• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asgaro

If anyone wants to make a thread about this.

Ready at Dawn’s The Order 1886 Engine Targeted PC/PS4, Check It Out Running At 60 FPS On PC

read-pc-slide.png

More at the link: http://gearnuke.com/ready-dawns-order-1886-engine-targeted-pcps4-check-running-60-fps-pc/

Finished up Blacklist yesterday. Actually really enjoyed it. The length was just long enough to not overstay it's welcome. I liked it a hell of a lot better than Conviction, even though it seems the systems are quite similar. Thought the ending was a bit anti-climatic especially with the 'A to Awesome' final fight.

Sure, tell me on steam how to do it.

You just have to give him your Steam password.

youarealreadydead.

If anyone wants to make a thread about this.

Ready at Dawn’s The Order 1886 Engine Targeted PC/PS4, Check It Out Running At 60 FPS On PC

read-pc-slide.png

More at the link: http://gearnuke.com/ready-dawns-order-1886-engine-targeted-pcps4-check-running-60-fps-pc/
Sony usually is very strict about the term "exclusive". Would be very surprised to see this come to PC.
Then again times are a changing and the game did not perform spectacular. Also remember reading Sony "kind of" cut some ties with RAD, so hey, maybe there is a chance.

Also, why aren't you doing the thread? Scared of the console backlash? :3

derExperte

He, I visited friends yesterday and they were playing through The Order. It was painful for everyone involved with lots of yawning and snoring (despite them really not being very discerning when it comes to games), gameplay is even slower and more boring than I remember and the AI's such a joke. Nobody gave a shit about the story either, the only thing this game is good for is as a tech demo so them trying to sell/license the engine it imo their best idea ever.

Well, if you writer that you like PewDiePie here you will be crucified, if you talk about Playstation here you will get "get out, wrong thread".

You'll get laughed at for liking Pew in a lot of places on the internet and talking about non-Steam games is fine up to a point. Talking only about non-Steam games anymore? Eh.

So I don't get it. What exactly happened to PunishedSnake and why did he ask for ban?

He even asked for every post getting deleted.

Sony usually is very strict about the term "exclusive". Would be very surprised to see this come to PC.
Then again times are a changing and the game did not perform spectacular. Also remember reading Sony "kind of" cut some ties with RAD, so hey, maybe there is a chance.

well, The Order 1886 is officially a Sony trademark which means that the likelihood of the order actually making it out of the PS4 is pretty slim. Now, that doesn't mean that they own the tech or engine that RAD uses, and RAD is just demonstrating how their tech also works on PC as well as the PS4.

which is kinda not that big a deal given that everyone is working on x64 cpus now but, hey, i can't blame them for trying to get their names out there.

He even asked for every post getting deleted.

yeah, i noticed that when i tried to search for his/her posts to see what all the fuss was about. so now i have no idea what could've upset PS enough to walk away. Oh well.

Asgaro

No no, I love when the internet goes nuts. :p
It's just that when I make a thread I always try to read most comments and try to keep the start post updated with relevant new information popping up.
But right now I don't have the time to do this. :)

MUnited83

For you.

madjoki

Maybe The Order 1866 isn't but they could be working on a PC game, which is why it supports it?
Or maybe it's only for testing purposes. :(

You just have to give him your Steam password.

youarealreadydead.
That means i'm a...dead man walking.
H1eSR1J.png

I guess. I need to get team viewer on my desktop
Alright, tell me whenever you're ready. I'll install it too in the meanwhile.
So I don't get it. What exactly happened to PunishedSnake and why did he ask for ban?
I recall some people taking jabs at him for being a junior last week, and based on the information provided so far, it seems he took it to heart?

fantomena

How did you get the thoughts of The Order coming to PC from that?

well, The Order 1886 is officially a Sony trademark which means that the likelihood of the order actually making it out of the PS4 is pretty slim. Now, that doesn't mean that they own the tech or engine that RAD uses, and RAD is just demonstrating how their tech also works on PC as well as the PS4.

which is kinda not that big a deal given that everyone is working on x64 cpus now but, hey, i can't blame them for trying to get their names out there.
Not sure about legal mumbo-jumbo but couldn't they do a Zombi(U) ala Ubi and get it un-exclusive?
How did you get the thoughts of The Order coming to PC from that?
Screens showing it running at 60fps which PS4 version isn't. Like Akimbo said, it could also be just proof of engine being readied for a future multiplat game or just ad for their studio to get a new pub.

fantomena

You'll get laughed at for liking Pew in a lot of places on the internet .

I like PewDiePie, laugh at me, I don't give a fuck.

Not sure about legal mumbo-jumbo but couldn't they do a Zombi(U) ala Ubi and get it un-exclusive?

Ask Sony.

While you're at it, ask Sony on why they won't bring Bloodborne, Uncharted, Ratchet & Clank, The Last Guardian too.

N
Screens showing it running at 60fps which PS4 version isn't.

The Order 1886s tech is RAD owned, Sony doesn't have anything to do with it from what Ive read.

dude , its a joke
i know it a remastered
that's why they chose the same song
I don't know how to sarcasm anymore.
No, it's a Sony owned IP. It ain't ever coming to the PC. Zombi U has nothing to do with that lol, that IP was always Ubisoft , and they could even release it with the U still in, they just dont do it because it wouldn't make any sense lol
Bernardo - Destroyer of dreams.

MUnited83

For you.

Screens showing it running at 60fps which PS4 version isn't. Like Akimbo said, it could also be just proof of engine being readied for a future multiplat game or just ad for their studio to get a new pub.
No, it's a Sony owned IP. It ain't ever coming to the PC. Zombi U has nothing to do with that lol, that IP was always Ubisoft , and they could even release it with the U still in, they just dont do it because it wouldn't make any sense lol

Well, they don't own the rights to The Order, Sony does. So unless sony suddenly has a change of heart and decides to allow for their properties to come to PC then it's a nogo.

Ubisoft owns Zombi. The U in ZombiU is like the 64 in a lot of N64 games: it's just used to help identify the platform the game is on. So unless they had an exclusivity period with Nintendo, they could ported the game anywhere because it was their game.

TLDR: RAD can't do anything with the order without sony giving the green light.

Best TPS of last gen was Spehs Muhreens.

I dunno, I really really liked RE5. Maybe that doesn't make it the best, but it was the one that got the most gameplay out of me.

Gears 3 might be right behind it because of the amount of content in there. It had good MP, horde mode, and a fun campaign featuring Ice T.

Though Space Marine is legit fun, i did find it to be a bit of a drag near the end. and that ending set up a sequel that doesn't appear to be happening : /

Well, they don't own the rights to The Order, Sony does. So unless sony suddenly has a change of heart and decides to allow for their properties to come to PC then it's a nogo.

Ubisoft owns Zombi. The U in ZombiU is like the 64 in a lot of N64 games: it's just used to help identify the platform the game is on. So unless they had an exclusivity period with Nintendo, they could ported the game anywhere because it was their game.

TLDR: RAD can't do anything with the order without sony giving the green light.
Aw, you're right. Ubi is the Sony in that case. Hm, thought Nintendo owned the rights to ZombiU, but yeah, that's not the case.

yeah, i noticed that when i tried to search for his/her posts to see what all the fuss was about. so now i have no idea what could've upset PS enough to walk away. Oh well.

Yeah, I bet we will see that engine on some future pc game.

iosefe

hye guys, important questions

lets say i own New Vegas UE, and i'm library sharing with someone who owns FO3

can i use the Tale of two Wastelands mod?

Parsnip

We already knew that RAD is switching gears to be a multiplatform dev, but I guess it's nice to see their engine run at 60.

Looking forward to seeing what their next game is.

edit: Also, regarding Zombi. It doesn't seem to have Uplay page either (I at least can't find it), so don't jump to any conclusions?

Mornin' Steam Boys 'n' Girls.
So should I even bother?

pros

I want to try Magic Duels

- cons

installing 211 update sound effin scary
That's why you shoulda just stayed updated. :v
I connect my Pro controller via Bluetooth.

That's the point though I don't want to use Bluetooth.

Zombi will most assuredly be dead on arrival.

Because its a Zombi, get it?

DON'T EXPLAIN THE JOKE, MAN! SOILED IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom