• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

FF0 releases tomorrow, I'm so not ready, I still haven't finished FFF, not even close and after that I'm playing Celestian Tales, it makes me question why I bought it now at all, should have waited for winter sale, or I can play it after CT and leave the Witcher for later, why I bought the Witcher then?
Talking about Witcher, have they patched everything by now?

Nice giveaway, Descu. Thank you for the chance!

FF0 releases tomorrow, I'm so not ready, I still haven't finished FFF, not even close and after that I'm playing Celestian Tales, it makes me question why I bought it now at all, should have waited for winter sale, or I can play it after CT and leave the Witcher for later, why I bought the Witcher then?

I'm facing a similar issue, not done with DMC4SE yet, have Shadowrun: Hong Kong to look forward to as well. If the courier bonus delivers a decent sum, then I won't have any complaints.

Anteater

finally

the mod we've all been waiting for

NPlDrz5.jpg

Deques

Talking about Witcher, have they patched everything by now?

I guess GMG won't put FF0 in VIP deals then

zkylon

zkylewd
witcha 3 is pretty fun so far, i'm instantly hooked in the universe and crap like i always was and the combat feels fun if a bit convoluted (why are there dodge and roll buttons -__-), and the quests so far have been pretty nice. i played it on the difficulty right above normal and i'm like always broke and getting killed semi regularly so that's pretty cool

i'm not sure i enjoy how skyrim-y it feels tho. like opening up the map and going places just because there's a question mark on them feels kind of like tedious for me even like 2 hours in. i also wish there were buttons to quickly access your quests or the map from the controller instead of having to go through a slow menu

i'm also not a fan that they really simplified the glossary. it was one of my favorite things about witcha 1 and 2 and here it's like a brochure more than a codex

but so far so good, i love ciri, i love geralt, i love that your horse is named roach and monster hunting is awesome and all that cool stuff is cool

also it runs a not very stable 60 fps on medium with basic ao on my computer which is pretty nice and more than i expected. i might drop ao just to get a more solid fps, i dunno, the image quality drop is really noticeable with that

Bought Type 0 on steam to support more FF pc releases. Have now spent 120 dollars(bought the PS4 CE on release) on this game *sigh*

At least it's fun.

zkylon

zkylewd
Just deactivate the questionmarks. It's more fun that way.
hmm could be

i'll try it out, actually

the whole intrisic vs extrinsic reward thing is sometimes as easy as turning off markers

tho the game is so big that i feel like i'm missing out on stuff

it's a complicated issue, i feel i'd mind it less if i didn't have to go through like so many menus so often

or if the menus were less interrupting of gameplay, like dark souls or something

Finished Divinity Original Sin earlier just in time for Hong Kong. Can't believe I waited this long to play it properly. Apart from it crashing every couple of hours or so without fail it was fantastic and I can't wait to try the new edition.

I already miss my spider-bro. He was always the first thing my witch did, summon, buff and send him into battle and when he was killed, summon him again. He even protected
Astarte by bravely placing his body in the way of the Void Dragon's attacks
during the final battle.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I figured I'd try asking Nordic for a Painkiller Gold key but was told it's considered EOL. Oh well. In my response I suggested fixing the store page for the Black Edition (it's actually the store page for Painkiller Gold), so with any luck the BE will stop showing as unowned outside of the store page itself.

Arthea

I figured I'd try asking Nordic for a Painkiller Gold key but was told it's considered EOL. Oh well. In my response I suggested fixing the store page (it's actually the store page for Painkiller Gold), so with any luck the Black Edition will stop showing as unowned outside of the store page itself.

End Of Line?

derExperte

Tsts, doing a weekly sale first and making me buy it, very sneaky! :p No regrets of course, while I'm still not sure what's going on (and where it's going on, guess I need to start using the map) the atmosphere is killer. Gonna play more later today.

Buraindo

witcha 3 is pretty fun so far, i'm instantly hooked in the universe and crap like i always was and the combat feels fun if a bit convoluted (why are there dodge and roll buttons -__-), and the quests so far have been pretty nice. i played it on the difficulty right above normal and i'm like always broke and getting killed semi regularly so that's pretty cool

i'm not sure i enjoy how skyrim-y it feels tho. like opening up the map and going places just because there's a question mark on them feels kind of like tedious for me even like 2 hours in. i also wish there were buttons to quickly access your quests or the map from the controller instead of having to go through a slow menu

i'm also not a fan that they really simplified the glossary. it was one of my favorite things about witcha 1 and 2 and here it's like a brochure more than a codex

but so far so good, i love ciri, i love geralt, i love that your horse is named roach and monster hunting is awesome and all that cool stuff is cool

also it runs a not very stable 60 fps on medium with basic ao on my computer which is pretty nice and more than i expected. i might drop ao just to get a more solid fps, i dunno, the image quality drop is really noticeable with that

If I had to guess, the roll button is for people who dislike the side step and prefer the Witcher 2 style roll, I also find that with some enemies one works better than the other.
You can quickly access the map by holding down the start button.

fertygo

Instead of what? Using an outdated OS with security holes, missing features and optimizations?

Not regularly installing update for like 4 year, seem fine.. less headache than dealing with problematic update that came once in blue moon.

Btw this quite recent clean install tho..

So should I even bother?

pros

I want to try Magic Duels

- cons

installing 211 update sound effin scary

this made me go back and check my updates

only like 5 updates (1 important, 4 optional), but what surprised me is that my computer failed upgrading to windows 10 five times in a row.

what a time

edit: apparently I can even cancel my free upgrade! yessssss

zkylon

zkylewd
If I had to guess, the roll button is for people who dislike the side step and prefer the Witcher 2 style roll, I also find that with some enemies one works better than the other.
You can quickly access the map by holding down the start button.
i mean, obviously they have different uses but i feel like i have to remember way too many buttons lol

maybe it's just that i come from playing lis and i keep holding r2 to run and stuff lol

i did notice that rolling and running costs stamina while dodging doesn't, and obviously rolling lets u create a lot of distance while the quick dodges still leave you in a pretty risky position. it's not bad, it's just kind of too much for me, it's cool that the game throws you in the world right away but i'm a bit overwhelmed with systems and control schemes like horse riding and swimming and running and combat

i really enjoy the game so far tho and dang even on medium with like half the stuff turned off it looks ridiculously gorgeous

was wondering where Rocket League sat on this list now

wA3rHN6.png

I played 82 hours of a game I don't like

im still bummed how the list turns to shit bit after that cause of idling for cards and all that

lemme reset gameplay time valve

Yeah I wish there was a way to filter the list by games I cared about. I have a couple of click games that have high play time amounts that I just forgot and left on. Also at one time I had over 200 hours in Oblivion and Fallout 3 but those got reset somehow.

EaBqdzQ.jpg

Hektor

Yeah I wish there was a way to filter the list by games I cared about. I have a couple of click games that have high play time amounts that I just forgot and left on. Also at one time I had over 200 hours in Oblivion and Fallout 3 but those got reset somehow.

http://i.imgur.com/EaBqdzQ.jpg[/I MG][/QUOTE]

503 hours in SR3. wat

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (lashman, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Indie Assault -- MB-ABF34BCC07917A65 - Taken by MaxiLive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom