• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annubis

They all want the P

PBJlmaI.jpg

Sch1sm

I never had any issues with xbox 360 triggers... in fact, they're one of the only redeeming qualities of that controller. The d-pad is trash, the buttons are eh, and the shoulder buttons are absolutely horrendous.

DS3 > x360 for me

Mine wore out. At this point, the responsiveness is just a barely rebounding, very quiet set of RT/LT controllers, and RB/LB only work in certain areas. I don't exactly abuse my controllers, either, but this happened with both the one's I own.

I prefer it over the DS3, just because of how it's held.

Nekopara Vol.0

YOU CAN PET ANYONE ANYTIME!

GOTY

EDIT: different reactions for different petting areas

GOTF

This advertising.

Effective. I almost thought about buying it.

Modbot ignores me. I just wanna give away some cats ffs >:|

It's for the best.

I don't know. I was interested after the initial announcement. I have it for the WiiU and found it to be a clumsy not particularly fun experience. I was hopeful they would bring some improvements but they really haven't and I am really zombied out at the moment.

I'm sure a mouse and keyboard will fix the clumsy part.

Jawmuncher

The clumsiness of Zombi is intentional though. Some survivors control better than others. You're supposed to be committed to any action you take similar to the souls games. If it was set up like a traditional FPS you would just blow through it like nothing.

Sch1sm

Don't let your dreams be dreams!

Just. Do it!

No, no. You can't convince me, not this time! Today I'm going to buy Her Story, since it's gotten some pretty nice reviews from people here.
Stump put me over the line in the "should I" debate.

I think this dream should stay a dream. Reasons. I would never play it after watching the first one streamed on release.

No, no. You can't convince me, not this time! Today I'm going to buy Her Story, since it's gotten some pretty nice reviews from people here.
Stump put me over the line in the "should I" debate.

I think this dream should stay a dream. Reasons. I would never play it after watching the first one streamed on release.

That's right! Don't listen to him and buy her story instead! It's easily the better purchase.

Arthea

or don't listen to anybody and buy Fairy Fencer instead
btw as discount is already over, I checked sales again - 34,630 ± 4,625. It probably will get to Nep Nep numbers during winter sale, if discounted, well, maybe not Nep Nep, but Nep Nep 2.

I'll make senpai an offer he can't refuse.

void!

Dr Dogg

I don't know. I was interested after the initial announcement. I have it for the WiiU and found it to be a clumsy not particularly fun experience. I was hopeful they would bring some improvements but they really haven't and I am really zombied out at the moment.

I picked it up on the cheap for WiiU but haven't even cracked the cellophane of it yet. Don't know what to expect from a late port other than higher rendering res, possible framrate and maybe slightly higher effects quality and the ability to scale them down. I've heard massively different opions of it that are either it's dull and repetitive whilst being quite bland looking hidden behind a dark image to it has Dark Souls like vibes and bashing zombies heads in with a cricket bat never gets old.

There is VN about mafia on greenlight - VOID

It's an indiegogo project, looks nice too

Sure Julie because you don't strike me as a broody trouble maker at all!

Knurek

btw as discount is already over, I checked sales again - 34,630 ± 4,625. It probably will get to Nep Nep numbers during winter sale, if discounted, well, maybe not Nep Nep, but Nep Nep 2.

Which, all in all, is a very decent number for such a niche title.

Arthea

Which, all in all, is a very decent number for such a niche title.

the game is fun, tho, could have sold better, then again I don't have problems with low budget games as long as gameplay is fun.

Sure Julie because you don't strike me as a broody trouble maker at all!

If someone says about not getting into trouble, you already know their are up to no good, it's funny how kids never catch on this.

Tizoc

void!

A quick google search shows it's initial sales on PS3 in Japan back in what 2013 was 40K units sold, so that' not a bad figure for the game to start with :3

MUnited83

For you.

void!
That's a pretty good number.

derExperte

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (derExperte, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Indie Assault -- MB-9C2562E219D0BEED - Taken by L.O.R.D
Abyss Raiders: Uncharted -- MB-BB7EC1D86A815DAB - Taken by crazyrabbits

xyxy

I think someone posted an Idle Master tutorial online somewhere or something and misrepresented how it works. Or maybe they just weren't aware.

I've had about 50 people email me today asking how to "Fix this bug" where Idle Master just says "Idling Complete" after they sign in. Some people even included a link to their Steam profile, where they own less than 10 games and have like 100+ hours in all of them.

I get so many Frequently Asked Questions about Idle Master, that I think I'm going to start building an online help-doc and hotlink certain parts of the application to the online help.

Sometimes developing software can be frustrating.
You are being too supportive. Even if it's not your style maybe the "webs" needs a take-it-and-shut-up approach sadly. Similar to SAM's FAQ.
Mad Max is more a brawler than a shooter as ammo is relatively scarce.
You're right. CQC seems to be focus but hey, a little bit gun shootbang is still better than none. I don't like too much brawling :/
Looking good.

Is it safe to use a 100% save I found online for Sanic All Stars Racing Transformed, I want to try all the characters but I don't want Gabe kicking down my metaphorical door. I'm getting no real answers on whether the game is VAC enabled or not or whether it would make a difference anyway.

MUnited83

For you.
Is it safe to use a 100% save I found online for Sanic All Stars Racing Transformed, I want to try all the characters but I don't want Gabe kicking down my metaphorical door. I'm getting no real answers on whether the game is VAC enabled or not or whether it would make a difference anyway.
It isn't, and a save wouldn't make any difference either way .

Deques

I am pretty sure that it is safe to use a save file found on the internet. The worse that could happen is that achievements could be unlocked by the save file

Dr Dogg

Well All Stars Transformed does say it's VAC Enabled right on the store page but generally speaking it looks for things like programs that are on a know list and more over modify the game in memory rather than if you've swapped a save game out.

Well All Stars Transformed does say it's VAC Enabled right on the store page but generally speaking it looks for things like programs that are on a know list and more over modify the game in memory rather than if you've swapped a save game out.

Yeah that's what I was wondering about, the people on the always useful Steam forums weren't sure on if it even had VAC or not. The file I found is just a straight up save file with no trainers or anything so I think it'll be alright.

iosefe

Huge favor from someone that buys Type 0

Can you library share with me after release? I apparently just meetvthe minimum requirements, but I'd rather test before buying and refunding when it barely works

fantomena

Just read upon this. Talked to him as well. Shame when people don't feel comfortable anymore here. It's games we talk. Shame things get ugly and "drama" from time to time.

Well, if you writer that you like PewDiePie here you will be crucified, if you talk about Playstation here you will get "get out, wrong thread".

I've decided that I'll be much more proactive with Steam reviews for the rest of the year. Going to make it a goal to release two reviews a week at minimum.

Having been part of other community threads, i've found that the steam threads tend to draw in people with thinner skin that most other communities. It seems that the only ones that stick around tend to be the thicker skinned folks who don't take things too seriously and can handle the occasional jab here and there.

Basically, if the thing that bothers someone is that another poster says "that sucks" about something they like then maybe the issue isn't always the other poster.

This. Compared to some of the other forums I've been part of in the past, GAF (including this thread) is practically docile.

Well, if you writer that you like PewDiePie here you will be crucified, if you talk about Playstation here you will get "get out, wrong thread".

Having been part of other community threads, i've found that the steam threads tend to draw in people with thinner skin that most other communities. It seems that the only ones that stick around tend to be the thicker skinned folks who don't take things too seriously and can handle the occasional jab here and there.

Basically, if the thing that bothers someone is that another poster says "that sucks" about something they like then maybe the issue isn't always the other poster.

Tizoc

Oh dang...I'm getting the DOTO items
Time to replay the tutorials for the 3rd time to remember how to play this dang game :V

Also IMHO the best 3rd person shooting games of the past gen are the TF Cybertron games, though that's mainly as they are the games that immediatly come to mind when i recall TPS games I've played in the past gen ^^;

fantomena

Yeah.

I don't give a shit if people talk about anime, Playstation, Microsoft, Apple, Google, football, whatever here. There are a lot of times more off-topic here than on-topic.

L.O.R.D

stop giving LORD any funny ideas

i already know this , anyway
getting the a complete save file is not fun , unless you just want to jump to online with all characters ( like naruto storm games )
Sonic all stars has VAC , but it wont matter because its just a save game
to get
AGES
you have to be very very good

We'll, it's a complicated process when you will be logged onto my computer, and I will go to the settings and setting it as an authorized computer.

Et cetera

Oh, I know that. What i want to know is how do you want it done?

Like, Teamviewer and communicate via steamapp?

Edit: Also, no need to share! ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom