needed for the mission lol

Quiet is a super strong, super fast, invisible, material-phasing, precision sniping walking pair of giant melons. Oh yeah and she got magic disappearing eyeshadow.

Turfster

max payne 3 needs to be 90% faster, else it's like playing a tps in slow motion where you have the power to go into extra slow motion mode

on top of that you need to watch a lot of cutscenes

It's a shitty me-too "movie" remake of an awesome movie.
Pity it was supposed to actually be an actual fucking game.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I think someone posted an Idle Master tutorial online somewhere or something and misrepresented how it works. Or maybe they just weren't aware.

I've had about 50 people email me today asking how to "Fix this bug" where Idle Master just says "Idling Complete" after they sign in. Some people even included a link to their Steam profile, where they own less than 10 games and have like 100+ hours in all of them.

I get so many Frequently Asked Questions about Idle Master, that I think I'm going to start building an online help-doc and hotlink certain parts of the application to the online help.

Sometimes developing software can be frustrating.

u run idle master and then u make money lol where da money at

Salsa

blazing through Not A Hero doing the 3 challenges in each level no problem and suddenly you get to the ganja level andddd shiet. that time limit on meeting the reporters

edit: oh, of course theres a shortcut

Anteater

Is he drunk the entire game Condemned 2 style, or just drinking the thoughts away Man on Fire style?

hmm i guess it's a bit of both, never watched man on fire though

it's just that he talks about how much he's been drinking and how he could be drinking in most of the cutscenes

Have someone point flashlight at your face from time to time for maximum immersion.

izrinuonnevae5xx4y.gif

Dsyndrome

Off topic, but Norm MacDonald is Colonel Sanders now? I'm so confused.

DX:HR DC runs well on Win 10 for me, outside of the stuttering cutscenes. Screw whoever at SE kept this build as the final on Steam.

Chariot

Btw. what's the best gamepad? I used a 360 so far, but the stick ia starting to colour my thumb black, I might need a new one in time. How are the DS4 and the Xbox One controllers for PC?

Sch1sm

But the location of the D-pad irks me >=/

Stick to DualShock. All the Xbox controllers have it there.

Chariot, I also use an XBONE game pad. I love it. Some real improvements over the 360 ver. *Trigger wise, especially.

If you can play with both in any way, I would. You'd maybe find DS4 a change for the same reason Tizoc isn't huge on the Xbox controllers, but it isn't a terrible controller. Better than DS3.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Though it lacks the plug-and-play nature, the Wii U pro controller can be quite good as a PC gamepad as well.

Chariot

Xbox One controller is pretty great.

Chariot, I also use an XBONE game pad. I love it. Some real improvements over the 360 ver. *Trigger wise, especially.

If you can play with both in any way, I would. You'd maybe find DS4 a change for the same reason Tizoc isn't huge on the Xbox controllers, but it isn't a terrible controller. Better than DS3.
Xbone Controller it is. Thanks for the advice :)

Who releases there game at this time of day?! Gah. Now I need to wait all the day to get my hands on catgirls.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I never noticed until now that Velocity 2X is out on Steam this week. Great game from what I've played on the PS4.

It's a shitty me-too "movie" remake of an awesome movie.
Pity it was supposed to actually be an actual fucking game.

It may have a lot of cutscenes but theres still plenty of gameplay in their and that gameplay just happens to be one of the best third person shooters ever made. Personally I don't mind the cutscenes but then I loved the story/Max in that game so I enjoy it everytime I play it :) But then I can relate to Max a good bit, maybe not with the drink or killing people :)P) but as someone who suffers/suffered badly from depression I can relate to his world view of everything being shit.

It still pains me that GTAV didn't use very much of MP3's shooting mechanics, such a disappointment :(

I never had any issues with xbox 360 triggers... in fact, they're one of the only redeeming qualities of that controller. The d-pad is trash, the buttons are eh, and the shoulder buttons are absolutely horrendous.

DS3 > x360 for me

I never noticed until now that Velocity 2X is out on Steam this week. Great game from what I've played on the PS4.

It's a very solid game, much like the first. Getting Gold/Perfect in all the levels seems a hell of a lot harder this time around due to some of the evil platforming they've included in the 2D sections.

I thought I'd have better luck on my PS4 than my Vita for some of them, so I uploaded my save to cross-save and pulled it down to try it out... I was blown away by how HUGE everything looks... hoping the PC version has some decent resolution options, as I'm sure I'll eventually grab it to give the devs something since it was a freebie on PS+.

Uzzy

I've been playing some Act of Aggression over the weekend, and it's pretty good. Only a beta at the moment though. It's very much Command and Conquer Generals 2, which is great.

I'll do a write up for next months thread.

Dascu

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dascu, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Malebolgia #10 -- MB-18163DE902997541 - Taken by Ventara. 7 entrants total.
Malebolgia #4 -- MB-898FD1D3638DF4B3 - Taken by Teppic. 10 entrants total.
Malebolgia #9 -- MB-BFDD1592BD20F39E - Taken by Anteater. 9 entrants total.
Malebolgia #8 -- MB-BA24847731D66533 - Taken by JustLynx. 18 entrants total.
Malebolgia #3 -- MB-343E877E6C519F13 - Taken by KenOD. 6 entrants total.
Malebolgia #2 -- MB-1F7AB27C27156971 - Taken by Knurek. 10 entrants total.
Malebolgia #5 -- MB-CCA37068ADF39805 - Taken by oupi. 9 entrants total.
Malebolgia -- MB-A576298E80991DF0 - Taken by SSPssp. 4 entrants total.
Malebolgia #7 -- MB-07B38076C4EF46D1 - Taken by Se7enSword. 9 entrants total.
Malebolgia #6 -- MB-E49CF181D2D86DF4 - Taken by Diedac. 3 entrants total.

t1439884722z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom